It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ads - An update and ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Just for computer illiterates like me,
and the WWW in the beginning indicates that it is a website and it uses the HTTP protocol. It is therefore redundant to have ‘www.anything.com...’ since the WWW tells the browser to use HTTP when it is already in use. But because most people are already used to having a URI written this way, it is left as is by most experts.

So there is only HTTP and HTTPS for the most part.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ATS is kind of screwing themselves in ad revenue because of these terrible mobile phone ads. I used allow ads and now I can't touch ATS without ad blockers, otherwise I face risk of running into the terminator

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Can ATS go back to margin ads? I actually read them occasionally but the ones that cross the screen, block content, and freeze the page until they are killed are really annoying.

Tell your advertisers that I am taking notes and will go out of my way to NOT buy what they are advertising on ads that block content.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Having issues too but mostly w load times......

Something is defi itely goingon that's why you see so many double and triple posts.....

And it doesn't matter what browser or what platform you use...... This really needs to be looked at its not a good sign

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Slichter
Just for computer illiterates like me,
and the WWW in the beginning indicates that it is a website and it uses the HTTP protocol. It is therefore redundant to have ‘www.anything.com...’ since the WWW tells the browser to use HTTP when it is already in use. But because most people are already used to having a URI written this way, it is left as is by most experts.
So there is only HTTP and HTTPS for the most part.

How can we use this information to enhance our browsing experience on ATS? I've not heard of the URI tool before. What is that?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Also it seems we can no longer click off the bottom banner ad that blocks content.......

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Now were getting 2 ads on the right that come and go so the page moves back and forth. Tried the Android again yesterday got about 3 minutes before it was blocked.

About to totally surrender.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
FYI - We have been working on the mobile ad issues for a while now, I've only seen the errant ad once so it's really hard to track down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join