It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Vapidity of AlGore

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
*I put this in the wrong forum initially, caught my mistake, and here we are in Das Pit.

I found this amusing.
www.marketwatch.com...

For Gore, the president has a motivating role in climate discussions, believe it or not:

“I think people are acting in [spite] of President Trump,” he said. “I think that the midterm elections were numerically the biggest repudiation of a sitting president in the history of U.S. midterm elections. I think that Donald J. Trump has become the global face of climate denial.”

LOL!!!

Yet another Gore "think" pulled from his ass alongside a lifelong career of pulling things from his own rectum and vocalized such as "I invented the internet," "99% of the information and predictions from 'An Inconvenient Truth'," and, of course, his rantings and ravings when he lost the presidential election in 2000. Let's fact check this latest "think" of Al's.

The 2018 midterms, the supposed "biggest repudiation" of a sitting president in history...
en.wikipedia.org...

In the House of Representatives elections, Democrats made a net gain of at least 40 seats.[c] Democratic victory in the House of Representatives ended the unified control of Congress and the presidency that the Republican Party had established in the 2016 elections. In the Senate elections, Republicans expanded their majority by two seats.

So, the scorecard starts at sitting president's party: H-40, S+2

Let's look at 2010, the last time there was a power shift during a midterm...
en.wikipedia.org...

The Republican Party gained 63 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives, recapturing the majority, and making it the largest seat change since 1948 and the largest for any midterm election since the 1938 midterm elections. The Republicans gained six seats in the U.S. Senate, expanding its minority, and also gained 680 seats in state legislative races,[6][7][8] to break the previous majority record of 628 set by Democrats in the post-Watergate elections of 1974.[8] This left Republicans in control of 26 state legislatures, compared to the 15 still controlled by Democrats. After the election, Republicans took control of 29 of the 50 State Governorships.

Scorecard for this one is H-63, S-6

So already, only going back 6 years, we can see Al Gore is full of horsesnip. Hey, just for fun, let's look at the midterm that changed reality for Al and his boss, Bill Clinton...
en.wikipedia.org...

This was the year known as the Republican Revolution, in which members of the Republican Party captured majorities in the House of Representatives, Senate and governors mansions. Republicans were able to gain eight Senate seats, fifty-four House seats, and ten governorships.

Scorecard for this one... H-54, S-8

So that's 2 examples of presidents within the past 25 years who have experienced greater "voter repudiation" than Donald Trump... I'd keep going back, but frankly Al Gore has already been demonstrated as a lying asshat with a total lack of historical perspective, so my work here is done.

Al Gore yelling at statistics and numbers that prove he's a liar circa 2018 (colorized)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

"I invented the internet," "99% of the information and predictions from 'An Inconvenient Truth'," and, of course, his rantings and ravings when he lost the presidential election in 2000

You forgot the "I was raised on a tobacco farm in North Carolina"
If you call a Penthouse Suite in N.Y. a "tobacco farm" , what do you call a mansion in North Carolina ?
Yet , he is a politician first and such as that is to be expected.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That was a good read. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It would be much faster and easier to simply take whatever comes out of a Gore's mouth and assume the opposite is true. You'll be correct 99% of the time.

I grew up knowing the Gores fairly well. I live close to the Tennessee line, so close in fact that our TV signal came from Tennessee instead of Alabama. By the time I was old enough to understand what those fools in that faraway place called Washington DC were doing, the name Gore was synonymous with corruption. His daddy, Al Gore Sr., started the dynasty, and yes, he was raised on a tobacco farm. That farm still exists so far as I know, and is still owned by the Gores, but I doubt any of them have set foot on it in decades.

Al Gore Sr. was the ultimate Big Oil guy. I remember when he was on TV just prior to his retirement in 1970; he was doing a press conference with some Saudi sheiks. At one point, the translator said "We do not care, because we own Mr. Gore." Al Gore sat there, stonefaced, and never disputed that claim. I think that's what eventually caused him to lose and retire in 1970.

Al Gore Jr. never knew a day of hard work in his life. He was born a decade after his father won his first election to national office, so obviously the silver spoon was present and accounted for. The boy was groomed from the time he made his arrival in the world until his first victory to continue his father's legacy. And he did a pretty good job. His latest scheme was just too risky, though. He has positioned himself financially to take full advantage of any carbon credit scam that is implemented. "An Inconvenient Truth" was not a documentary; it was an investment using propaganda. The day carbon credits are voted in, Al Gore, Jr. makes billions of dollars overnight.

In the meantime, his mansion uses more electricity that some small cities. He flies in a private jet everywhere he goes. He uses more energy than 1000 typical Americans combined, just because he can. That tells me more about his seriousness on Global Warming than anything he says. The fact that he had to be rescued from a national forest by the Secret Service tells me everything I need to know about how serious he is about ecology in general.

Anyone who trusts anything that comes out of a Gore's mouth is sorely naive.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Global warming?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

That was a good read. Thanks.

Coming soon to booksellers everywhere...

The Inconvenient History of Al Gore

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Al Gore? Shouldn't he be dead already because of global warming?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Solution.

We take Al Gore's ego, shoot it into space, and have it act as a Dyson Sphere.

New Jersey can keep the view of his ego's butt.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It would be much faster and easier to simply take whatever comes out of a Gore's mouth and assume the opposite is true. You'll be correct 99% of the time.

I grew up knowing the Gores fairly well. I live close to the Tennessee line, so close in fact that our TV signal came from Tennessee instead of Alabama. By the time I was old enough to understand what those fools in that faraway place called Washington DC were doing, the name Gore was synonymous with corruption. His daddy, Al Gore Sr., started the dynasty, and yes, he was raised on a tobacco farm. That farm still exists so far as I know, and is still owned by the Gores, but I doubt any of them have set foot on it in decades.

Al Gore Sr. was the ultimate Big Oil guy. I remember when he was on TV just prior to his retirement in 1970; he was doing a press conference with some Saudi sheiks. At one point, the translator said "We do not care, because we own Mr. Gore." Al Gore sat there, stonefaced, and never disputed that claim. I think that's what eventually caused him to lose and retire in 1970.

Al Gore Jr. never knew a day of hard work in his life. He was born a decade after his father won his first election to national office, so obviously the silver spoon was present and accounted for. The boy was groomed from the time he made his arrival in the world until his first victory to continue his father's legacy. And he did a pretty good job. His latest scheme was just too risky, though. He has positioned himself financially to take full advantage of any carbon credit scam that is implemented. "An Inconvenient Truth" was not a documentary; it was an investment using propaganda. The day carbon credits are voted in, Al Gore, Jr. makes billions of dollars overnight.

In the meantime, his mansion uses more electricity that some small cities. He flies in a private jet everywhere he goes. He uses more energy than 1000 typical Americans combined, just because he can. That tells me more about his seriousness on Global Warming than anything he says. The fact that he had to be rescued from a national forest by the Secret Service tells me everything I need to know about how serious he is about ecology in general.

Anyone who trusts anything that comes out of a Gore's mouth is sorely naive.

TheRedneck

Damn son!!!

I'm going to go ahead and steal that my man. I know a few lefty's that need their daily head explosion lol.

With your permission of course!

Trust me though when I say that your scintillating takedown of Gore will be put to good use.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Repudiation, eh, Mr. Gore? A less than historically average loss is a repudiation now?

Ah, me, Al, Al, Al... Why not stick with your carbon credit scam, and stay away from politics--you just don't seem to be very good at it anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Feel free. It's just common knowledge around here.

Besides, I have a serious bone to pick with Mr. Gore if I ever meet him. It was supposed to be nice and warm by now, even in the winter according to the bag of hot air. That's breach of contract as far as I'm concerned.

TheRedneck

new topics

join