It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America never existed, would the world be a better place?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

You won cause the FRENCH saved you.

The major factor in The American War Of Independence was the French Navy blockading the ports, which stopped British Supplies and troops landing.

Britain didn't see The American Colonies as important as the Indian Sub Continent. Whilst the 13 colonies where fighting for independence, Britain sent twice as many troops to India to fight in the Anglo-Maratha War 1775-1782.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pleasedontwastemytoe

I thought a lot what would the world be without the strongest immigrant nation of America built up to start all anew. And I reached the conclusion, in the absence of USA another immigrant nation would have taken that place. Maybe Argentina or Brazil. Because the world needs a nation that shows a new start is possible. And I hope USA keeps that place...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You are now assuming that the country was run as the founding fathers intended. To be realistic the Rothschild influence on our country and the world changed the face of everything. I really have to believe our Constitution itself was a shining beacon of hope to all the world. European agents have screwed up this country. Again think of the Rothschild's, Operation Paperclip, and other influences that altered our course in history. In its pure form yes our country was the best example of how a country should be run. Make no mistake it is exactly why forces are trying to take out it out today.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You hate America...we get it.

We're not going anywhere.
Get over it.

Its more jealousy. And Add some hate with that and it's a bad combo.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: BoneSay

Seriously, no point in what you say, every single country in the world has done as much evil as possible when they could, to whoever they could, people are evil, get on with the program, you complain much about that one single country, why not other countries as well?

There are too terrible things going on in other places too, even more absurd.. Like people eating human fetuses in China and other places, are you not worried about that instead of the past? The people who did the things you said are mostly dead, to be fair then you would have to wait another 60+ years to see how the current people does, and then also blame them for the mistakes of their past

Don't know where you are from but would be nice to know, so we can also see if your country is free of all evils

So chinese people eat human fetishes? And what BS article did you read that from?

As for the thread, why do so many people put everyone together? Because I hate the American government, does not mean I hate american people. How could I hate people I do not know?

But as much as I hate the American government, I pretty hate all governments. They controll us, brainwash us, condition us. They know the people will follow them into every single war they rage because they have instilled this deep patrioism that people feel for there country, which means most people have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Are we slaves? Yes, we are slaves fooled into believing we are free. It is amazing and scary that such a small percentage of the population (leaders/governments) can controll so many, but it's an art that has been perfected over thousands of years.

We are all asleep!

First i never said "every single Chinese eats babies" i just said it is something that happens around those places

www.washingtontimes.com...

Everything after that is on your own mind

I already said what i had to say so well

No, you used BS media to prove a point. It's a myth, an urban legend basically started by an artist named Zhu Yu. Photos started to circulate a few decades ago showing him with baby fetuses (Not real)

They were exhibited at an underground art show after being rejected as "too controversial" by the curators of the 2000 Shanghai Biennale.

So yes, it's BS. Look it up, not hard to find the truth!

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Get over it.

Why would anyone be jealous of a country that unless you have money your don't get healthcare.

No thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Get over it.

Jealousy? Jealous of what?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Good original question. Supposing, the American Revolution failed. Well for first, all the "founders" involved would have suffered a painful death but, no one would remember them. Victors always write the history. Afterwards the Colonies would probably reconcile with England as eventually, England would be financially strapped by it's wars with France and would need the American Colonists to secure England's holdings in the Western Hemisphere. Keep in mind, England was well into Capitalism by the 1800s. With the colonies secured, England would have redirected it's resources and steamrolled France and perhaps most of Europe. It was ripe for the picking. Instead, division created a perfect vacuum for Napoleon to rise up and that is what really screwed the status quo that had been virtually somewhat stable in Europe in the 18th Century. In the long run, revolutions change little. Within 2 decades the U. S. Government had already veered away from it's founding principles in favor of the individual wealth. Democracy always fails. Unless we accomplish what Marxists termed as "the New Man", these Democracies that grew out of the American Revolution will all break up or be plowed under in time. For any democracy to work, the people must have pure hearts and intentions. Not much of that going on. We can mourn the U.S. or move on because the rest of the world is not mourning the demise of the United States.

What really messed up our world took place in 312 CE. Two men, Constantine Emperor and his adviser Eusebius created the state religion known as Catholic faith. Rome died and the early Christianity grew and morphed into some really bad #.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Get over it.

Our hair. And we're taller and have cooler jackets.

Face it, chicks dig us.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

and have cooler jackets.

Straitjackets are quite popular in The U.S. i hear.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: DBCowboy

and have cooler jackets.

Straitjackets are quite popular in The U.S. i hear.

The babes dig a long sleeve.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

NO AMERICANS PLEASE, I'm sick and tired of you.

[snipped]

Secondly, your statement is called "goal tending" and is prohibited by the T&C's.

Thirdly, how's your German and Russian language coming along?

Forth, the British DIDN'T win, nor have they EVER won a major conflict on their own. They got their asses handed to them in the Falklands for Christ's sakes!!! A bunch of backward farmers whooped their backsides, with antiquated guns and military hardware.

[snipped]

edit on Sat Dec 15 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

Is there any logic in your post whatsoever? You know that Britain kept the Falklands after Argentina attempted to invade and take control didn't you?

If you are so insistent on coming up with your ridiculous rhetoric, has America actually won any conflict when it was to all intents and purposes the sole aggressor? How do you compare the Falklands to Vietnam? Have you heard about Wellington and Nelson? No, you're one of those people who know sweet fanny adams about anything outside your closeted little life I guess.

Personally I don't go in for such pissing competitions because ultimately they prove nothing - perhaps you should start thinking the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Well, we do a lot of stupid sh!t.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Honestly if America didn't exist some other country would be just like America as humans are greedy by nature. There might be a lot less guns out there and less rap music though.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Get over it.

Best food, women, music, movies, sports, Medicine, tech, wealth and overall high standard of living.

Once you go American, you cant go back. Just too cruel.

My friend has relatives on visas who visit from India . Around the dinner table he says they all like to bash America, American traditions.

He then says when their visas are up they never go back. He questions this , and they have nothing to say.
He says deep down they know there is not even a comparison to American way of living

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Best food, women, music, movies, sports, Medicine, tech, wealth and overall high standard of living

Best Food. France and Italy would come out higher

Women. Again see France and Italy and Scandinavian countries.

Music. Britain could say the same.

Movies. 95% of them are rubbish.

Sports. America doesn't have a sport the rest of the world want to play. Off all the major sports played through out the world, nearly all of they where invented in Britain.

Medicine. Same could be said for most of Europe and other regions of the world.

Tech. America has some great tech. So do other countries.

Standard of living. America doesn't even make the top 10.

www.worldblaze.in...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Get over it.

Best food, women, music, movies, sports, Medicine, tech, wealth and overall high standard of living.

Once you go American, you cant go back. Just too cruel.

My friend has relatives on visas who visit from India . Around the dinner table he says they all like to bash America, American traditions.

He then says when their visas are up they never go back. He questions this , and they have nothing to say.
He says deep down they know there is not even a comparison to American way of living

I am betting you have never left America lol How can you say America has the best Best food, women, music, movies, sports etc, when that comes down to individual taste. And how can you say this when you most prob have not visited anywhere else.

This is the annoying thing about people like you

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Britain would have fell to Germany via WW1 + WW2. Russia would have fallen to Germany via WW2. Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, etc would have fallen to Germany permanently pending Russian and Briton failing via WW2.

America although with a delayed involvement in both conflicts saved you European #s in both world wars. Every European should be kneeling at the grave of every American servicemen and thanking them for your freedom of dumbassery afforded to them today.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The quality of European graveyards for American soldiers seems to indicate that sentiment.
edit on 12/16/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is like a car crash.

Most people fail to consider that a change like GB winning the American Revolutionary war could mean other nations would also look very different, or even fail to exist. A rapid/decisive victory very early on could mean that the French Revolution never happened - the French crown could have remained stronger without bankrupting itself helping the 13 colonies. This in turn means no Emperor Napoleon and all the ramifications that has for Europe and European colonies. Germany may never have unified and so on. A very different world.

The book "The Two Georgie's" published in 1995 tries to paint a picture of this world - competition between the British and Russian Empires is the main theme and Steam powered cars, air-ships and biplanes are the main modes of transport. The Crimean war, American Civil war, WW1 and WW2 and all the technological changes they drove had never happened. 1995 looked more like 1913.

en.wikipedia.org...

The author wrote some other alternate and sci-fi type books as well. I never rated them all that highly but enjoyed reading them all the same - good books to take on holiday. He did some where the South won the civil war, at the end the union heads north and invades Canada. In the follow ups set in WW1 the CSA is allied with France and GB, and the USA and occupied Canada with Imperial Germany. Germany and the USA win WW1 and impose a Versailles style treaty on the CSA and GB. I think he was teeing up for the rise of a Nationalist/Fascist party in the CSA and WW2 but I didn't carry on. he also had a series where aliens plan to invade Earth and their latest intelligence was from a probe that landed in Europe in the 12th Century, when they arrive WW2 is in full swing and they get a nasty shock :-)

edit on 16-12-2018 by BigLes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join