It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer on imigration. Proof that lefties are lunatics.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is back in 2009. I could also show you Obama saying similar things. But, (and the results of this thread will prove this) today, since Trump is about the same things, the left is now against it. With mind boggling predictability, this kind of talk isn't heard anymore. Why would I even bring this up? I mean, it's only going to divide us more, right?

WAKE THE F UP FOLKS. YOU on the left are the dividing ones! We agreed with you back in 2009. We all wanted secure borders. Now, you all seem to want to do anything to be against Trump. Well, I have news for you. Trump is PRO AIR. He is all for breathing free air. So in order for you to resist him, well, you know what to do.
(my prediction is little noise on this from the left, very little, and a few jabs at the messenger, time will tell)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This guy makes perfect sense. It is not a problem to vett immigrants and let them into the country to become citizens, but they must come in the legal way. The high cost of lawyer fees being paid is causing undue hardship to immigrants wanting to come here legally, we need to fix that, a government agency should be created to lessen the cost to immigrants that are not very rich. It can also help the rich ones though, there should not be any inequity or favoritism because of wealth which is the case presently. There are a lot of good Mexicans and other people who are not rich trying to get into America. But coming here as illegal aliens is not following the law, they are criminals if they do that. We need to fix the problem, and we will have to fight lawyers who's income we jeopardize when we implement this. People who are rich often get richer at the expense of the poor. There are good lawyers, I know some, but I also know some very money hungry ones who would sell the soul of their first born to gain wealth.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

While I don't consider myself left, ATS would.

I agree with a lot of Trump's immigration stances. I just don't want the wall.

I also agree a lot of people screaming about refugees right now where not up in arms 6 years ago when Obama was saying similar things to what Trump is saying, just much more intellectually.

edit on 14-12-2018 by headorheart because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Umm.. why do we need a giant wall? Just fix the systems that are already in place. Make work visas easier to obtain. More investigation teams for companies that higher illegals. Legalize marijuana (less cartel activity). Etc...

Immigration has been a complicated problem, and the issue is if a giant expensive wall will fix that or just be a band-aid covering up the symptoms.

Many on the left want better immigration systems. Not everyone agrees a wall is going to solve it, and be worth the hefty expense.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Umm.. why do we need a giant wall? Just fix the systems that are already in place. Make work visas easier to obtain. More investigation teams for companies that higher illegals. Legalize marijuana (less cartel activity). Etc...

Immigration has been a complicated problem, and the issue is if a giant expensive wall will fix that or just be a band-aid covering up the symptoms.

Many on the left want better immigration systems. Not everyone agrees a wall is going to solve it, and be worth the hefty expense.

Open borders will sure fix this.

It's like you folks don't even know what your party is about. Trump wants to secure the border. Now go back to news (MSM coverage) of any and all border events. Any action besides providing a red carpet and free everything is demonized as Trump is a (some term with an ist at the end) and a bad person. Damnit, pretend to be consistent at least, this isn't some new idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I also agree a lot of people screaming about refugees right now where not up in arms 6 years ago when Obama was saying similar things to what Trump is saying, just must more intellectually.

Trumps not building a wall, it is more like a fence.
Of course, calling it a wall is a political twisting of facts just like the media twists things.

Just consider it a coral to steer the animals towards the gait.

edit on 14-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Wait you agree with some of trumps points?

Guess your an alt right racist who wants people to die.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: blueman12

Open borders will sure fix this.

It's like you folks don't even know what your party is about. Trump wants to secure the border. Now go back to news (MSM coverage) of any and all border events. Any action besides providing a red carpet and free everything is demonized as Trump is a (some term with an ist at the end) and a bad person. Damnit, pretend to be consistent at least, this isn't some new idea.

Trump could say we are not going to build a wall but take the money to implement e-verify and ensure no illegal alien can work or do anything in the country, progressives would still have a fit over it and obstruct. Their new reason would be we are being cruel to the illegal aliens that do cross the border.

The goal posts will keep moving.

Most clear thinking folks want a wall both literally and figuratively. I don't expect that there will be a Great Wall of China built, but I suspect you do need a physical barrier in some areas. Others no so much.

link   

We don't need a wall, just a fence.

A 30 foot tall fence made of solid steel topped with razor wire and patrolled 24/7 by armed Border Security personnel.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Nope. Just like every liberal isn't a lunatic, every conservative isn't a racist.

I don't have a party. Equal opportunity hater here. I just happen to hate Trump and the idea of a wall. I also hated Hillary.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This is back in 2009. I could also show you Obama saying similar things. But, (and the results of this thread will prove this) today, since Trump is about the same things, the left is now against it. With mind boggling predictability, this kind of talk isn't heard anymore. Why would I even bring this up? I mean, it's only going to divide us more, right?

WAKE THE F UP FOLKS. YOU on the left are the dividing ones! We agreed with you back in 2009. We all wanted secure borders. Now, you all seem to want to do anything to be against Trump. Well, I have news for you. Trump is PRO AIR. He is all for breathing free air. So in order for you to resist him, well, you know what to do.
(my prediction is little noise on this from the left, very little, and a few jabs at the messenger, time will tell)

See, if the Republican Party had any balls or a spine, they'd be running this clip on TV as an advertisement right now pointing out the left's hypocrisy on the issue. Trump should be tweeting that video asking Schmucky to explain the change in his position and why he won't support a wall now.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Nope. Just like every liberal isn't a lunatic, every conservative isn't a racist.

I don't have a party. Equal opportunity hater here. I just happen to hate Trump and the idea of a wall. I also hated Hillary.

I think I hate Hillary more but I still keep some for Trump.
And for this being a conspiracy site I am surprised users here support a wall. I mean what do they think it will be used for in the future?
To keep people out or easily keep people in? Hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I also agree a lot of people screaming about refugees right now where not up in arms 6 years ago when Obama was saying similar things to what Trump is saying, just must more intellectually.

Trumps not building a wall, it is more like a fence.
Of course, calling it a wall is a political twisting of facts just like the media twists things.

A fence would be great. They have always worked so well in the past, especially in Texas.

tucson.com... .html

edit on 14-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

To keep people out or easily keep people in? Hmmmmmm

We're talking something straight out of M. Night Shyamalan's The Village now

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Obama wanted to stop illegal immigration in its tracks.
100% of leftists supported him on that.
Hitlery the fascist wanted to stop illegal immigration in its tracks.
100% of leftists supported her on that.
The President wants to do the same
100% of leftists are against him on that.

Who’s a group of mindless hivemind NPC sheep?

Every single country on Earth has immigration laws, EVERY one. But if the President wants normal immigration laws to be enforced, he’s ‘bad’.

“Please tell me what to think Mainstream Media”
“Tell me what to be outraged about this week”
edit on 14 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This one guy representing everyone on the left is like me saying everyone on the right is guilty of vehicular manslaughter because that one person ran someone over a year or two ago.

Righties are murderers!

Do you understand how absolutely stupid and ignorant your stance is?
edit on 12/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think when a lot of people hear the term "a wall," they think of this solid structure with no windows or doors that stretches from sea to shining sea and permanently separates us from Mexico. Yes, that would be a wall. But that's not the only kind of wall that exists.

Trump's wall is an almost impenetrable barrier, yes. The prototypes are scale-resistant and thick enough to discourage any holes. However, it is not solid. It contains 'doors.' Take Laredo, TX, for example... there is another town called Nuevo Laredo on the Mexican side of the border. There's no obvious way to determine exactly where that border line is except by the signs posted. The customs stations are not even in Laredo... they are a few miles up I-35. That is not going to change... there will be no wall between Laredo and Nuevo Laredo. There will be the same number of CBP officers there. The check station will not move. What will happen is that the wall will stop on each side of Laredo/Nuevo Laredo so people cannot circle around the populated area and walk across the border. They'll have to cross at Laredo.

That will be repeated at several other locations as well... El Paso. San Diego. Nogales. Brownsville. And others...

There will not be a wall in some areas... Big Bend is impassable along much of the border. It's badlands. We don't need a wall there. Maybe in a few of the barely passable areas a fence will do.

The point is, the wall is not a permanent division separating the US from Mexico forever. It is a barrier to illegal immigration. Freight will still flow freely, asylum seekers can still apply at ports of entry, tourism will still exist as before, and legal immigrants can still come in. The only thing the wall will do, and it will do this very well, is allow CBP to focus their efforts on much smaller areas. Even if a few do figure out a way to get around the wall, that's still a huge difference from just allowing anyone to come across if they can time it between occasional CBP patrols that rarely show up.

Trump speaks plain English. When he says "wall," it is a shortened version of "a mostly impenetrable structure along areas of the border where there is little civilization and thus no legal reason for anyone to cross, a fence along areas which the CBP can make regular patrols, and no structure at all in areas where commercial activity and legal border crossings are common or where there are natural barriers that perform the same purpose as a solid structure."

"The wall" takes a lot less time to say. Trump's speeches would take a day each if he had to specify every common-sense detail every time he referred to something. It's common sense, not rocket science.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You wouldn't need many armed border patrols with an electrical fence. One zap and I think they'd get the message.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This one guy representing everyone on the left is like me saying everyone on the right is guilty of vehicular manslaughter because that one person ran someone over a year or two ago.

Righties are murderers!

Do you understand how absolutely stupid and ignorant your stance is?

wait, so you and a large portion of democrats are WITH Trump on his Immigration stance? Can you offer anything other than your incredibly empty words on this?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But it is much easier if they can dumb down something as complex as a barrier with surveillance, electronic monitoring, and deterrents, then show a picture of some Mexican kid with a ladder to prove their intellectual superiority. It's possible they aren't smart enough to understand what this all entails. After all, this is more along the lines of "workers who understand mechanical things", and not "superior knowledge aristocrats".

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join