It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Tuts Curse: Chicken Pox?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Happen to catch King tuts Curse 1980 on tv last night and saw the part where Lord George Herbert was bit by a mosquito, than passed a few days later, then blamed on Curse on Tuts tomb.
I always thought this seemed odd so decided to do some checking.

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice left cheek in this photo taken in 1921

upload.wikimedia.org...

Shingles

health.mo.gov...

It seems to me his illness was misdiagnosed 56 at the time, it was probably an acute case of a Shingles breakout apparently not in the best of health before the breakout, the fever probably was to much for him.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

Hey, I checked out that photo, and I can't really see a shingles pattern on his face. His face does look lumpy on the upper left cheekbone area, and perhaps slightly discolored, but it isn't the clustered, vesicular, crusted rash of a herpes virus.

It would be one-sided (unilateral), and would follow the pattern of one of the 'dermatomes' … the skin areas supplied by different nerves going to the face.

Photo of Hepes Zoster of the Face - DISTURBING CONTENT

The nerves have distinctive patterns, and facial Herpes zoster would be TERRIBLY painful. The look in the photo is not of a guy in severe pain.

But he could have shingles elsewhere on his body that we cannot see in that photo ….

The question is still open though: what IS up with the left side of his face in that photo?

edit on 13-12-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: made it look more cogent

edit on 13-12-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added more info

edit on 13-12-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It could have been some kind of bacteria or fungi toxins or even an infection from a cut or maybe that mosquito bite that led to his death. There could have even been some toxic stuff in the tomb. Back those days they probably did not have the best of medical supplies and knowledge. We still lose a real lot of people to infections. Identifying the exact cause of death is still not that great of a success. We now have access to labs that can test the stuff, but that is not done nearly as much as people think it is. Unless there is evidence of possible murder or foul play on the part of a hospital, the autopsy does not include testing for micotoxins.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Hi friend, imma long time lurker, just joined, anyhoo . . .

what an interesting hypothesis you have there! I can see exactly how you're joining them dots and it's clever, however,

me thinks if the 'curse' were some biological agent, something like syphilis or even better en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">tuberculosiswould be a 'better' curse materiels imo, for a few reasons.

Syphilis was known as en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">The Great Imitator especially 100yrs ago, as it "presents" (the symptoms of) in so many different ways so those 'differences' on his face (from that photo it's pretty hard to distinguish if it's even a 'rash' or a bruise) BUT that said, considering so many people who entered the tomb did die 'unusual' deaths that appeared rather varied back then, but consider tunerculosis is a mycobacterium which can easily dry out and become happily 'dormant' until disturbed!

lol i.e.If you can read the Warning Sign/curse! DON"T open the door unless you wanna Die! MF DIE! Yes YOU!, or don't, then read the sign and open the door eejit!

Alas, TB isn't that deadly, just ensickens one, however, syphilis is also a bacteria that akawk can't survive without a host, but maybe it was an unknown strain of a disease that infected those who came into contact with it early after the tomb was opened, but it also "died out" with those people it 'killed' ... maybe?!

But yep, the 'mummy's curse' being some kind of 'bioweapon' makes complete sense to me, I've not heard it mentioned before, is this a new theory OP?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Just an interesting subject, I did not think that it would cause such a stir. The second picture I look at of subject, has a rash on the left side of his face dated 1921. 5 years before it is stated bit by a mosquito on left cheek. Coincidence? My diagnosis was an outbreak of Shingles, which for some reason, usually starts with a painful blister under the right or left eye. Which has nothing to do with a curse, well at least the Legendary King Tuts Curse that is.

"The Legend Of The Mummys Tomb Curse" most likey comes from tomb robbers who stayed too long in a burial chamber filled with Natural gas and died from exposure.

Probably what the Curse warnings are too. Warnings
"Biohazard" Gas Fumes Seepage keep out.
Which then leads me to the conclusion that the Great Pyramids indeed was probably used as a tomb or to store mummys, later, in most likely the last kingdom.

Good Luck
edit on 14-12-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Maybe the doctors knew what was affecting the patient and thought it was VD not Shingles.
Who is going to headline "Financial Backer of King Tuts Tomb discovery Passes away of VD".

Not bloody likely,

good luck

Last Post
On To Greener Pastures
edit on 14-12-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Could have been a recluse bite.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The first documented European individual with AIDS?

The symptoms sound very familiar.
edit on 15-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join