It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor buys wife 200K Lamborghini

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.wyff4.com...

So it was their big 8 anniversary and Pastor John Gray wanted to do a little extra something for his wife. What better gift to show his love than a 200K Lamborghini. He saw that it make her eyes twinkle when she saw it previously.

It should not be of any surprise that this guy worked with Joel Osteen.

Sooo here's the deets... He says it did not come from church money but from his own hard earned income from selling books and doing a show with Oprah or something. I'm not sure I buy it, I'm sure there is some money being mixed in from the church. Something feels wrong about this.

I guess what bothers me is the churches talk about charity, about greed about helping the needy but it's all about do as I say not as I do.
What a scam!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well he's certainly working on the theory *Charity begins at home*

OR

His prayers have been answered?

edit on 14-12-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thou shalt not covet thy pastor's wife , her Lamborgini , or anything which belongeth unto him

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

JEEZ

What else is she supposed to drive?.....A Honda?!?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

JEEZ

Pastors allow their wives to drive?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

JEEZ

Who knew right?!?

I just learned the other day that woman can vote! (Fine example of why I’m single.)
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's a pretty cheap Lambo

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Tax the church. It's all a scam.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield
Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Thank you Lamborghini!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Then the left can't scream "separation of church and state" as they attempt to dismantle the institution...

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It’s basically the entertainment industry. I’m not sure why anyone is even surprised. Right up there with miss cleo, sylvia brown, and other psychic call in shows. People will pay big money for you to tell them what they want to hear......

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As typical of an evangelical pastor, he's feeling the guilts about something.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Then the left can't scream "separation of church and state" as they attempt to dismantle the institution...

didn't take long

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A reason why I don't like religion is because somehow they make it so that if you don't want to go to hell you must give money... When I see those people preaching on tv saying if you give 10 dollars you will get it back 100 fold or some BS I am disgusted but there are good ones too. Some preach and I listen thinking "That's a good point" I just hate how the vulnerable get taken advantage of.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

didn't take long

To point out the obvious?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Prosperity gospel.

That's all you need to know about this.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
As typical of an evangelical pastor, he's feeling the guilts about something.

Nah, if he's affiliated with Osteen, that's not evangelicalism. It's something different.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"Yee verily, as they sayeth unto him, buy thine grand chariot for thyne concubine and bling for thyne squeeze on the side."

-First Book of Rip-off-ians.

1-3

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

JEEZ

Have you tried beating with a stick no wider than your thumb? I hear that used to be allowed back when...

Jus sayin

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

We get TBN in the UK and at first I really liked it, after years of seeing TV going down hill, Sunday's given over to Sunday trading - no more walking down the high street to look into the jewelers windows' with your lady friend's on quiet Sunday's when all the shop's barring the odd corner shop used to be closed for business for the day, no more family time over the weekend, no more peaceful sunday's since the 1980's.

But after the novelty wears off you start to smell a rat and at first since they are preaching about Jesus you think well maybe it's just me and I am getting it wrong but soon you realize NO it's not me they are preaching a very twisted version of the bible, men guilty of this JHM, Osteen and indeed nearly all of those guy's on that channel are all in it for the money and for themselves, there church's are personal business from which they rake in an absolute fortune *** , Osteen is a VERY talented indeed motivational speaker whom just turned his talent to the quickest way to spin a buck and keep that money coming in indefinitely, there is an asian guy called prince something or something prince whom is another one.

It is NOT UNTAINTED Christianity these guy's are preaching, I was even that disgusted with something JHM that Hagee guy said that I emailed him asking why he was saying opposite to Christ on some matters in his ultra right wing (Economic) political brainwashing of his audience and got a short answer but no direct rebuttal of my point's and they also blocked me from being able to email them back which was strange, very strange since I had been very civil in my point and in no way insulting.

So I tend to just ignore that channel now, the closest we get and it is far too toned down is a program on the BBC on Sunday's called song's of praise but even that is not as religiously militant as it used to be.

Apparently JHM - Borrowed money from his church's fund's despite being a multi - multi millionaire already from the income he receives from his Business (his church) and used the borrowed money to pay off his EX Wife's alimony according to one site I read after doing some research following the email incident.

The best I can think is this - they are technically Judas Priests since they are chasing after money instead of the salvation they profess to offer others in our Lord's name.
Some of them JHM included DO do some good work's but before they ever get to see our lord they had better get there own personal affairs in order and according to his will.
As Jesus said Come and Follow Me and he also said this.
“Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.”
I don't see any of these pastors living in poverty, some extremely religious and pious sect's of Catholic and Orthodox monk's on the other hand DO, some actually live among the poor deliberately and work to help those poor renouncing personal wealth in favor of the kingdom of God which is not of this earth, many missionary's of the Anglican and protestant church's have done likewise over the years as well but then the lord said "My own shall come unto me".

*** the Bible does say not to muzzle the oxen which plow's the field but it also say's the rich have had there reward down here on the earth and for them not to expect a reward in heaven, paid servant's VS son's of the Kingdom.

I suppose they are kind of like L'Ron Hubbard in this respect except that they use the established religion while he created his own.
www.goodreads.com...
edit on 14-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join