It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Thrown Out by Judge (Unconstitutional), Raising Insurance Uncertainty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: carewemust
When a Federal Judge declares any of Trump Admin actions (DACA, Immigration, Terrorist related) as "unconstitutional", the activity/action must stop IMMEDIATELY.

How will today's ruling by the Federal Judge immediately affect this Obama Admin program?

Just curious but why do you feel that way?
Is it because it is a federal judge ruling or just your partisan belief system?
Either answer is fine but be honest.

I haven't seen Federal Judges strike down programs prior to 2017. So I have no experience to draw upon. I'm sure they have, but I just don't remember any Obama actions as being deemed unconstitutional.

If you can refer me to one, I'd like to look it up and see if that action/program was immediately ceased/terminated.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: LordAhriman
YES! What a win. We don't need the poor, or the sick! Definitely not the poor people who are sick!

So there were no poor or sick people in the USA after o-care was reconciled? Amazing!

They're still here, they can just live longer if they get sick. For now.

A lot of poor people are that way, because Obama encouraged that condition.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

When a Federal Judge declares any of Trump Admin actions (DACA, Immigration, Terrorist related) as "unconstitutional", the activity/action must stop IMMEDIATELY.

How will today's ruling by the Federal Judge immediately affect this Obama Admin program?

Just curious but why do you feel that way?
Is it because it is a federal judge ruling or just your partisan belief system?
Either answer is fine but be honest.

I haven't seen Federal Judges strike down programs prior to 2017. So I have no experience to draw upon. I'm sure they have, but I just don't remember any Obama actions as being deemed unconstitutional.

If you can refer me to one, I'd like to look it up and see if that action/program was immediately ceased/terminated.

Honestly I can’t as I’m in the same boat. And with my admission of guilt I shouldn’t have even asked that.
Sorry
Looks like we both have some homework to do!
BTW thank you for the honest reply.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wasn't Texas supposed to secede from the Union. What's taking so long!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

President Trump and the Republicans own this and the rising rates as well as the millions of people that will lose their health coverage.

Nope. What kept the cost down was the money Obama funneled illegally from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to provide a subsidy for insurance carriers to dip their toes in the exchanges. The subsidy ran out and they carriers dropped out each in sync. The rising cost of insurance is ultimately because the insurance commissioner in each state allows it.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Great news for the funeral and headstone industry!!

And for gofundme!!

Good times.

(Sarcasm in case anyone didn’t get that.)
edit on 14-12-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Phage

Without that mandate it was unconstitutional.

YTBD

No it was determined in the scotus ruling. The law was upheld because it was a tax. Absent the mandate it wouldnt hold up.

and it didnt.

It still shouldn't have held up...Congress didn't propose it as a tax...Roberts of the SC changed the wording to 'A Tax'...SCOTUS has no authority to impose taxes on the American people...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Primarily, the subsidies to help lower-middle and lower-income (single - Under $50,000) "afford" to buy ObamaCare comes from 20 wide-ranging taxes.

Source: www.atr.org...

Will those taxes now go away? Aside from the Individual Mandate tax/penalty, which ends on 12/31/2018, I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The prospect of "Medicare For All" has been given NEW LIFE, according to:
www.vox.com...

Isn't this what "The Right" has been saying about Left-leaning judges for the past 2 years?

“If you were ever tempted to think that right-wing judges weren’t activist — that they were only ‘enforcing the Constitution’ or ‘reading the statute’ — this will persuade you to knock it off,” wrote law professor Nicholas Bagley. “This is insanity in print, and it will not stand up on appeal.”

edit on 12/15/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
URGENT MESSAGE from the ObamaCare Federal Health Exchange tonight.

Don't worry - Be Happy!: content.govdelivery.com...

If "Nothing Changes", according to department which oversees and administers ObamaCare, WHY are Democrats vowing to fight today's ruling???
edit on 12/15/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Ah yes the pitiful American health industry, when all else fails blame the voters....

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
WE should get medicare for all, the basic hospital policy with limitations on procedures that are way too expensive or are unnecessary for a diagnosis. If people want more coverage, then you can buy a policy, at least an accident or cancer won't bankrupt a person. Medicines should not be covered under this other than maybe the ones you get in the hospital. That would be something else that could be covered under a private policy if a person wanted.

Fifty buck copay on doctors and no cosmetic insurance coverage at all. Just the basics.

We have to stop all the unneeded tests, the colon screening when there are no symptoms at all is a waste of money. If there are some symptoms, I see no problem, but lately the doctors are sticking unnecessary expenses up our A$$es

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We have to stop all the unneeded tests, the colon screening when there are no symptoms at all is a waste of money. If there are some symptoms, I see no problem, but lately the doctors are sticking unnecessary expenses up our A$$es

It's better for each of us if large Colon Polyps are removed before they turn cancerous. Waiting until you see blood in the toilet, or find it in a poop-sample, is too late 80% of the time. (RIP)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

It's better for each of us if large Colon Polyps are removed before they turn cancerous. Waiting until you see blood in the toilet, or find it in a poop-sample, is too late 80% of the time. (RIP)

So we should test everyone in the U. S every year just in case, or only the people that can afford it?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

Not really, though it may have cost them more to maintain it.

Net result was that far more got coverage. Right?

Ah, the master of all, knows all. Not so much here.

I can only speak for me, but as a small business owner, I lost my insurance, premiums went from under 200 to almost 500 just for me. So I went several years having to pay the unfair penalty because couldn't afford it. All due to Obamacare.

I seem to remember my story not being the only one like that.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Depending on the details, I could get behind a catastrophic "Medicare for all" policy, as long as (and this is HUGE requirement for me) no insurance companies are involved. Period. None. Nada. If one insurer gets involved, I withdraw all of my support.

Pay for it with taxes. Restrict coverage to life-saving conditions and reasonable medical screening for those life-saving conditions. No coverage at all for colds, flu, minor accidents, pain control, etc. Cover heart issues, cancer, AIDS, life-threatening infections (a'la ebola), type I diabetes, limited coverage for type II diabetes, organ failure, etc. Include an annual screening checkup at no cost, and a small copay on required medicines in support of covered procedures. If someone wants to get additional coverage, then they can... but no one should ever be forced to buy insurance!

Do that, and you cover procedures, not people. That means no huge bloated bureaucracy and costs will decline. No concern over pre-existing illnesses either... if someone needs medical assistance, they get it. Paid for. Done. Simple.

The problem is, it'll never fly. No one is willing to have the basics unless they get all those pretty bells and whistles with it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, at least you're starting to come around. That's something!

No coverage at all for colds, flu, minor accidents, pain control, etc.

I don't know what you consider a "minor" accident.....
Too many people die from the flu every year, sometimes simply because they couldn't afford the emergency flu medication, emergency room costs or co-pays.

Mother of 2 Dies of the Flu After Skipping Meds That Were Too Expensive www.insideedition.com...

Teacher Who Died From Flu Couldn't Afford $116 Med Co-Pay popculture.com...

No pain control? I'm glad you're not my doctor! You'd be sending a lot of people to the streets for relief.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Obama needed a lot of money to get all his bruthas and sistas on health care.

Step 1 was to fine every single American who didint pay for healthcare

Step 2 was increase everyone's premiums and over healthcare costs.

Its was take from the willing to pay and give to the ones who will never contribute a penny.

Only problem that liberals don't understand is that in America there are more people who will never contribute one penny towards health care or give one second of thought about their health then there are those who pay.

It's a clear way to bankrupt the American public

And thanks to illegal immigrants every tax based service is in the red. Schools, hospital's, roads, police, libraries.

They all have more people using their services then ones contributing to their maintenance.

Especially infrastructure, the infrastructure in the u.s. is ancient for being a first world country

More people use the roads , bridges and water pipes then those who pay for upgrades

Do citizens want money for non toxic water pipes or funds to combat ms13, funds to translate , funds to jail illegals.

I guess we know why the elites call the masses the general dumb public

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I challenge you to point me one statement, from anywhere on ATS (or otherwise) any time in my life where I ever said that medical assistance should be withheld. This time I'm not going to wait, because I never said that.

What I said, am saying now, and will continue to say, is that no one has a right to health care and certainly not a right to insurance.

But, hey, it's not going to happen anyway. Want to know why? Here's my last statement form the post you replied to that sums it up, I think, very succinctly:

The problem is, it'll never fly. No one is willing to have the basics unless they get all those pretty bells and whistles with it.

Those are pretty bells and whistles that you demand. You can't have them. There aren't enough to go around, and you're not above everyone else. You want treatment for the flu? Sure, if it's life-threatening. Otherwise go get some Robitussin (or whatever the poison of the month is) or pay a doctor to prescribe something for it. You want treatment because you scraped your knee? Pay for it. You want some pain meds because your head hurts? Pay for them. I have no sympathy for that kind of stuff left.

Now, you got a 104 degree fever? Fine. Paid for. Have a heart attack? Paid for. Got cancer? AIDS? Covered. Need insulin? Done, with a small copay. Pain control for a covered condition? I'm fine with that!

I'm just not fine for this massive bureaucracy that says people have to pay insurance companies to breathe. That crap is gone and it never needs to rear its ugly head again. You want that, go somewhere else and destroy their economy and take away their chances for insurance. We're done with it. I'm so done with it that I'll yank my support over one single minor detail this time, and demand we throw the whole damn thing out.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yes because the ACA kept people from being poor, sick, and definitely kept poor people from being sick.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join