It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tackle climate or face financial crash, say world's biggest investors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When the arguments and the science don't quite match reality, threats will do.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

from the link

Without these, the world faces a financial crash several times worse than the 2008 crisis

The crash is coming ( they will pick the time to crash it ) anyway -

I love how they're attempting to extort more trillions from the broken backs of the wage-slave plebs.

Meanwhile these same scum are buying up water rights ( the new scarce commodity ) to further monopolize LIFE!

They can go eff themselves.

Might have to go live in the US and arm myself ...enough is enough!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

If you wonder if the climate is changing just ask the Navy about how much money they are having to spend to continue to be able to use Norfolk

Why not you tell us ?
You seem to be "in the know"

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How are they going to use all that money to stop a magnetic field reversal? Answer: They can't so they'll use it to build shelters for the elite.

SWARM ESA

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

And will and always has, what in the hell makes us so special to change the process of a living earth to suit our needs?

Why are the plans not to reduce waste, be effecient, make lasting products. Stop shipping crap all over the world to be assembled. If they were serious about it we should be setting up communial climate controlled green houses. We would be trading materials, knowledge and seeds and would otherwise be deglobolizing. Why are they acting like they are going to let robots take over our jobs, yet somehow keep us here and pay us a wage for no worked performed (I cant believe people actually believe that). Why are we not talking about limiting the number of kids people can have, especially in countrys that already don't have the resources to support the ones there? Why? Because this is an obvious power grab.
edit on 12/13/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

But they're leaders of Industry and if they get pissed off We get pissed on even more!!! They NEED every break they can get...

As many celebrate Jesus The Chris†™ Naming Day and after pushing and shoving and elbowing and flipping off folks in the traffic/parking lot and then getting home and getting frustrated even more and while You fight w/the shiny wrapping paper, You get a call that You're overdrawn and 1 account closed, think how much Jesus appreciates You cutting down a perfectly LIVING tree and then putting unwarranted 'gifts' underneath (creditors be damned!!!) Come on it is a $$ grubbing scheme

Stay Hydrated... (and don't forget to water the now dead tree in the living room...)

Happy Harmonica to the rest...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How about they start first.

Run cleaner if its that important to you.

Boom. Solved.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Flag and star for this one.

My first thoughts were blackmail type behaviour... but the infamous "they" seem to ignore documented facts.

A lot of this is focused on coal fired electricity generation. And wanting/demanding/dictating a certain amount of "renewable" energy, such as solar and wind power generation provide.

Recently, South Australia experienced a major blackout mainly because they relied too much on "renewables" for power.
Bad storm rolled in, creating no sun for solar, and wind exceeded the limit for the windmills, and boom, blackout. Wind power towers only work in a certain range of windspeed. If wind speed gets too high, they goes offline, and "feather" the blades...

Temeratures HAVE dropped. Glaciers in New Zealand are growing. Winters in the UK are earlier and harsher. Recent snowstorm in USA in the south, another example..

The biggest driver for the weather is the sun. Which has had a major slowdown in activity over time. It was one of the strangest solar maximums in memory; and is now going into its traditional 11 year cycle minimum low...

We are looking at pretty good cold spell for at least 6 or 7 years... and at the end of it, many scientists are saying the sun is looking seriously like a Maunder Minimum type spotless event is due...

So, how about slowing down, turn off the panic world wide for some drastic taxes, or horribly expensive "solutions"...

Why not wait and see what happens with the sun before moving forward with decisions, that if followed through on, could easily exaggerate a bad solar minimum; and cause world wide famine for example due to crop failures.

The carbon credit stuff is a ponzi scheme thing...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Those are really good questions.

Why aren't the elites flying coach? Why are they polluting our earth with their evil private jets, we should outlaw them. Why do so many of our finished products produced overseas and then shipped here? We should produce all of our products here stateside. No more imports unless it is raw materials that we can't find here.

Build greenhouses everywhere heated/cooled by geothermal, no more wasting fuel in shipping them across the country/world.

Politicians should be required to use public transport when available. Going back to your homestate for the holidays? Greyhounds or public busing, you know...for the children.

How much greenhouse gases are produced by our military? Time to stop that as well.

These leaches care nothing about the environment, only about their own power and money.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
when they start selling off their ocean front homes cheap I will believe it is time for climate change concern, until then I am feeling pretty good.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

You are right the answer is simply to de globalise, but that will never fit the agenda because it means a loss of control , simply because local needs are to complex for a one law fits all. The only joy I can see is people will do it anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I want to see all travel records, purchasing records and real estate records from every person that advocates this stuff.

The people that are the biggest environment crusaders like DiCaprio, Spielberg, Gore, David Suzuki ALL create more pollution in one year than probably 50 families combined.

Maybe these people should be stripped of all their wealth, earnings and property and forced to live on $50 000 a year.

You know like the people that all their harebrained schemes and taxes actually affect. These a-holes call for this stuff because a 15-20 cent hike in gasoline has absolutely no effect on their lives.

They don't feel the ramifications of the things they advocate for and never will. Hell they probably profit of it through carbon credit schemes and other cons.

I am so sick of these maggots.

Put your money where your mouths are.

No more movies Spielberg and Leo.

No more jetting off to the South of France for the weekend *insert loud mouthed celebrity here*.

No more 50ft yachts Leo.

No more 10 000 sq ft mansions.

They need to lead by example or shut the hell up.

Before they get strung up.
edit on 13-12-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

The entertainer thing really kills me. Dont get me wrong I enjoy being entertained, but if we're being real here the amount of waste that goes into entertainment and the value attached vs the value it brings to the world is the biggest middle finger I could imagine to AGW. Then consider the vast amount of distraction from addiction to entertainment. The vast majority of defenciencies amongst human are distraction based which as a collective makes us immensely inneffecient, thus further destroying the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

The carbon credit stuff is a ponzi scheme thing...

Indeed this whole Global Warming/Cutting Carbon to save the Earth is nothing more then an scam. Of course idiots like the hardcore Liberal followers would gladly believe that solution but they to will realize it in the end it was nothing more then a scam when it will hurt them financial.

The protests we had seen in France is a just small taste what will come to many Western Countries that have signed that so called Carbon tax deal.

The living costs are already to high as they are. The Carbon tax will make things alot worse for many countries, of course leftist politicians somehow don't seem to mind the suffering of Ordinary people.

Meanwhile Wealthy Neolibs,Neocons, Leftists, Right Wingers all live in luxury life styles.
edit on 13-12-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

yea right, given they have the most to loose, I bet they will contribute nothing to it either and they will lead the cry for the taxpayer to pay for it too.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Once the economics show that climate change will have a large impact on the near future and the economy then, investors will push for environmentally friendly technology. Then the conservatives will probably follow suit and drop their denial.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

yea right, given they have the most to loose, I bet they will contribute nothing to it either and they will lead the cry for the taxpayer to pay for it too.

I reckon if we "tackle climate" the correct way, it will cause a financial crash.

For example...
There must be some alternative fuel for vehicles than gasoline or electricity.
All new house builds should come with solar panels/small wind turbines.

These measures will impact the energy companies finances negatively for sure, which will impact the economy. There are many more examples.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

IF these are the ONLY choices.

I choose ending our dependence on fossil fuels.

At least that way renewable energy would grow, the tech would get better and the costs would come down.

I don't think it needs to be an ether or though.

For all we know someone will crack the fusion code and make fossil fuels obsolete. Or maybe find some other source of power we haven't thought of yet.
www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

reread the OP, hint: UN, global, elite calling carbon cuts.

No mention of partisanship

Wrong thread

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ooooooo Blackmail and Extortion.

The plot thickens....
edit on 12/14/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join