It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SPLC scam

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Great video about the hate group called "Southern Poverty Law Center." This group of horses #'s were created as an insult/affront to Southerners (by using the word "Southern Poverty" as part of their title, which is clearly illustrated by their unnecessary naming conventions. For example, if I were to start a group titled "Fat snaggle-tooth Heidi Beirich Law Center," my intent would be very clear

Regardless, this hate group has sponged off Federal money for years, mostly ignoring true "hate groups" (even a broken clock is right twice a day) and instead using the platform/public money to target conservatives, lawful Constitutional militias, anti-feminists, anti-immigration activists and nationalists with their malicious lies, slurs and other vile propaganda. They are largely responsible for bastardizing the patriotic term "white nationalist" and ineffectually & falsely equating it with "white supremacy" (two distinct and unrelated concepts)

Couldn't agree with the video more. However, in my opinion, public money funding these scam artists seemingly creates a Constitutional crisis where Citizens are deprived of their right to due process.

The Southern Poverty Law Center lists Ayaan Hirsi Ali — who grew up Muslim in Somalia and suffered female genital mutilation — as an "anti-Muslim extremist." Just because she now speaks out against radical Islam.

They also list the conservative Family Research Council as a "hate group."

That listing led a man to go to the Council's office to try to gun down their workers. The shooter later told law enforcement that he picked the group because he saw they were on the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate map and he wanted to fight bigots.

When will the SPLC hate group fess up to its scam? When will they stop wrongly targeting Conservative activists? They are putting these Americans at risk, without any trial or even accusation of a crime (lest we forget, "hate" is not a crime nor is disregarding liberal PC bull#) in the cross-hairs of left wing nut jobs and other LWNJ affiliated whackos.

edit on 12/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The SPLC are the new American Gestapo.

They are, what they accuse others of being.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They even seemingly have their brown shirts DBC, look at the patriotic Family Research Council that advocates pro-Christian values like "Faith, Family and Freedom" they were attacked by a LWNJ when the SPLC falsely listed them on their "hate watch" nonsense

Of course the SPLC and their LWNJ sycophants would oppose a group that promotes decent values. They stand against everything true, good and decent.

"Faith, Family and Freedom" really sums up the things that matter in life

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They are anti-freedom, anti-Constitutional.

I would hazard to guess that they're probably Marxist at heart, but lean towards authoritarian fascism as one of their core beliefs.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Looks like we aren't the only people thinking this

The FBI and US Army has given them the boot, not longer partnering with them as part of their law enforcement efforts

From the Center for Family & Human Rights:

This is false.

C-Fam’s core mission is truth telling, and we believe that the truth about SPLC should be known so that people of good faith can make up their own mind about SPLC scare tactics and put an end to them.

The good news is that many are waking up to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The FBI used to partner with them in identifying hate groups. They no longer do. The Army used to have them lecture on domestic terrorism. The Army has ended that relationship.

Below you will find a powerful video exposing the Southern Poverty Law Center and their stated goal of destroying their political opponents. You will also find many essays and articles about this nefarious group, including articles from left-wing groups who are also concerned about the tactics of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Here is the introduction from the same article on C-FAM website:

The Southern Poverty Law Center has created a list of its adversaries which it calls “hate groups.” This list includes champions of marriage and the family, including our name and those of some of our UN pro-life and pro-family coalition members.

Unfortunately, this false moniker has been wielded by those who oppose the natural family and marriage to scare government officials away from working with us and deter those who would support our work from funding us and others.

The real purpose of this list is to silence opponents, to isolate them. It is a kind of weaponized political correctness. It is also about raising money for the Southern Poverty Law Center, which has more than $300 million dollars in the bank and rakes in more than $50 million every year.

The SPLC and its allies are getting away with this scare tactic in part because they hide behind the perception that they are a human rights organization that champions fairness and American values.

source for above: c-fam.org...

Like most far left groups, they hide behind coward concepts like "identity" and dime store "bulk victimhood." They levy false accusations against their adversaries, and will stoop to any low to accomplish its shameful objectives. No lie is too much, no abuse too far, no misjustice too severe... all they care about is their delusional basket-case fantasy/mythical "Fair & Equal World" delusions.

Here is a prime example of their fake bulk-victimhood nonsense:

"A white guy was wronged at some point in history. I am a white guy. Therefore I was also wronged."
^Says the same people who actually believe they're owed something merely for existing

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fascists protect fascists.

I imagine this thread is going to be inundated with those fascists who support the agenda of this hate group.

It’s perfectly acceptable to half of the country to falsely accuse and falsely label innocent people and groups in order to further the agenda of racism, fascism and hate.

Without even viewing the video, those people who “claim” to be defenders of all that is righteous will totally ignore the hate and fascism of this organisation and instead go straight to attacking those groups, like the Family Research Centre, who the SPLC condemns.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Fascists protect fascists.

Sums it up nicely

And as DBCowboy said:

They are anti-freedom, anti-Constitutional.

I would hazard to guess that they're probably Marxist at heart, but lean towards authoritarian fascism as one of their core beliefs.

They certainly have the subversive tactics and propaganda part down pat

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"The Council's [Family Research Council] offices were attacked by a guy with a gun. I mean, they don't deserve this."

Isn't this EXACTLY what leftists ALLEGE happened with so-called "Pizza gate" AKA John Podesta's suspiciously-coded-using-FBI-listed-codewords leaked emails?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

They are the ADL in a disguise.

Period.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They are such a scam its amazing.

The SPLC holds $328 million in net assets and raised more than $50 million in contributions in 2015 despite spending just $61,000 on legal services.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Probably where the Clinton's got their idea of how to run a 501(c)(3) came from.

Tax experts expressed confusion when being told of the transfer. "I've never known a US-based nonprofit dealing in human rights or social services to have any foreign bank accounts," said Amy Sterling Casil, CEO of Pacific Human Capital, a California-based nonprofit consulting firm. "My impression based on prior interactions is that they have a small, modestly paid staff, and were regarded by most in the industry as frugal and reliable. I am stunned to learn of transfers of millions to offshore bank accounts. It is a huge red flag and would have been completely unacceptable to any wealthy, responsible, experienced board member who was committed to a charitable mission who I ever worked with." "It is unethical for any US-based charity to invest large sums of money overseas," said Casil. "I know of no legitimate reason for any US-based nonprofit to put money in overseas, unregulated bank accounts." "It seems extremely unusual for a ‘501(c)(3)' concentrating upon reducing poverty in the American South to have multiple bank accounts in tax haven nations," Charles Ortel, a former Wall Street analyst and financial advisor who helped uncover a 2009 financial scandal at General Electric, told the Free Beacon.

freebeacon.com...
edit on 15-12-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Maybe mueller should investigate them.

join