It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican volcano Popocatepetl erupts with 2km column of ash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Have not seen much about this anywhere else, though it's being reported in Mexican media.

2km column of ash and pyroclastic flows. The gov't is warning people to stay away (DUH!), but they've not raised their warning level past phase 2 (where it's been for ages).

My daughter flies out of CDMX in a few days. I hope this doesn't mess up her schedule.

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

One of my favourite volcanos. Popocatepetl and Ethna. Weird it's not being reported elsewhere. That's so fascinating I totally get the tourism in 1980 when Mt St Helens got her facelift.
Hope your daughter is fine

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Read up on the maunder minimum an uptick in seismic activity is typical during this cycle

So much so they aren't sure weather the cooling is caused by the minimum or increased volcanic activity

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
unfortunately i wouldn't say "duh". people ARE that stupid these days. when i was at Yellowstone a few years back a park ranger had to yell at a woman who was trying to take a selfi with a grizzly bear. and just a couple years back some idiots there decided to go off the pathway to find a hot spring to soak in. one fell into one of the pools and all that was apparently left of him was some of the tings he was carrying (because of course some of those pools are highly caustic or acidic). in the Grand Canyon people get blown off the edge all the time because they want pictures of themselves on the edge.

and volcanoes are no different several years back some tourists and a guide got killed on mount Myong, when a fissure opened up. and there was an exclusion zone in effect in that area for obvious reasons. so i really would not at all be surprised if some idiot decided to go to the lava flow, and even the main live crater to take a selfi.

how big is their exclusion zone? i know here it's normally about 5 or more KM, when they even think a volcano might go off.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I wonder what the Carbon Tax would be on that?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
When I was 13, that volcano was a hundred feet tall in a cornfield

Cool thing hot now

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

top topics

join