It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should States give away free Naloxone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
One of our local EMT's told me that his crew saved one addict three times in less than 6 hours. I asked why the local police/paramedics weren't warning the dopers about bad batches and he said that if they do that, the dopers would go out looking for the stuff. Something about the ultimate high.

So these selfish dopers keep tying up resources while those that are injured or having a medical emergency have to wait. I proposed a simple solution. After a Narcan intervention, the doper is placed in an observation cell just long enough for a cold turkey withdrawal. The cell is lined with ceramic tile and has a floor drain for easy cleanup. When the happy doper is done puking and comes around, he/she is cleaned up, fed and sent on their way.
edit on 12/15/2018 by pteridine because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I proposed a simple solution. After a Narcan intervention, the doper is placed in an observation cell just long enough for a cold turkey withdrawal. The cell is lined with ceramic tile and has a floor drain for easy cleanup. When the happy doper is done puking and comes around, he/she is cleaned up, fed and sent on their way.

That sound incredibly expensive for taxpayers.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yours is a noble profession.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: pteridine

I proposed a simple solution. After a Narcan intervention, the doper is placed in an observation cell just long enough for a cold turkey withdrawal. The cell is lined with ceramic tile and has a floor drain for easy cleanup. When the happy doper is done puking and comes around, he/she is cleaned up, fed and sent on their way.

That sound incredibly expensive for taxpayers.

It might be cheaper than ambulance rides and EMT time. I look on it as training, like whacking a puppy with a newspaper.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

No, we live in a society.

So government should give away free livers to alcoholics?

Not everyone is well adjusted in this very sick society we live in, a little compassion is essential.

I think my post is all about compassion, I'm asking what about all those other people...? The whole reason I brought up this post is that I was in the store and witnessed a lady faint right in the aisle. I don't really know what happened to her. And I'm just assuming here, but I really wonder if she was having a diabetic episode. I've heard a lot about people lately skipping insulin, or trying to stretch it out since they just can't afford it. Then I see this article about a state just giving free overdose drugs out like candy. I'm in now way saying OD people don't deserve to be rescued, but what about everyone else with very similar life threatening problems.

I think I see it differently to you , we have a medical system that doesn't let people die of things like lack of insulin, America seems to be the only developed country that fleeces it's people over healthcare.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can see the mebtality of average Americans by reading their post here on ATS

They are small minded and selfish. They belive in the dollar more than they believe in any gods

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not till they get the Pharma companies to reduce the price. The drug is way too expensive, increasing the demand will not lower the price with Pharma companies. Maybe if they can get a generic one from a different country and blow out the pharma companies raping the public, I would say yes. There is no reason for such high of a price on some of the meds, the telling people it is important to have one around is nothing more than a sales scam since it goes bad in about a year and a half from what I read.

Overfeeding the pig just makes the pig fatter

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
No, people who are prescribed pain meds are given scripts to fill for Naxolone.
If anyone else should overdose on your meds you'd want it around.
If you overdose on your meds you might want it around.
It's not going to be free, the government would have to pay for it so no, don't give it away.
Provide it at cost.
edit on 15-12-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
So these selfish dopers keep tying up resources while those that are injured or having a medical emergency have to wait. I proposed a simple solution. After a Narcan intervention, the doper is placed in an observation cell just long enough for a cold turkey withdrawal. The cell is lined with ceramic tile and has a floor drain for easy cleanup. When the happy doper is done puking and comes around, he/she is cleaned up, fed and sent on their way.

What you are suggesting is nothing short of torture.
Sleep deprivation, beatings and waterboarding would have nothing on your solution.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Why are we assuming that being saved from a drug overdose is the best thing for these people? Perhaps death is better as it ends the misery that they must be in to get to that point in the first place.

Perhaps we need to rethink our peritanucal views of death. It's not always such a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Our society doesnt have the stomac for this kind of compassion

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Why are we assuming that being saved from a drug overdose is the best thing for these people? Perhaps death is better as it ends the misery that they must be in to get to that point in the first place.

Perhaps we need to rethink our peritanucal views of death. It's not always such a bad thing.

Why don't we euthanize them all at birth, then we'd never have anyone with attitudes like yours.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: pteridine

What you are suggesting is nothing short of torture.
Sleep deprivation, beatings and waterboarding would have nothing on your solution.

Glad you pointed this out. This would be hell for the addict and potentially life threatening. Going cold turkey is no joke...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why don't we euthanize them all at birth, then we'd never have anyone with attitudes like yours.

People suck, we should all go back to where came from, piss off you freeloader scum...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I don't disagree with your skepticism, but if there were a drug that cured cancer with 75-100% efficiency like Narcan does with drug overdose, I would be more than willing to shell out more tax-payer dollars for that. Unfortunately such a drug doesn't exist.

Child’s leukemia ALL can be cured at 96%.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

People don't realize it takes anywhere from a week to a month or more of being extremely ill just to get off these drugs. You can't sleep, you can't eat and your system will be flushing itself. They become dangerously dehydrated and anemic. It can often trigger stroke, heart attack and convulsions. People often die trying to come off these drugs and require supervision and care on some level.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

People suck, we should all go back to where came from, piss off you freeloader scum...

You do realize that I was being sarcastic.

But, are you suggesting that we climb back into the womb?

Most guys are always already trying to do that.

edit on 16/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Straight men are still a majority, well I never.
edit on 16-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

And yeah I get your posts, I pretty much agree with much of what you say, which is weird because you're a sheep screwing wierdo kiwi and likely drink fosters, my post was also sarcasm.
edit on 16-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You do realize that I was being sarcastic.

But, are you suggesting that we climb back into the womb?

Most guys are always already trying to do that.

I'm fairly cut right now so take it you will, even so love ya bro...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Straight men are still a majority, well I never.

And yeah I get your posts, I pretty much agree with much of what you say, which is weird because you're a sheep screwing wierdo kiwi and likely drink fosters, my post was also sarcasm.

Actually an Aussie living in NZ.

's cool.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join