It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of Brexit

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes, and I still disagree with you. The EU Parliament is advisory and toothless.
It's irrelevant though, you lost the referendum and we are leaving the EU so I don't mind either way.

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Whats the point trying to be sensible with you if you are just going to try and bs your way out of a corner?

Even the EU ombudsman has criticised trilogues.

Yet you are trying to pretend they are just the same as any other form of legislation.

They do not go before a full parliament for a vote and a debate, they are done in small sessions and in relative secrecy yet make up 70 odd per cent of legislature in the EU.

Its wrong and if you have a brain and a conscience, you should know it is.

I get that you are trying to win an argument with a stranger on the internet, but dammit, just how far down do you have to stoop before things become too undemocratic even for you? Or is there no level to which you will not descend?

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

They do not go before a full parliament for a vote and a debate.

Yes they do. Stop lying.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Irrelevant either way, we're leaving the EU, so cry your river because there's # all you can do about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yes they do. Stop lying.

I woud suggest that you dont know a single thing about how that organisation you profess to love so much works.

Do you even know what a trilogue is?

If you did, you would understand that it is a mechanism to speed up the legislative process to a rubber stamping exercise and that bills passed under this methodology don't get 2nd or 3rd readings and the content of the bills are not publicly available.

But hey, its ok right? Might not be proper democracy but it's good enough for you Scots it seems.

And to think you are always whining over independence from England...Crazy. maybe Westminster should have been more opaque and distant in it's dealings with you then, you'd have loved them more.

Here you go, if you can find a sober adult at this time of night up there, get them to read it to you.

www.euractiv.com...
edit on 38pThu, 20 Dec 2018 16:40:38 -060020182018-12-20T16:40:38-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
Nobody sober at this time of night in Scotland mate lol
You seen the death rate of piss heads up there compared to England? Almost double.
It is a tragedy.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
You seen the death rate of piss heads up there compared to England? Almost double.
It is a tragedy.

I thought it was down to all that deep fried stuff
That and the rubbish beer up there, Tennents and McEwens...God, no wonder they are so angry

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes they do. Stop lying.

I woud suggest that you dont know a single thing about how that organisation you profess to love so much works.

If you did, you would understand that it is a mechanism to speed up the legislative process to a rubber stamping exercise and that bills passed under this methodology don't get 2nd or 3rd readings and the content of the bills are not publicly available.

But hey, its ok right? Might not be proper democracy but it's good enough for you Scots it seems.

And to think you are always whining over independence from England...Crazy. maybe Westminster should have been more opaque and distant in it's dealings with you then, you'd have loved them more.

Here you go, if you can find a sober adult at this time of night up there, get them to read it to you.

www.euractiv.com...

Again your link doesn't back up your claim.

www.europarl.europa.eu...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes they do. Stop lying.

www.euractiv.com...

If you had read it...

Your link by the way fails to refute anything I wrote. maybe you should have read that page too, before you posted it, like.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
It is a tragedy.

Yet strangely even through our alcohol blurred gaze we still manage to read and understand links.

Unlike you or sprocket apparently.

Maybe you should drink more? I would recommend West brewery or brewdog rather than tennents mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yes they do. Stop lying.

www.euractiv.com...

If you had read it...

Your link by the way fails to refute anything I wrote. maybe you should have read that page too, before you posted it, like.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It refutes your claim that there is no vote. Your lies are just getting rather pathetic now.
edit on 20-12-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Since what I say can be (and has been) backed up by multiple sources I think its clear who is deluding themselves.

As I have said before there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the EU. Actually just making up stuff however just devalues your argument.

EU’s trying trilogues

This article is part of our special report Lawmaking in the dark.
This process of squaring the circle is called the trilogues, so called because it is a three-way negotiation between the Parliament, the Council and the Commission,The trilogues go on for weeks, sometimes months, until the white smoke emerges from the bunker. Only then does the public learn what has been agreed, but with no idea how or why. Sometimes the legislation that emerges from the trilogues bears little resemblance to the one that was adopted in an open, transparent way in the Parliament.

The trilogues were originally meant as a means to make minor adjustments to legislation following an extensive legislative process. They were supposed to come after multiple rounds of voting in the Parliament and Council (called ‘readings’), during which time the two versions would come closer together by the transparent actions of legislators.

And that’s where problems begin. The discussions taking place in the Parliament were public. But in the trilogues, with so much of the negotiations behind closed doors, THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY.

The European Economic and Social Committee recently published a study finding the trilogues to be unacceptably opaque.

Swedish Liberal MEP Fredrick Federley said “I would claim that the trialogue process is working and the three parties in the EU do often come to agreements,” he says. “But I believe there is a transparency deficit when the citizens are left outside. Documents, agendas and minutes from these informal meetings should be published and accessible.”
So why are the trilogues so secretive? It’s largely because the talks operate under the ethos of the Council, the most opaque EU institution. It is a collection of 28 embassies, which are run by the foreign ministries of their respective countries, it is governed by the usual rules of international diplomacy. And that is a world of hyper-secrecy, sometimes just for secrecy’s sake.

The consequence is that national governments can take one position in Brussels, then return home and tell their citizens that they took the opposite decision. And because of the opacity of this process, they can get away with it.

“In a representative democracy citizens have the right to know whether their legislators voted in favour of or against a law or proposal,” the paper says. “The EU currently does not live up to this democratic standard and the Council, in particular, regularly violates EU transparency regulations.”

The first step to making the opaque trilogue negotiations more transparent will be for the Council to sign up to the transparency register. But it will be only a first step on the long road to get national governments to be more open about what they do in Brussels.

www.euractiv.com...

Not much transparacy there!!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Since what I say can be (and has been) backed up by multiple sources I think its clear who is deluding themselves.

As I have said before there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the EU. Actually just making up stuff however just devalues your argument.

EU’s trying trilogues

This article is part of our special report Lawmaking in the dark.
This process of squaring the circle is called the trilogues, so called because it is a three-way negotiation between the Parliament, the Council and the Commission,The trilogues go on for weeks, sometimes months, until the white smoke emerges from the bunker. Only then does the public learn what has been agreed, but with no idea how or why. Sometimes the legislation that emerges from the trilogues bears little resemblance to the one that was adopted in an open, transparent way in the Parliament.

The trilogues were originally meant as a means to make minor adjustments to legislation following an extensive legislative process. They were supposed to come after multiple rounds of voting in the Parliament and Council (called ‘readings’), during which time the two versions would come closer together by the transparent actions of legislators.

And that’s where problems begin. The discussions taking place in the Parliament were public. But in the trilogues, with so much of the negotiations behind closed doors, THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY.

The European Economic and Social Committee recently published a study finding the trilogues to be unacceptably opaque.

Swedish Liberal MEP Fredrick Federley said “I would claim that the trialogue process is working and the three parties in the EU do often come to agreements,” he says. “But I believe there is a transparency deficit when the citizens are left outside. Documents, agendas and minutes from these informal meetings should be published and accessible.”
So why are the trilogues so secretive? It’s largely because the talks operate under the ethos of the Council, the most opaque EU institution. It is a collection of 28 embassies, which are run by the foreign ministries of their respective countries, it is governed by the usual rules of international diplomacy. And that is a world of hyper-secrecy, sometimes just for secrecy’s sake.

The consequence is that national governments can take one position in Brussels, then return home and tell their citizens that they took the opposite decision. And because of the opacity of this process, they can get away with it.

“In a representative democracy citizens have the right to know whether their legislators voted in favour of or against a law or proposal,” the paper says. “The EU currently does not live up to this democratic standard and the Council, in particular, regularly violates EU transparency regulations.”

The first step to making the opaque trilogue negotiations more transparent will be for the Council to sign up to the transparency register. But it will be only a first step on the long road to get national governments to be more open about what they do in Brussels.

www.euractiv.com...

Not much transparacy there!!

Ahhh bits in bold that changes everything.

EU itself has acknowledged problems with the process and is making adjustments.

None of that however backs up Sprockets claim.
edit on 20-12-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

the italians love tennents export and super , and apparently Italy is one of Tennents largest customers!

but as said he said , brew dog or brewery West !

Scotland has nice beer and ales !
hmmmw hat notable lagers does England have that Ive actually drank

well I remember drinking Carling , but its like drinking watered down shandy

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yes but England has real beer for men.
Lager was invented for women!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

aye thats why we prefer whisky

and so I wish ye aww the best and lang may yer lum reek!

my gran and grandad used to play lots of andy stewart at xmas and new year
and I tried my first whiskey when I was 12

Slainte Mhath

hahah andy stewart here telling the story of the origins of cambeltown loch
"it was an English ship !" lol

edit on 21-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: sapien82

Yes but England has real beer for men.
Lager was invented for women!

real beers such as ?

I honestly dont know any English beers

most of the beers I drink are European or ales made in Scotland

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join