It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer on imigration. Proof that lefties are lunatics.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Im talking about the consistent hypocrisy of the left specifically but the deficit gets bitched about by every opponent to whomever the POTUS is - stances never flip on it. If the POTUS is R, the Ds bring it up constantly. If the POTUS is D, vice versa.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Im talking about the consistent hypocrisy of the left

I get that.

vice versa.
Indeed.

Republicans are steadfast and virtuous. Without exception
Democrats are not. Without exception.

edit on 12/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Im sensing a concession

Thought it may be worth noting, I certainly don’t consider myself a Republican in the traditional sense albeit the last 2-3 yrs have forced certain decisions or concessions of my own to be made based on the political climate of late.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm safe.
I'm a Libertarian. My party will never be in power.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Im sure youd have hundreds and hundreds of votes from ATSers in 2024 if you take the leap.

Of course you be battling Grambler (if we can convince him). I have all the faith in you beating The Comedian aka Ocasio-Cortez

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

She seems to be pretty smart, actually. Feisty. Too left for my tastes though.

So does Tulsi (smart, that is) , who happens to be my representative to the House. No Libertarian candidate and the Republican was an idiot.

edit on 12/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I respect Tulsi - very thoughtful
OC gets none. She’s a joke

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

She seems to be smart may be words never uttered before about her.

Gabbard, from what little I know about her, appears very reasonable.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

She seems to be smart may be words never uttered before about her.

I'm not known for being a follower.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where in my post, did I condone anything about a red carpet and free everything?????? The problem is that you assume everybody who is against the wall is for complete lack of border security....

Biased much?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It will only grow to requiring more money over time that could be used to upgrade and transform or immigrant system. Instead of system transformation, you guys want a giant wall, but can't explain why it will be better....

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

What should be the threshold though?

I hate to be that person, but at what point do we stop letting them in? If someone isn't wealthy enough to pay certain fees or if they do not possess certain skills, how will they support themselves in the US? If we let them in without any real ability or plan to become self-supporting citizens, we're simply loading ourselves down with more welfare cases. This wouldn't be a huge issue *if* our welfare system were actually designed to be a hand up. But it's not, it's a trap designed to keep people on it perpetually.

I agree with you on that, but there are some good hard working people there too who would benefit our country. The ones that have money, they will not work building a house or work laying asphault. But, we do need to vett these people to make sure we are not just leaving in leaches too.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The only thing we can be sure of is that anyone that thinks one side of the political isle is better than the other has been thoroughly brainwashed...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This is back in 2009. I could also show you Obama saying similar things. But, (and the results of this thread will prove this) today, since Trump is about the same things, the left is now against it. With mind boggling predictability, this kind of talk isn't heard anymore. Why would I even bring this up? I mean, it's only going to divide us more, right?

WAKE THE F UP FOLKS. YOU on the left are the dividing ones! We agreed with you back in 2009. We all wanted secure borders. Now, you all seem to want to do anything to be against Trump. Well, I have news for you. Trump is PRO AIR. He is all for breathing free air. So in order for you to resist him, well, you know what to do.
(my prediction is little noise on this from the left, very little, and a few jabs at the messenger, time will tell)

I don't think it shows they are crazy. Its absolutely shows thats they have been influenced by outside sources to flip their script.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

This is back in 2009. I could also show you Obama saying similar things. But, (and the results of this thread will prove this) today, since Trump is about the same things, the left is now against it. With mind boggling predictability, this kind of talk isn't heard anymore. Why would I even bring this up? I mean, it's only going to divide us more, right?

WAKE THE F UP FOLKS. YOU on the left are the dividing ones! We agreed with you back in 2009. We all wanted secure borders. Now, you all seem to want to do anything to be against Trump. Well, I have news for you. Trump is PRO AIR. He is all for breathing free air. So in order for you to resist him, well, you know what to do.
(my prediction is little noise on this from the left, very little, and a few jabs at the messenger, time will tell)

I don't think it shows they are crazy. Its absolutely shows thats they have been influenced by outside sources to flip their script.

I know right, here you are agreeing with a member that states " you on the opposing team are the reason we are in this mess " with no foresight whatsoever on the possibility both sides have a share of the blame...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

What should be the threshold though?

I hate to be that person, but at what point do we stop letting them in? If someone isn't wealthy enough to pay certain fees or if they do not possess certain skills, how will they support themselves in the US? If we let them in without any real ability or plan to become self-supporting citizens, we're simply loading ourselves down with more welfare cases. This wouldn't be a huge issue *if* our welfare system were actually designed to be a hand up. But it's not, it's a trap designed to keep people on it perpetually.

There use to be computer models that would give outcomes on over population, number of jobs, number or resources, health problems, number of seats in schools.

These are all legitimate areas one needs to address before letting in more people

And the computer models mostly show negative results which is why they are ignored.

If a ship was sinking and a life raft could only hold so many, liberals would keep brining people on board until the life raft sinks.

They all flipped their script and choosing to ignore over population, lack of jobs, In a quest for unlimited migration.

And every time they get a democratic vote, shows the world that people are actually on board.

Could you imagine Democrats running on open borders and the American people cant decide.

Trump or Democrats unlimited migration...

And the general dumb public will vote anything against trump until they see the error in their ways.

Democrats will say higher taxes, open borders.

But if it ain't trump , that's the level of intelligence today

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: blueman12
Umm.. why do we need a giant wall? Just fix the systems that are already in place. Make work visas easier to obtain. More investigation teams for companies that higher illegals. Legalize marijuana (less cartel activity). Etc...

Immigration has been a complicated problem, and the issue is if a giant expensive wall will fix that or just be a band-aid covering up the symptoms.

Many on the left want better immigration systems. Not everyone agrees a wall is going to solve it, and be worth the hefty expense.

Open borders will sure fix this.

It's like you folks don't even know what your party is about. Trump wants to secure the border. Now go back to news (MSM coverage) of any and all border events. Any action besides providing a red carpet and free everything is demonized as Trump is a (some term with an ist at the end) and a bad person. Damnit, pretend to be consistent at least, this isn't some new idea.

Trump could say we are not going to build a wall but take the money to implement e-verify and ensure no illegal alien can work or do anything in the country, progressives would still have a fit over it and obstruct. Their new reason would be we are being cruel to the illegal aliens that do cross the border.

The goal posts will keep moving.

Most clear thinking folks want a wall both literally and figuratively. I don't expect that there will be a Great Wall of China built, but I suspect you do need a physical barrier in some areas. Others no so much.

Well we all know that an e-verify system will never happen (or going after the businesses that hire illegals). Not even worth mentioning because Trump knows how much US industry relies on illegal workers (he should know, as a patron of them). That dude could care less about illegal immigration if the corporatocracy is gonna take a hit. The only way to curb this problem is to hit the source (the hiring), which he wont do. I know it. You know it. "The wall" is merely an oversized hyper expensive monument to rile up his base. That's it. A sad testament to the GOPs falling out with fiscal responsibility. It will do nothing to stop people from getting in.

And just stop, he meant an actual physical wall. He talked about it ad nauseam. That dude isn't whippy enough to speak in metaphor. Exaggeration yes, metaphor no.

Remember when Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall? That's some serious goalpost moving.

Yup, moving those goal posts.

The Secure Fence Act of 2006 The Secure Fence Act of 2006, which was passed by a Republican Congress and signed by President George W. Bush, authorized about 700 miles of fencing along certain stretches of land between the border of the United States and Mexico. The act also authorized the use of more vehicle barriers, checkpoints and lighting to curb illegal immigration, and the use of advanced technology such as satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles. At the time the act was being considered, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer were all members of the Senate. (Schumer of New York is now the Senate minority leader.) Obama, Clinton, Schumer and 23 other Democratic senators voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Nope. Just like every liberal isn't a lunatic, every conservative isn't a racist.

I don't have a party. Equal opportunity hater here. I just happen to hate Trump and the idea of a wall. I also hated Hillary.

I think I hate Hillary more but I still keep some for Trump.
And for this being a conspiracy site I am surprised users here support a wall. I mean what do they think it will be used for in the future?
To keep people out or easily keep people in? Hmmmmmm

Sure...We're all going to want to escape to Venezuela...

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I don't see what your problem is. Your OP dispels the myth that Democrats are for open borders and want more illegal immigration. Your post that I'm responding to right now proves that Democrats supported the Secure Fence Act, and continue to support it, even giving Trump over a billion dollars last year to make it even greater, and offering to match it again in 2019! This year's money hasn't even been spent yet, and Trump is demanding another $5 billion for his 2019 budget.

Resistance to Trump's wall doesn't equate a distain for border security. We just disagree on the best way to implement border security and what will be most effective, and humane.

In my opinion the wall is an archaic and dumb idea. It's bad for wildlife migration, flood control and erosion. People will find away go under, over or around it. The moneyed cartels will just pay off officials, as they do now.

edit on 15-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Umm.. why do we need a giant wall? Just fix the systems that are already in place. Make work visas easier to obtain. More investigation teams for companies that higher illegals. Legalize marijuana (less cartel activity). Etc...

Immigration has been a complicated problem, and the issue is if a giant expensive wall will fix that or just be a band-aid covering up the symptoms.

Many on the left want better immigration systems. Not everyone agrees a wall is going to solve it, and be worth the hefty expense.

Because a wall is the cheapest most effective method of protecting a nation since day 1

It's a symbol but also a barrier. Its sends a message but also has a physical 1.

Dont know the exact numbers, but over 50,000 iillegals in Israel before their wall.

Wall goes up. They literally have less then 12 now and terror attacks way down

In 2019 every first world nation should know who is coming In and out of their country.

Especially with the amount of jealousy and violence directed towards Americans
edit on 15-12-2018 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join