It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else have diverse musical tastes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
Why ya gotta be such a downer?

Went on a hiatus from partaking of the ol' "devil's lettuce", still trying to get my bearings.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Baby Metal….that all I got to say.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Baby Metal….that all I got to say.

I love Jpop!! Especially these gals.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My musical tastes literally go from A-Z.My iPod starts with ABBA and ends with ZZTop.Go figure.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I love all kinds. I have always.

Try some...

Neil Young
Van Halen
Led Zepplin
Lynard Skynard
Enya
Sting
Pink Floyd
Keb Mo
Subdudes
Greta Van Fleet
Metalica

The list goes on...

Just blues, some heavy metal , some jazz some cajun, some old , some new. What suits my mood.

Best radio station ever, it's public and commercial free.

wfpk.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No. For personal, critical listening, I only like VERY few bands. Most everything else sounds like a rusty garbage can to me.

On the other hand, music in a social setting is enjoyable in a wide variety, especially if it makes the most people happy.

Quite a disparity between the two arenas.

At one point, I worked in a few night clubs with house DJs, I had good friends who were hip hop celebrities and spent a lot of time in the studio, I had "fun" friends who threw raves, when they were cool....I love D&B ad can listen to in all day. None of those venues appealed to me like my own bands who could lift me up and energize my "self" quite the same way.

I always caution that every good genre of music has a scene that supports it. Living outside of that specific "scene" alienates a person....like the white rap fan, or young people into nostalgic rock for irony or whatever. Unless YOU went to Woodstock, or Deep Ellum, or rode in a limo with Jay-Z or went to Beastie Boys shows, or DJ VIP style with Daft Punk...it's just not the same. Also modern tv pop crapmusic offers 0% of the values I just mentioned.

Talk about...crapmusic.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

So, no recommendations? What are those few bands you enjoy?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have a pretty eclectic taste. I have musical moods, like anyone. But, generally, I can just hit shuffle on my Liked Songs list on YouTube Music and hear genres that have no business being played after one another. Everything from Gospel to Satanic Metal and everything in between the two.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not a big fan of trance but sometimes it's just what the DR. ordered....and the occasional festival is a great way to let your hair down.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-5-2019 by FlyingFox because: fin

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

As a kid growing up I lived for MTV back in the early 80s before it all went to hell and never watched it again. I'd make up every excuse known to man to stay home from school so I could overdose on MTV addiction.
Check this 'historical' post... www.abovetopsecret.com...

To the OP, I'm all over the musical spectrum genre from 60s thru 90s Classical Rock, some heavy metal, Blues, a sprinkle of Country, electronica (American & Foreign), trance, instrumental, Native American Indian Tribal, German/Swedish/Norwegian classic/soft rock, Celtic,

I think the only music I've never been able to resonate with is...
Rap, Death/gothic metal, Jazz, hip hop pop crap we've had in the past 20 years.

Day to day I listen to whatever suits my current mood (color) from my assorted flashy colored USB thumb drives.
edit on 10-5-2019 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I'm very musical and have a very diverse taste of music.
From Francisco Tarrego to Slayer to John Lee Hooker.

I really hate when people ask what kind of music I play or like.
Do Chinese people call it Chinese food,or do they just call it food??
Its ALL just music.

The only music I don't give the time of day to, is anything with electronic drums....no hip hop,rap,house and all those others where they don't or can't play musical instruments.

Beastie Boys get a free pass.

Owwwwwwww :/

Me sad and ugly

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

That comes across as an emotionally crippled high school kid crying about their "love" life to me, or something a broken down stripper would dance to??

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That comes across as an emotionally crippled high school kid crying about their "love" life to me, or something a broken down stripper would dance to??

Well Billie is 17 so yes to #1? LMFAO!

But even 17 year old emotionally crippled high school girls can make some music and other stuff lol, and it isn't "hip hop,rap,house and all those others where they don't or can't play musical instruments. "

I mean i know she won't be popular with most of you guys but you can't say she's not trying to do something different. Even if you think it's not, it is different from the other stuff we see today and that's how you keep things alive, specially with music, she could have gone easily with the same boring stuff but at least she's trying

I bet some old dudes laughed and talked bad about Led Zeppelin and their songs when they were just new into the scene. If you look at things from your point of view you're going to say "are you comparing Billie to Led Zeppelin? LOL girl you are ignorant, there's no comparison!"

And that's the same line of thought our grand parents probably had about that band or The Doors or the Rolling Stones, but it clicked with younger generations back then and now the cycle repeats again

Remember even Mozart was considered a bad musician and composer.

edit on 12-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Just wondering what do you think about these guys.. cool or no? i think they are awesome

The song meaning is childish as well lol. Art, as it is, has no concept of mediocrity, just ask Mozart, or people like Diego Rivera LMAO

edit on 12-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I think I'd rather listen to some kid playing a junk 6string, singing original lyrics from his heart than

a LP owner shreading from the lessons he bought at Guitar center.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think I'd rather listen to some kid playing a junk 6string, singing original lyrics from his heart than

a LP owner shreading from the lessons he bought at Guitar center.

LOL exactly, how do someone even turns into a good musician if they are not allowed to be a bad one as a kid, so they can train themselves and earn it though experience? What? LMAO, are people really like this? How did we even get here then

top topics

<< 1   >>

join