It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Thrown Out by Judge (Unconstitutional), Raising Insurance Uncertainty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
everyone who was mandated to buy it should get a refund

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I challenge you to point me one statement, from anywhere on ATS (or otherwise) any time in my life where I ever said that medical assistance should be withheld. This time I'm not going to wait, because I never said that.

LOL

What I said, am saying now, and will continue to say, is that no one has a right to health care and certainly not a right to insurance.

health care.
1) the field concerned with the maintenance or restoration of the health of the body or mind.
2) any of the procedures or methods employed in this field.
www.dictionary.com...

When you say "no one has a right to health care", that's the same as saying health care/medical assistance can be withheld from people who don't have the right to it. Like some poor person with the flu.

Insurance and health care are not one in the same. And, insurance doesn't guarantee anyone health care.

Those are pretty bells and whistles that you demand.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth.....that is unless you think flu treatments are bells and whistles. And, since pain management, beyond over the counter, can only be legally dispensed through a doctor's prescription, denying pain management or pain control coverage AT ALL, is a path to disaster.

What do you propose a doctor say, we can do surgery, but if you want pain control before, during or after, that's not included. Because pain relief is a luxury before during and after surgery, or for a broken leg, bone spurs, migrain headaches or whatever.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

When you say "no one has a right to health care", that's the same as saying health care/medical assistance can be withheld from people who don't have the right to it. Like some poor person with the flu.

Saying that someone has the right to healthcare is the same as saying that all doctors must be slaves to anyone who requests their services. One does not pay for a right, and no right can infringe on the rights of others. You just described a privilege.

Insurance and health care are not one in the same. And, insurance doesn't guarantee anyone health care.

Wow, what an epiphany!

I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FROM DAY ONE!

Obamacare gave insurance and made healthcare harder to get.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth.....that is unless you think flu treatments are bells and whistles.

They are.

And, since pain management, beyond over the counter, can only be legally dispensed through a doctor's prescription, denying pain management or pain control coverage AT ALL, is a path to disaster.

I said it wouldn't be covered as catastrophic unless part of a covered procedure. I don't care what you do with your money.

What do you propose a doctor say, we can do surgery, but if you want pain control before, during or after, that's not included. Because pain relief is a luxury before during and after surgery, or for a broken leg, bone spurs, migrain headaches or whatever.

You know what? Forget it. You either can't read or you're playing dumb and dammit, I am in no mood for it. So just forget it. Obamacare is gone, and I say no more government coverage for anyone. I'm done. You guys with your Obamacare screwed it up and now you refuse to try to fix it. We can get rid of Medicaid while we're at it, for all I care.

Pay your way or use a cemetery.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Amen. +1,000 stars.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: LordAhriman
YES! What a win. We don't need the poor, or the sick! Definitely not the poor people who are sick!

So there were no poor or sick people in the USA after o-care was reconciled? Amazing!

They're still here, they can just live longer if they get sick. For now.

I'll have to look for it, but there was a study which showed sick people did worse under Medicare/Medicaid/gov't 'care' than without it.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Pay your way or use a cemetery.

There it is again, you saying that " medical assistance should be withheld" from the undeserving, those who can't pay.

Saying that someone has the right to healthcare is the same as saying that all doctors must be slaves to anyone who requests their services.

No it isn't. Children have the right to an education. It isn't free and teachers don't work as slaves, for free.

I said it wouldn't be covered as catastrophic unless part of a covered procedure.

You didn't explicitly state that, and you eliminated a lot of serious stuff from your list of what's covered. But, that is what I said you said, that pain control would be considered a luxury and be only available to those who could afford it. but I disagree with you on that. People go to the doctor because they're in pain. People will seek out pain management on the streets if they can't get legally from their doctor.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rights are not something that is contingent on others to provide.

Demanding services and calling it a "right" at the expense of others is an entitlement.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, EMTs should decline to come to some people's assistance, like in poor neighborhoods?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, EMTs should decline to come to some people's assistance, like in poor neighborhoods?

Idiotic statement.

EMT's get paid to provide a service.

Next?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

actually, as far as I am concerned, as long as tax money paid by people who being refused this "right" to provide that "right to another group of people, or to research and development of our "best in the world" healthcare system, we ALL have that right, it's just being denied to some!!!

ya know what I don't see on your list of preferred coverage, the broken ankle that I went nuts trying to convince a surgeon to fix without the insane down payment we didn't have for a week!!! or the physical therapy, follow up visits that I didn't bother with because I saw the bill for that surgury!!! maybe if I have gotten the follow up and therapy I would still be working and not on early retirement???
oh well, weather we chose to pay now, or later, we will pay I guess, only if it's later it's usually much more.
can't wait till the next massive deadly epidemic comes through, I bet no one will be complaining about the gov't helping to get the sick off the streets, out of the workforce, and into a quarantined hospital setting then!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Paid by whom? Tax payers, mostly, that's who.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you claiming EMTs do not get paid? Are you saying people should be forced to work as an EMT, nurse, or Dr without pay? Can I go to the hospital and say I need vaccinations and since it's a right I am not paying, and they have no choice but to do it for me and everyone else?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The headline should read. Republicans rejoice as millions lose healthcare coverage.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Why because you enjoy the propagation of fake news?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oh the actual emts, doctors, nurses, ect, usually get their paycheck, regardless if the customer pays or not. the problem is that if the person is poor and uncovered, they often don't pay, which leaves clinics, hospitals, emergency services, ect, at risk of running in a deficit and going under. so the healthcare groups merge with each other and get bigger and bigger while the actual care providers lose more and more of their ability to treat you they way they feel is best for you!!!

edit on 15-12-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I am very happy about this. Maybe I won't have to be broke because of healthcare after all.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You can disagree/argue all you want. Read my lips: I'm done arguing about it with someone who cheered the destruction of healthcare in America and now wants to do it again.

No more socialized medicine. I said I was not going to go along with it if one detail was off, and I meant it.

Thank you for ending my part in that discussion so quickly and efficiently.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sorry, you are wrong. Many Doctors stopped taking medicare because they were not getting paid and as such were not getting paid. Doctors at my hospital lost about 30% of their paycheck after the ACA due to nonpayments. Now since all healthcare is a right, you can not ask for a payment before delivering any healthcare (in your world). So everyone gets healthcare and refuses to pay, you think they can't say no and have to work for free? Savage. Now if you think it's fine to demand money for a right, can we demand money from people before they can vote?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Paid by whom? Tax payers, mostly, that's who.

Wrong again.

Many (most) are for-profit businesses.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah. The "left", and a lot of people who may lose their medical insurance because of pre-existing conditions and stuff.

I guess.

So let's write a bill expanding Medicaid for those 3 or 5 million people. And get government out of my healthcare.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join