It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should States give away free Naloxone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
VIVITROL would be the better thing to give out for free. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

No.

States should not give it away for free.

If you want to do drugs to the point of an overdose, that's on the individual and I have not problem with that.

But now I (as a taxpayer) have to foot the bill for their individual choice?

No.

With that way of thinking if you made a poor choice and crashed your car and lay there dying people should not help you and leave you to die...

So you equate deliberately using drugs with a traffic accident.

Someone should slap you for making that post.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, we live in a society.
edit on 15-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: removed unescarry insult

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We have it so right, that even rave music embraced it in my youth

National h̶a̶r̶d̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ Health Service, you know the score

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I carry 2 in my ER go-bag. Sometimes...a lot of times....it takes more than 1-2 to bring someone out. They are expensive and have experation dates....and at work....they belong to the F.D......the ones in my personal bags are mine and I buy them.....

If I ran into a couple of o.d.'s or more....in a single off duty crisis.......well.......Every agency and school should have them handy

EMT/ERTeam
1st Responder

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So government should give away free livers to alcoholics?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If someone makes poor choices and spends all of their money, the taxpayer should just give them more money.

If someone makes poor choices and burns their house to the ground, the taxpayer should just give them a new house.

“We live in a society”.

Deliberately injecting herion to the point of overdose should not be ‘covered’ by the taxpayer.

But, since it IS (for obvious reasons - dems need voters) then ALL drugs for ALL (actual) illness should be covered by the taxpayer.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Not everyone is well adjusted in this very sick society we live in, a little compassion is essential.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes. Bigot.

At your expense too. Hell, you’re a well adjusted person so we’ll just take your one.

wE lIVe iN a sOcIeTY
edit on 15 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hey JAGStrom, how about this -- Dont get DIABEETUS!? Just kidding... that was my impression of Democrats doing an impression of Republicans speaking on the topic of diabetes. Seriously tho, if we socialized diabetes, then we could affordably socialize Humalog, right?

Okay this time i am really being serious: why are we not attacking the problem of why it costs so much in the first place before we start handing it out for free?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No, my good friend. We saves lives 1st....no judgements....just save them and give everyone a 2nd Chance.
Peace

M.S./Life Support

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No, my good friend. We saves lives 1st....no judgements....just save them and give everyone a 2nd Chance.
Peace

M.S./Life Support

And diabetics get their insulin free and for the third and fourth and fifth and sixth time, you save their lives from OD's?
edit on 15-12-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Glad you brought up EPI pens, that is probably are more suitable comparison!

www.healthline.com...

“We don’t do the shots for bee stings. We don’t inject diabetic people with insulin. When does it stop?” Jones told The Washington Post. “I’m not the one that decides if people live or die. They decide that when they stick that needle in their arm.” In another part of Ohio, an elected official has proposed that the city stop sending emergency responders to situations where a person is experiencing their third overdose.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Peace

M.S./Life Support

And diabetics get their insulin free and for the third and fourth and fifth and sixth time, you save their lives from OD's?

This is what im saying. I would expect free insulin has a much larger overall cost than narcan cuz addicts are a short term chronic issue -- they will probably only need 5 or 6 narcan before their luck runs out. Diabetes would be a very long term ongoing expense. Better fix the cost before handing it out.
edit on 15-12-2018 by drewlander because: I said so.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Not everyone is well adjusted in this very sick society we live in, a little compassion is essential.

I think my post is all about compassion, I'm asking what about all those other people...? The whole reason I brought up this post is that I was in the store and witnessed a lady faint right in the aisle. I don't really know what happened to her. And I'm just assuming here, but I really wonder if she was having a diabetic episode. I've heard a lot about people lately skipping insulin, or trying to stretch it out since they just can't afford it. Then I see this article about a state just giving free overdose drugs out like candy. I'm in now way saying OD people don't deserve to be rescued, but what about everyone else with very similar life threatening problems.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think my post is all about compassion, I'm asking what about all those other people...? The whole reason I brought up this post is that I was in the store and witnessed a lady faint right in the aisle. I don't really know what happened to her. And I'm just assuming here, but I really wonder if she was having a diabetic episode. I've heard a lot about people lately skipping insulin, or trying to stretch it out since they just can't afford it. Then I see this article about a state just giving free overdose drugs out like candy. I'm in now way saying OD people don't deserve to be rescued, but what about everyone else with very similar life threatening problems.

Because this makes some slick politician look like hes a champion for the people when he's actually only standing up for a minority of all people at a minimal expense. They arent giving the narcan away to help people. They would administer it in an emergency response anyway. They do it because it makes them look good in the media. You already knew the answer tho.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Heroin is a MASSIVE problem in this state. Where I live people die everyday.

Sometimes 10-15 a day on holiday weekends just in my little town a lone

Practically all of the bars have shutdown do to stabbings and shooting and there is real poverty here

edit on 15-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Peace

M.S./Life Support

We take it in a different attitude, way of thinking...we're gonna save you 2,4,10 times...don't matter. What does is we can pass on another life saved...for one more opportunity to change their lives...

That's all...giving o.d.'s another day.....from there? Hopefully God...and to a small degree...us....can give them a chance. And then? We move on to the next...and for them? Hope for the best....

Thank you DBC!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Heroin is a MASSIVE problem in this state. Where I live people die everyday.

Sometimes 10-15 a day on holiday weekends just in my little town a lone

Practically all of the bars have shutdown do to stabbings and shooting and there is real poverty here

Man, that is really sad. It is starting to really spread here too. I'm in the country and typically a place you wouldn't normally see these kinds of issues, but is here too. I heard from a teacher that students were using the Choices program (vouchers) to move from the city into the country schools to set up their drug businesses. It's everywhere.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: watchitburn

Glad you brought up EPI pens, that is probably are more suitable comparison!

www.healthline.com...

“We don’t do the shots for bee stings. We don’t inject diabetic people with insulin. When does it stop?” Jones told The Washington Post. “I’m not the one that decides if people live or die. They decide that when they stick that needle in their arm.” In another part of Ohio, an elected official has proposed that the city stop sending emergency responders to situations where a person is experiencing their third overdose.

Well..I dont know about denying anyone life saving....but Yep...I carry 2 adult and 2 pediatric epi's...a couple more in summer w bees around more....

Lots of repeat drunk drivers out there. Take away cars? I guess it's been too long and many for me....I do what I can...don't ask your life story...and move on...

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join