It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer on imigration. Proof that lefties are lunatics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What should be the threshold though?

I hate to be that person, but at what point do we stop letting them in? If someone isn't wealthy enough to pay certain fees or if they do not possess certain skills, how will they support themselves in the US? If we let them in without any real ability or plan to become self-supporting citizens, we're simply loading ourselves down with more welfare cases. This wouldn't be a huge issue *if* our welfare system were actually designed to be a hand up. But it's not, it's a trap designed to keep people on it perpetually.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think I'll post this here.

This is from our local Fox news station. I typically don't watch any news on TV, whether local or national but happened to catch this *gem*. This is a quick R vs D discussion between two reps I've never heard of, but while the R provides concise and intelligible answers about border security and funding for the wall... the D can't seem to come up with any intelligent sentences and just keeps repeating the same crapola every chance she gets. You can tell by her breathing she is nervous at being "on the hot seat". But when you boil it down, she's just another useful idiot... with 0 ideas.

Since I can't embed the video because it's only on the local news' website, I'll provide a transcript after the link to the video (excluding the R's intelligent & reasonable content to further display the idiot's paradigm):

Linky-poo

Anchor: How likely is it, in your opinion, that congress will approve border wall money before democrats take control of the house in January?

Delma Limones (D): So border wall is not an effective form of border policy. It’s a symbolic way of telling immigrants they’re not welcomed here. The majority of Americans agree, that the border wall is not an effective solution to our immigration crisis and the very real humanitarian crisis that’s happening on our border, and so I don’t’ think that he’s going to get that funding. The majority of Americans don’t want it and we have a new… cong, a new.. ugh… house that’s ready to deliver that’s ready to deliver on the things that ugh they voted them to… to…, the voted them in for this November.

Anchor: Delma, you talk about the border wall, saying that’s it not an effective form for border control. What is your take? What is?

Delma (D) – So we have a real immigration crisis. What we’ve seen time and time again is that this president has used immigrant youth as political pawns in order to fund his border wall. He’s willing to have a government shutdown in order to get this funding across, when in reality these are all distractions from all the things that are happening in his administration.

Anchor: Final thought?

Delma (D): Again, what we’ve seen is that this president is willing to use immigrant youth, is willing to shutdown the government to send a strong anti-immigrant rhetoric, this is what we’ve seen that time and time that he’s wanting this wall for. And so we’re glad that we have a new strong democratic house that’s willing to stand up towards this president and say that we’re not going give any resources to this wall.

She's asked directly - what is your take on effective border security?... and she can't provide a direct answer.

But that's because she's for open borders, she's simply scared to put that on the airwaves!

Delma, you asshat! We have the funding already - border security is National Security! You're just so far behind, you've been left behind. Adios!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Umm.. why do we need a giant wall? Just fix the systems that are already in place. Make work visas easier to obtain. More investigation teams for companies that higher illegals. Legalize marijuana (less cartel activity). Etc...

Immigration has been a complicated problem, and the issue is if a giant expensive wall will fix that or just be a band-aid covering up the symptoms.

Many on the left want better immigration systems. Not everyone agrees a wall is going to solve it, and be worth the hefty expense.

I was against the price of the wall at first too. But then I realized a 5 billion dollar investment is nothing. We gave Iran 120 billion in cash so in retrospect 5 billion sounds reasonable for security.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This wouldn't be a huge issue *if* our welfare system were actually designed to be a hand up. But it's not, it's a trap designed to keep people on it perpetually.

Totally agree. If those who are on the system ever realized this, maybe some change could happen, but as long as you are "racist" for bringing it up, the song will remain the same.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Sort of like this?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

An electrical fence can be easily bypassed. Just clip the wires with a $5 pair of insulated pliers, and you can walk through carrying $1,000,000 of opiates without making hardly any sound.

It's much harder to get through the types of structures Trump is proposing. They're too tall to jump over, have no rough surfaces around the top to grab hold of, and have curved tops to prevent a line from being thrown and attached to the top. Can they be dug under? Sure... but ground radar stations can detect any tunnels from a good distance away. Can they be flown over? Yes, but planes make noise and are visible to radar. Can they be blown up? Sure, but the sound of the explosion will carry for miles.

In other words, unlike a fence, a wall will not be very easy to penetrate and will make enough disturbance being penetrated to alert CBP that they need to check it out. Remember that the physical wall is nothing more than one part of a secure border... we still need immigration reform and border patrol.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm all for keeping illegals out and getting any who are already in out as well.

Why does this guy represent all people who lean left? Are you also someone who sends out bombs in the mail just because that one guy did a few months ago?

You see where im going with this? You pigeonholing everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant as hell. It's the equivalent of someone saying everyone on the right is a racist just because there are a few on the right who actually are racist. See what I mean? I doubt it.
edit on 12/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm all for keeping illegals out and getting any who are already in out as well.

Why does this guy represent all people who lean left? Are you also someone who sends out bombs in the mail just because that one guy did a few months ago?

You see where im going with this? You pigeonholing everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant as hell. It's the equivalent of someone saying everyone on the right is a racist just because there are a few on the right who actually are racist. See what I mean? I doubt it.

Um, I kind of think it's YOU who missed the point. Look around, watch the MSM. Listen to what those who represent YOUR side are saying. You agree, border security is important, good, we both agree with each other. YOU are in the minority with your party. (if you want to play the "I'm not a democrat" game, please don't)

Open borders, ever hear of that? who talks like that? Trump? His supporters? Who pretends that we have a "humanitarian crisis at the border? Trump? His supporters?

Look around, and perhaps try to talk a bit of that superior logic to your peers. (they all seem to be led by the MSM, something you are also against)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sounds like you listen to the MSM more than I do. You realize they're paid to say what they say? The fact you're letting them get into your head like they have is HILARIOUS.

They've got you wrapped around their finger, you're reacting just how they want you to and how they drew it up. Good job falling for the propaganda.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We can't even get the typical leftists to admit that illegal aliens are doing anything. . . well . . . illegal.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they admit that, then we wouldn't be in the position to pay each migrant $50k just to go back to their country.

And then pay them another $100k after they blow the money and come back to our border demanding more

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The MSM is attempting to wrap everyone around their fingers. That's what they do. The thing that worries us is, it's working. As an example, a $5B price tag is nothing... literally nothing... compared to any other expenses, yet it is part of national security. Yet, the MSM throws the line that $5B is soooo much money to be frivolously frittered away on a hair-brained idea like a wall, and people eat it up like Halloween candy. The truth is that the wall will certainly accomplish its goal - decreased area for the CBP to heavily patrol - and the amount is peanuts compared to the benefits, likely one of the best benefit-to-cost ratios in recent memory.

And that is the "fake news" so many talk about.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I don't understand how anyone thinks the US should agree to the $50k deal.. I also haven't seen much about that in the MSM either. Are there people out there screaming that we should? A super quick google search doesn't seem to pull it up.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Good job falling for the propaganda.

I don't know how you can construe the OP for falling for MSM propaganda when he is actually calling out their propaganda. But don't let me deny you of "You're letting the MSM manipulate you" debate tactic. We just know by now that is your go-to when you have no rebuttal in the debate. Better luck next time I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The hypocrisy of the left has no bounds. Their only concern seems to be what the flavor of the day is. Confused bunch they are.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You think propaganda is only aimed at one side? Nope, it's aimed at both. The media knows exactly what they're doing, they're brainwashing leftists to hate anything Trump and at the same time brainwashing people on the right to hate anything leftist.

Taking anything the media says seriously, to the point where you are attributing what they do or say with an entire half of the population ("leftists are lunatics"), is falling for the double-edged propaganda.

I point out the media's propaganda too, I still get called a closet liberal and am pigeonholed into a box with them though. If you want to use that reasoning I can too.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Just like how Trump's statements and tweets make the lefties lose their collective minds. I find that HILARIOUS!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Exactly! Trump trolls leftists, the media trolls rightists. Now you get it! An endless loop of hate and hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump speaks plain English. When he says "wall," it is a shortened version of "a mostly impenetrable structure along areas of the border where there is little civilization and thus no legal reason for anyone to cross, a fence along areas which the CBP can make regular patrols, and no structure at all in areas where commercial activity and legal border crossings are common or where there are natural barriers that perform the same purpose as a solid structure." "The wall" takes a lot less time to say. Trump's speeches would take a day each if he had to specify every common-sense detail every time he referred to something. It's common sense, not rocket science.

You have sources for that? That the wall trump envisions is not one giant wall? With his ego I am pretty sure he envisions one giant wall with gates at border crossings... probably draw bridges lol...

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Just like how Trump's statements and tweets make the lefties lose their collective minds. I find that HILARIOUS!

Well they are usually full of lies... but you trumpets love that... What I find hilarious is any anti trump thread posted here you all tell the poster to get a life but then jump into the multi daily anti dem threads made by the same guy and go all woot woot go team....

That is some funny #...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join