It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor buys wife 200K Lamborghini

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Acura? But I wanted a Ferarri and its all about ME!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Tax the church. It's all a scam.

I agree .. all churches ( including church of satan, muslims , jews ) should be subject to taxes.
Also all the religious organizations such as different orders of nuns should have to pay taxes like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I agree .. all churches ( including church of satan, muslims , jews ) should be subject to taxes.
Also all the religious organizations such as different orders of nuns should have to pay taxes like everyone else.

There is a very good reason why churches, all religions are not taxed. Taxation is state control. If religion is to be free from state control, then it has to actually be free, not taxed or otherwise regulated.

Allow churches and other religious affiliations to be taxed, and you open the door to punitive taxation as a means of punishing "wrongthought" by the state.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hehe nice! I forgot all about that episode.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sheye

There is a very good reason why churches, all religions are not taxed. Taxation is state control. If religion is to be free from state control, then it has to actually be free, not taxed or otherwise regulated.

Allow churches and other religious affiliations to be taxed, and you open the door to punitive taxation as a means of punishing "wrongthought" by the state.

I was always for taxing religions.

Then I read this post.

A very good point.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As many will celebrate the naming Day of Jesus The Chris†™ , the absolute last guy that would want anyone to cut down a perfectly fine, LIVING tree and then decorate that tree w/blinking lights and shiny baubles and then go further in debt trying to find last minute gifts for folks who don't have the balls to tell or I should type TEXT You that they'd much prefer ¢a$h instead of a crappy sweater or some 8 track tape...

They obviously do NOT KNOW Jesus...

Jesus digs Ferraris... Keep Your trinkets

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Same here, then this comment came along.
Damn you logic, you got me again!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Lord will provide now send me some money. That sh!t doesn't fly with me.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As an unchurched Christian, I'm as suspicious as anyone of what tends to go on in too many churches these days, but I also know there quite a few that do try their best to uphold the mission they're supposed to be charged with too.

I get that people look at stuff like this and want those people to be punished, to take that money and put it government's good use, but isn't this the same impulse that leads us want to eat the rich wherever they are and whatever strata of society they inhabit?

Bad people are bad people and you will find them everywhere, including in the government. And before we all start yelling for it to punish people in this or that way, we ought to remember that.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So then you are telling me that many orders of nuns ( who all take a vow of poverty) but rake in the cash from their teaching and nursing jobs should not have to pay for road maintenance and other things that taxes pay for.

They invest a lot of money from wages that are not taxed , and make a lot of money from those investments... and that is not taxed either.

Seems rather unfair that they are not paying their share !

Your reasoning behind why churches shouldn’t pay taxes is a poor one as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's not his fault if he convinces gullible people to give money in the name Of Jesus.

It's like blaming the government for spending trillions of dollars we freely give them everyday.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
It's not his fault if he convinces gullible people to give money in the name Of Jesus.

It's like blaming the government for spending trillions of dollars we freely give them everyday.

We don’t freely give the government money, they take it from us.

Some of it is used for good purposes, and much of it is squandered.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Probably along the lines of Kobe's wife getting that huge rock just after his Sexual Escapade, I mean "alleged" sexual escapade.

"Look what I bought you Honey!, Isn't God Great?"

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What no jets?

Losers.

He likes to give stacks of money.

You haven't given stacks of money?

What you don't have phones?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Most pastors that I’ve worked with during my time in seminary all had different view points of the same scripture. There views vary by what their goals or personal politics were. But I was always under the belief that we were to care for the poor and sick help to feed the hungry and quench the thirst of the thirsty. But there are many pastors out there mostly evangelical but some others that pervert the scriptures and twist the teachings for their own greed or gain. That one of the main but many reasons I decided to leave.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That video made me really surprised that a white pastor would actually associate himself with Creflo dollar. Just goes to show that whether you are talking about Creflo, the pastor at Aretha Franlklin's funeral who groped Arianna Grande, George Bush's pastor who opposed gay legislation but did meth with gay prostitutes he hired, they're all just a bunch of pimps pushing fantasies of why you should make them rich.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
I'm surprised they let them outside the house.

I'm not against going to a Christian church when invited, but I always let people know that I don't like going. It has long since stopped surprising me when I tell someone that I don't like going to church to have them tell me their church "isn't like that" when they ask me why I don't like going to church.

I know a lot of church going people who say they are for the separation of church and state, or think that politics have no place in the church, but as soon as I go to one of their churches that say "they aren't like that" there goes the preacher saying "We need to vote more Christians into the White House." Or this country is "Gawd's Country."

There was a brief period of time when I was going to a Universalist church, and then onto a Unitarian congregation, and most people would say something along the lines of "Oh, that's great that you've found a church you like" or whatever. Although once in a while someone who actually knew their denominations and religion would go pale and say, "But you're such a good man," or spit on the ground and call me a heathen.

There's not a brick and mortar church today that I trust. Just don't, just can't. If they have enough money to be building churches they should have enough money to be doing "God's work" in the community. Instead we have pastors who care more about designer suits, book sales, jets, and fancy cars.
edit on 15-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why It Matters: Jesus commands us to “render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s” (Matt. 22:21).

That would be 20% of $85 billion last year.

You don't think religion donates money to politicians???? How is that separation?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Why It Matters: Jesus commands us to “render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s” (Matt. 22:21).

That would be 20% of $85 billion last year.

You don't think religion donates money to politicians???? How is that separation?

I was just fixin to say the exact same.

Tax the hell out of them. The disciples lived in poverty.

I wonder if they paid tithes?

Wasn't the way to God (in one book of the NT) is to give ALL of your belongings?

I trust a preacher/priest far less than I trust my X Wife and she cheated twice! lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join