It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Theories On What Happens After Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have four theories on what happens after death. The first three theorems are based on the subsiding of brain activity. As the brain drains of all its electrical activity the last few moments of conscious experience are so profound and intense it feels like it lasts for all eternity. The brain’s near death experience just feels like it lasts for all eternity. In our reality, it only lasts just a few nanoseconds in real time.

The first theory is the one found in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. How the last few moments of conscious experience play out is determined by a person's character. If you are full of hate you will experience profound hatred and torturing experiences filling you with profound fear. The experience of your own hatred and fear is the same experience of going to Hell to suffer eternal damnation as described in the Bible. The Tibetan Book of the Dead is a set of prayers and rituals guiding you past your own death experiences which are based your own inner hatred and fears. By using these prayers and rituals some people achieve the final state of communion with God and their cycle of death and rebirth comes to an end. While others are unable to let go of what it is they are clinging to. When you unable to let go of all your fears and hatreds you are forced down a painful path leading to a new reincarnation. A new reincarnation is needed in order to experience another cycle of working out all your remaining fears and hatreds.

The second theory has to do with what people say happens during near death experiences. When you die you have two choices. Your first choice is you bravely face the light, and then go into the light. When you go into the light you look directly into the face of God. When you look into the face of God you experience God’s infinite beauty. You become so enamored with God’s infinite beauty, all time ceases to exist, you stop having conscious thoughts, and you melt into the mind of God experiencing eternal Heavenly bliss.

The God experience is greatest possible experience one can have by definition. No other experience is as fulfilling and complete than the God experience, again, by definition. The God experience is like every cell in your entire body is having a simultaneous orgasm. Even though this only happens for a few nanoseconds before physical death, with your brain operating at 100% capacity from maximum neural excitation, it feels like eternity to the conscious self which becomes oblivious to the brains final shut down.

The next question is what happens with the second theory’s second choice. Your second choice, for whatever reason you feel you are not worthy of staring into the face of God, each of us being our own worse critics, and you turn away from looking into God's face. So what happens when you turn away?

The Bible tells us when you turn away from choosing God you will go to Hell to experience eternal damnation. I thought about this for a long time. It seems to me an omnipotent God of unconditional love would want to see every facet of His creation achieve its best possible final result. So I think at the moment you turn away from God you are immediately given the power of omnipotence. Your mind enters into a free-form delusional state where anything you imagine spontaneously comes into existence and is experience. Again, with every cell in your body heightened in excitation time slows down. For just a few nanoseconds you experience having the power of omnipotence for what is essentially eternity. An omnipotent God can certainly dole out the power of omnipotence while still retaining all His primary powers.

If you combine this idea of having a free-form delusion with Rubert Sheldrakes idea of Morphic Fields and Morphic Resonance you will not only be able to re-experience everything you've experience before in your own life, but you will be able to tap into other people's experiences. And by tapping into other people's experiences you will have access to say reading every book ever written to date. Or experience winning an Olympic medal. Or experience what your life would have been like if you married Jane instead of Sally. Or re-experience any life decision and make a different choice. Of course, some people think Morphic Fields and Resonance might also span time forwards and backwards beyond the present.

Now at first all this may sound like a really good thing. But after millions and millions of years, or what just seems like millions of years, which is only nanoseconds real time, living out all your petty profane desires and imaginations you will become extremely bored. Your mind will have exhausted every possible thing it is capable of imagining. Every possible conceivable scenario of experience you are capable of imagining will have been played out millions of times over. After having sex with two chicks 10,000 times is probably enough. Eventually you will decide there's no point in turning away from God any longer. You will decide with having absolutely nothing left worthwhile to do you will turn back and look into the face of God. However, this time you don't look away. All the reasons you would have to look away have been resolved during your stint with omnipotent powers. And just after you look into the face of God you have a very brief thought where you think, “What the heck was I thinking when I turned away the first time?” Time will then cease to exist and you experience eternal heavenly bliss.

Now some of you may be thinking, “Gee, you die, you turn away from God and you get rewarded with the power of having omnipotence.” This may sound unfair if you are immature in your thinking and you take pleasure in the thought of sinners suffering eternal damnation. Or maybe your heart is full of hate and you are seeking revenge against all the people who have sinned against you. But from our omnipotent all-loving God's perspective, what better way to win over someone’s love so completely and absolutely than by perfectly giving someone everything their heart desires? The real sad thing is why anyone would ever waste any time at all with their own petty and profane desires when they can be looking into the face of God experiencing God’s infinite beauty and basking in the glow of eternal heavenly bliss. Nothing we can imagine or invent could ever come close to experiencing God's infinite beauty. And from our omnipotent God's perspective, that is from the perspective of a God of unconditional love, everyone is eventually saved and gets to experience eternally heavenly bliss. Again, there are a lot of haters out there who want revenge so this idea everyone is saved regardless of our Earthly sins or how we practiced our religion, or not practiced our religion, doesn't work for them. But it really doesn’t matter if everyone is saved. This is because since everyone is having their own ultimate good-time experience communing with God, you will be too busy enamored with God’s infinite beauty to care one iota about your neighbor next to you who slept with your wife. Or your brother-in-law on your other side in heaven who stole all your money from your business to pay off his gambling debts.

edit on 15-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The third theory is simple base on the idea of having faith in a God of unconditional love. The third theory is a lot like the second except you have no choice but to be propelled into the light to experience looking into the face of God. And as before, experiencing God's infinite beauty is so complete you have no time left for conscious thoughts, desires, or criticisms of other people. Again, everyone is saved regardless of our earthy sins. This is probably good news for some people who have a very tough time living a moral life.

My fourth theory of life after death is based on the teachings of Zen Buddhism combined with the teachings of Jesus with a sprinkling of creative linguistics. Consider the following passages from the Bible.

John 3:1-10
[QUOTE]Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?[/QUOTE]

Romans 10:9-10
[QUOTE]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.[/QUOTE]

Corinthians 5:17
[QUOTE]Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.[/QUOTE]

There are many ways to interpret the words in the Bible. Words are pointers to some meaning. Everyone experiences the meaning of words based on their life experiences. So what does it mean to die and be born again is full of many interpretations. Here is what I think it means.

Who are we? What is important is to realize we are not just like each other, we ARE each other. None of us invented sex. It is just part of what it means to be a human being. Everyone is capable of having sex. The same thing is true with human character. None of us invented or owns our human character. Most of us have ego delusion. Everything we think is who we are exists in other people. Our way of looking at the world is not unique. What makes us happy and what makes us sad is not unique. Since you are not really uniquely alive as your ego delusion would have you believe, who you are lives on in the human race. As long as the human race is thriving none us will actual die.

Once you realize we are all the same, once you recognize your own ego delusion, you die and are reborn again to experience what being a human being really means. This new way of experiencing what it means to be a human being is like the golden rule on steroids. Seeing other people as you changes the way you experience and appreciate God. You are never alone because everyone around you is a friend. Knowing you will not die because you will live on in other people is very liberating. You attain a new found faith that no matter what happens everything is going be alright because everything you love and appreciate is going to live on in other people.

You see people who are full of fear and hate as being confused versions of you but just slightly mixed up. You will realize that even though some people are mixed up and confused, they are still worthy of your own love and forgiveness equal to the full measure of the love and respect you have for yourself.

With the fourth theory, you never die because you are not really alive in a singular sense. Who you are lives on as long as the human race continues to live on. We are each other.

Anyone have any other theories of what happens after you die that you hold dear to your heart?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Very interesting hypothesies.

SnF.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You spelled hypothesis wrong. Theories require evidence to support them. Hopefully there is still time to edit your title.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't have any theories that I hold dear to my heart, but I've had a bit to do with death.

One thing that seems to hold true in death is that when the death is non-accidental and there is forewarning, as in illness, deceased relatives are there waiting. Things generally go well.

With potentially terminal illness, who shows up and when gives forewarning.

However in sudden death, murders and accidents for instance. The relatives don't show up to greet the person and they are just lost with no where to go. This is especially so of children.

It is as if heaven is an exclusive club.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I am too caught up in my life to consider death. I hope I dont have to come back, is all. I really don't care much for life on earth.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

An after life with no judgement and the option to reincarnate is the type of afterlife that I am hoping for.

I don't believe in any of the ideas of what the afterlife is though.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

This is a whole lot of thought and effort into a completely meaningless enterprise. There is simply no way to determine the truth. What needs done is to figure out how someone who has died can tell us what is going on.

This reduces down to two things that I have heard of.

One, people that have reincarnated remembering past lives and possibly what being dead was like.
Two, Jesus Christ.

Now we can't talk to Jesus but we have the Bible. That's as far as that goes.

All that's left is to investigate the former. This has been done but the only people that seem to believe it are the Buddhists. The whole hypnotic past life regression thing seems to have been dismissed.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Only four?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
5th theory

Dont go into the golden light...its a soul trap where you'll reincarnate into this slave planet again.

God, the devil are diff sides of same coin.

The Archons thrive off our misery on this slave planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have just one theory on what happens after death. The universe erases your "soul" and your body rots and turns into plant food.
edit on 17-12-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The Bible tells us when you turn away from choosing God you will go to Hell to experience eternal damnation. I thought about this for a long time. It seems to me an omnipotent God of unconditional love would want to see every facet of His creation achieve its best possible final result. So I think at the moment you turn away from God you are immediately given the power of omnipotence. Your mind enters into a free-form delusional state where anything you imagine spontaneously comes into existence and is experience. Again, with every cell in your body heightened in excitation time slows down. For just a few nanoseconds you experience having the power of omnipotence for what is essentially eternity. An omnipotent God can certainly dole out the power of omnipotence while still retaining all His primary powers.

The NT through the doctrine of Christ Jesus and His apostles teaches a vastly different theology than you have. Anyone who enters hell cannot escape hell till those in hell are dumped into the everlasting and conscious ethereal realm of fire. Those who are thrown into this desolation are actually given nothing and what spiritual life you have will become a second death. There is no time whatsoever in the spiritual realm. Time is a creation for the terrestrial and nothing more.

The God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus is not a God of unconditional love and never has ever implied that He was such a God. God has always taught that salvation is conditional and the conditions are the same for each and every human of Adam's procreation. Once a person has crossed to this realm of hell there is no escape from its judgment which is a spiritual death.

top topics

join