It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker takes steps to uphold Wisconsin Constitutional order

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To argue republicans are not trying to fix the system to benefit their party is outrageous. They've also been busy with their National Republican Redistricting...

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court struck down the state’s congressional map, saying that it “clearly, plainly and palpably” violated the state’s Constitution. The court told state lawmakers to redraw the state’s 18 House districts, which favored Republicans. Pennsylvania Republicans asked the Supreme Court to block that ruling, but their request was rejected last month by Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr.

We now have a Texas judge who out of the blue ruled against the Affordable Care Act. A red state judge just happens to decide on ruling against a healthcare plan that allowed people with pre-existing conditions be covered under their healthcare insurance. Rather coincidental after conservatives have been trying to repeal this act that has helped 45 million people receive affordable healthcare. Conservatives were against insurance companies covering pre-existing conditions, but later changed their tune after realizing the popularity of that clause with the American people! Judges are supposed to be politically impartial, but lets be honest, their not above human personal self-interests.

This is simply sinister partisan politics trying to gain control for their own political party interests. With all the conservatives on this site attacking liberals and saying their party is stupid and the party is going to self-destruct, there are signs everyday showing conservatives are losing support. Life long members and once staunch conservatives are leaving the party. It sure seems like the Republican party is self-destructing, lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Take a look around people. This is what is going to end this country. That people are willing to do this sort of thing with impunity and others are so polarized and brainwashed that they're OK with it. The republicans are DOING what they always ACCUSE the Democrats of. It's a sad day and I feel sorry for people that think like the OP.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Probably an odd thought - Feds need to get out of interfering and meddling in States business by court bastardization of 10th amendment used by congress to interfere in just about everything.

Then the predominance of idiotic thought and action can truly be unleashed in individual states to democratic mob loving delight.

As a freedom loving constitutional originalist believing far right conservative I do believe if you want to "crap" in your own nest then by all means do so - I will not oppose you it is your right.

That said dont crap in my nest or expect me to follow your lead.

If a majority my state decide to simmerly crap in the nest then I'll move as results are predictable after OPM runneth out.

I believe that's founders intent, each state an incubator, some make severe deformities and abnormalities, others better chickens.

My tag line aptly describes democracy - read it.

edit on 15-12-2018 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So when Democrats start doing the same thing to hamstring incoming Republicans you'll be ok with it? I seriously doubt it.

Sounds like a precedent is being set here.

No, you need to understand what OP is saying. This kind of governance is only ok when Republicans do it because, in their belief, Democrats are just so bad that it must be done. Everything must be done to stop Democrats.

Murdering children, starving people and stealing every last penny from other people is ok, so long as they're Democrats. This is the current mindset of the average GOP voter; 'Democrats are so bad that everything must be done to stop them.'

The election fraud case unfolding in North Carolina? Not a peep from the GOP because the Democrat lost and that's an acceptable outcome.

Stripping thousands of eligible voters from the voter rolls? Not a peep from the GOP because it was targeted at Democratic voters.

When 60% of the voters vote for Democrats that's unacceptable to the average GOP voter. They must rule because Democrat=bad and the voters don't know what's best for themselves. The GOP must rule and must do everything in their power to continue to rule.

Trump is president because that's the direction the average GOP voter wants. Trump has already suggested a civil war break-out if he's impeached. The closer we get to 2020 I can't help but wonder when Trump suggests he won't accept the results of an election if he loses and just how many of his supporters are A-OK with that because, simply, it means a Democrat won't take the spot.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

My thoughts exactly. This would be just as wrong if a democrat did this. i give republican Ohio Governor John Kasich credit for condemning Walkers actions.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join