It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else have diverse musical tastes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
Why ya gotta be such a downer?

Went on a hiatus from partaking of the ol' "devil's lettuce", still trying to get my bearings.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Baby Metal….that all I got to say.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Baby Metal….that all I got to say.

I love Jpop!! Especially these gals.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My musical tastes literally go from A-Z.My iPod starts with ABBA and ends with ZZTop.Go figure.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I love all kinds. I have always.

Try some...

Neil Young
Van Halen
Led Zepplin
Lynard Skynard
Enya
Sting
Pink Floyd
Keb Mo
Subdudes
Greta Van Fleet
Metalica

The list goes on...

Just blues, some heavy metal , some jazz some cajun, some old , some new. What suits my mood.

Best radio station ever, it's public and commercial free.

wfpk.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No. For personal, critical listening, I only like VERY few bands. Most everything else sounds like a rusty garbage can to me.

On the other hand, music in a social setting is enjoyable in a wide variety, especially if it makes the most people happy.

Quite a disparity between the two arenas.

At one point, I worked in a few night clubs with house DJs, I had good friends who were hip hop celebrities and spent a lot of time in the studio, I had "fun" friends who threw raves, when they were cool....I love D&B ad can listen to in all day. None of those venues appealed to me like my own bands who could lift me up and energize my "self" quite the same way.

I always caution that every good genre of music has a scene that supports it. Living outside of that specific "scene" alienates a person....like the white rap fan, or young people into nostalgic rock for irony or whatever. Unless YOU went to Woodstock, or Deep Ellum, or rode in a limo with Jay-Z or went to Beastie Boys shows, or DJ VIP style with Daft Punk...it's just not the same. Also modern tv pop crapmusic offers 0% of the values I just mentioned.

Talk about...crapmusic.

<< 1   >>

join