It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Wekler/Hagar The Horrible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What joy!

Sorry, as a "Yank," I love old American cartoons. And Frank Welker has done just about everything one man can do, and still does! Which led me to this:

Which reminds me that nothing has changed for humans except technology!

And I yes, I know that Welker didn't do Hagar's voice, he did Snert's and the Principal's! =)

edit on 14-12-2018 by DeReK DaRkLy because: Graded A-

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I love Frank Welker. He is, and always will be, the only mighty Lord Megatron.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

One of the sunday "funny pages" comics i used to actually genuinely enjoy reading as a kid. Although, I always faithfully read every single one.

I finally reached an age, around 17 maybe, where I asked myself "why am I doing this to myself? Almost none of these are ever actually funny..." The tiny morsel of humor that might be present was not worth the whole experience.

So I just stopped reading the funnies. I guess that was the day my childhood died.

Something in me died, because I didn't even have the wonder or hope that there might be something worthwhile in there. I just turned my back on them completely.

Oh sure, I've taken a quick glance from time to time. I even read them front to back once or twice. I noticed the updated themes in some that include modern technology and social media seems to be a favorite theme, for the comics that are actually making new episodes. Peanuts, for instance, can only ever be reruns because the creator died. And I'm pretty sure he stopped penning them before he passed away.

I HAVE found a few internet comic strips that are worthwhile though. And of course, Hagar will always be a favorite of mine.

The video was terrific. Never seen a Hagar cartoon. I notice Hannah Barbera were involved. Thanks for the trip down Nostalgia Boulevard. Its like Memory Lane, but with a lot more neon lights and noise, and crime. But theres a Starbucks and McDonalds on every corner so its like super convenient.

join