It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Europe destroy America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

I was going to post on this meaningless thread, however some of our American contributors are coming out with the usual rubbish.

electricity, telegraph, telephone, refridgeration, radios, record players, tape players, CDs, MP3s, televisions, computers, internet, smartphones, radar, microwaves, airplanes, outboard boat motors, GPS, etc

Most of those wern't invented in The U.S. You need to educate yourself.

The U.S.A. brought the world: transcontinental railroads

First Transcontinental Railway linked the North Sea to The Mediterranean Sea built 13 years before the one in The U.S.

The Americans didn't even invent to train.

Also, everyone would either be speaking German or Russian if the U.S. didn't help save Europe during WWII

If you want to be that stupid, i could tell you that without Britain there wouldn't even be a country know as The U.S.

One has to remember that all the smartest people in the world moved to the U.S. once its democratically elected constitutional republic was established

Are you on a wind up? Not they didn't.
edit on 14-12-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pleasedontwastemytoe

You have a simpleton's view of what America is.

But to answer your question, slaves supposedly defeated a pharaoh, Scots defeated the British, the Knights Templar defeated the Ottomans, and some rag-tag colonists could battle, win, and secede from their mother country, I guess that anything is possible given enough tactical advantage and luck.

Of course, considering that we have troops and other forces stationed throughout Europe, I don't see how waging a war against a people who have soldiers already in your countries would be the best decision. But, there are ways to do it, so maybe.

Feeling froggy, Europe?

In reality, though, you could only include countries already in the EU--any attempt to incorporate other countries for the purpose of battling the US would be noticed and give us plenty of time to prepare.

And something that people in Europe always forget: We have more guns (and other arms) than people, and they exist in the hands of private citizens. Many, many of us who have said arms are well-trained and willing to use them to protect our way of life and our country.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Short answer, no.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The US Navy would be all that is needed. We would destroy Europe without setting boots on the ground.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thus is a wind up
If it did happen though, afterwards the only super powers would be tribal.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

The US Navy would be all that is needed. We would destroy Europe without setting boots on the ground.

After The U.S. had been nuked, there would be no ports for the navy to return to.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

After The U.S. had been nuked, there would be no ports for the navy to return to.

Well that would suck.

"Okay everyone! We're calling off the nuclear war! There'd be no ports to return to!"

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In all these ridiculous posts that pop up every so often I have never once read the military strategy that would be used to launch a successful invasion of the mainland US.

Basic military tactics tell you the reason why you never see that is because it's not possible so just one of those people saying it could happen please give a realistic strategy that an invading force could take.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For everyone.

Short of possibly the north or south pole.

Don't think we have that many ports there though that are exactly what one would call accessible.

Let's just say it would be a #e show nobody would ever wish to see take place.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

For everyone.

Short of possibly the north or south pole.

Don't think we have that many ports there though that are exactly what one would call accessible.

Let's just say it would be a #e show nobody would ever wish to see take place.

A nuclear war would put a bit of a damper on my weekend plans.

It might interfere with Christmas and television programs.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

And yet we seem to have colonized the place just fine with wooden ships and sail.

It's not strictly impossible, but it would require a sacrifice of life that no sane nation nor collection of such would ever wish to realistically undertake nor be willing to bear.

That's in both directions all the same if Europe was united land invasion would be no small feat nether.

Let's just say there goes the neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes, bad idea in its entirety really.

Next crazy scheme for consideration please, i know world peace. LoL

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Maybe the US would end up destroyed, but so would everywhere else.

Thing is, though, I can't ever imagine a scenario where the UK joined some pan European army of aggression against the US. We would be more far more likely to tell them to sod off and stand with the Yanks. *At least, the people would, not sure about some of the rats in parliament).

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I tend to agree with that assessment, except not with Trump in their corner.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

I tend to agree with that assessment, except not with Trump in their corner.

Doesn't matter does it? Can you really see us joining up with the krauts and frogs and going at it with the yanks? I can't. If you lined up all the people of the world and told them to pick sides, you would (Mostly, I know there will always be outliers) end up with one group of the English speaking countries, together with some others that are aligned with them, then a mishmash of others who oppose them. I can't ever see, The US, Canada, UK, NZ, OZ etc on different sides in a war. It would be like a civil war.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And when we shoot down your one or two nukes, what do you think will be waiting for you?

Complete annihilation. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And when we shoot down your one or two nukes, what do you think will be waiting for you?

Complete annihilation. Good luck.

I think you will find that Russia has more than 2 nukes.

Or didn't you read the OP ?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We have state of the art submarines full of the things just roaming the seas doing nothing.

America should ken that after all they did sell them to us.

That's also a jibe at Trident for the uninitiated.

edit on 14-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And yet we seem to have colonized the place just fine with wooden ships and sail.

It's not strictly impossible, but it would require a sacrifice of life that no sane nation nor collection of such would ever wish to realistically undertake nor be willing to bear.

That's in both directions all the same if Europe was united land invasion would be no small feat nether.

Let's just say there goes the neighborhood.

North America circa 1700s is so far opposite as America circa 2018. =)

It's literally like comparing apples and oranges using the initial Colonization as a point of reference to a military invasion today. At that point their was no ally to the North securing that border. America wasn't spread over 48 contiguous states with military presence in two other states. They didn't have air or naval superiority , established communication or transport chains and really only had to worry about one front.

Im not saying that someone couldnt hit elements of the US with a nuclear volley or some other WMD approach. That is certainly viable and sadly the way the world is going seems like something that might be inevitable but the with 4 borders spread so geographically apart literally the only way an invading force could take the mainland would be:

1. Presidentcommand orders all and every piece of military gear into the same geographic area.
2. Invading force nukes that space.
3. Invading force lands, drinks tea and celebrates.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Indeed but its a stupid nonsensical scenario at best.

So those apples and oranges may as well be pears and grapes.

It's not going to happen this side of the next millennium by which time if we are not fighting space-men we should be very ashamed.
edit on 14-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join