It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Razorbacks linebacker arrested on drug charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
An Arkansas State University linebacker has been arrested on multiple drug possession and distribution charges along with the similatanous possession of drugs and a firearm.
He was found with nearly 100 grams or marijuana and a quantity of Xanax pills along with scales and a loaded AR-15.

Demetrius "Dee" Walker faces charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver (both marijuana and Xanax) and simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, according to Fayetteville police. An online jail roster also lists the charges of delivery of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Authorities searched his residence and found 95.8 grams of marijuana, 40 Xanax pills, "multiple" individual and sandwich baggies, a digital scale and a DPMS Panther Arms model AR-15 rifle with one loaded magazine, according to a preliminary report.

Link
Linky 2
Yikes as if the team wasn’t having a rough enough year....Go hogs

edit on 12/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Added link fixed errors

edit on 12/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Edit title

edit on 12/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: D’oh

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
100 grams of weed is a major drug offence?

one step forward, two steps back...

* leaving my post intact regardless of title edit *

edit on 14-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Fair enough not a minor offense though the charges all compound of each other if it was just a quarter pound of MJ it’d be one thing but scales a firearm and Xanax don’t paint a very pretty picture.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
ZOMG!

One. Hundred. GRAMS!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
ZOMG!

One. Hundred. GRAMS!!!

ROFLMAO

The Xanax will probably get him some real trouble though. They will have multiple charges to dismiss so the football team keeps their talent. He should NOT get any jail time besides the arrest IMO.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The big question is ...
Has he been arrested for anything before?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

OUCH....

That sucks for him. I’m not up on Arkansas laws but I assume he got an intent to distribute charge for the pot alone. Having the SSRI holds a fairly hefty charge combined with what I assume is also an intent to distribute.

Not looking good man. I do get a little confused on the “loaded” AR-15 charge though. What is considered loaded in Arkansas? Chambered or just mag in?

Either way that specific charge will most likely be dropped.
So hopefully no jail time but man he is going to paying this one off for sometime.

Also I use the word “hopefully” lightly in hope he wasn’t selling to kids. If he was then throw his bum in jail.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm sure the school and sports system will rally around him, do all they can to get it to go away and get him back in the game.

Anything for the double ya, go sports!!!!!

They do it all the time, it's a little easier when it's just some girl they raped, normally can shame her and threaten to expel her. But these drug charges take some more work to call in some favors from the local judges and politicians.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Fair enough not a minor offense though the charges all compound of each other if it was just a quarter pound of MJ it’d be one thing but scales a firearm and Xanax don’t paint a very pretty picture.
Uhm 100 grams is less than a quarter pound.

Thats why they say 100 grams because it sounds like more than it is.

Its about 600$ worth of weed. What a joke
edit on 14-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maybe he wouldn't be dealing drugs if they paid the athletes that make the schools millions.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Uhm 100 grams is less than a quarter pound.

Thats why they say 100 grams because it sounds like more than it is.

Its about 600$ worth of weed. What a joke

Excuse me for rounding a quarter pound is 112grams.

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: BigDave-AR

OUCH....

That sucks for him. I’m not up on Arkansas laws but I assume he got an intent to distribute charge for the pot alone. Having the SSRI holds a fairly hefty charge combined with what I assume is also an intent to distribute.

Not looking good man. I do get a little confused on the “loaded” AR-15 charge though. What is considered loaded in Arkansas? Chambered or just mag in?

Either way that specific charge will most likely be dropped.
So hopefully no jail time but man he is going to paying this one off for sometime.

Also I use the word “hopefully” lightly in hope he wasn’t selling to kids. If he was then throw his bum in jail.

I was assuming it meant one in the chamber but they just mention it having a loaded mag. For simple possession of pot I’d have no problem the distribution and simultaneous possession of a firearm tell a bit of a different tail, it’s definently going to follow him that’s for sure.

Spock the hogs actually run a pretty clean program last year two players were suspended for flirting with cheerleaders from an opposing team. He’s already been removed from the roster.

ETA- He has no priors just one speeding ticket.

edit on 12/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If one gram of weed is illegal, then yes, one hundred grams is major. Throw in the scales, which implies dealing or trafficking. Then consider the illegal prescription xanax and it becomes more problematic. He will probably get into more trouble for the pills than the weed.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Wooo Pig Sooie, that boy is in trouble!!!

This is just the latest fustercluck for the Razorback's program since Jeff Long fired Bobby Petrino leading to millions paid out to multiple coaches that can't put a winning season together. I still have faith that the Hogs will turn it around eventually. Look how long it took us to recover from the firing of Nolan Richardson.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Wooo Pig Sooie, that boy is in trouble!!!

This is just the latest fustercluck for the Razorback's program since Jeff Long fired Bobby Petrino leading to millions paid out to multiple coaches that can't put a winning season together. I still have faith that the Hogs will turn it around eventually. Look how long it took us to recover from the firing of Nolan Richardson.

Glad to see another hog fan yeah the program has been rough I’m still salty over them letting Houston Nutt out of the golden handcuffs and him not staying for the bowl game. I’m still holding out hopes that the program can get back to making the state proud.

Woo pig my friend.

top topics

join