It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tackle climate or face financial crash, say world's biggest investors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
UN summit urged to end all coal burning and introduce substantial taxes on emissions

“The long-term nature of the challenge has, in our view, met a zombie-like response by many,” said Chris Newton, of IFM Investors which manages $80bn and is one of the 415 groups that has signed the Global Investor Statement. “This is a recipe for disaster as the impacts of climate change can be sudden, severe and catastrophic.” Investment firm Schroders said there could be $23tn of global economic losses a year in the long term without rapid action. This permanent economic damage would be almost four times the scale of the impact of the 2008 global financial crisis. Standard and Poor’s rating agency also warned leaders: “Climate change has already started to alter the functioning of our world.”

Another investor demand on governments is to introduce “economically meaningful” taxes on carbon. Most are below $10 per tonne, but needed to rise to up to $100 in the next decade or two, the investors said. The French president Emmanuel Macron’s botched attempt to increase fuel taxes and the gilets jaunes protests that followed were a model of how not to do it, said observers in Poland.

According to the UN and so called investors Tackle climate change through Carbon taxes on the Ordinary people this is becoming another more evidence that elites are trying to punish the ordinary people while using climate change as an excuse to push for new taxes to punish ordinary people.

Thus the protests that we had seen in France would compare to nothing when those same protests will happen everywhere.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is the UN and Globalists way of threatening a global finical crisis if they don't get what they want. Accept our Carbon Taxes or face a Global finical crisis

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So do we all nuke China? lol

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They can kiss my ass.

I am not paying for their fake climate change agenda. If they want to create a financial crash then have at it, but don’t think We the People won’t know who is responsible.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Do what we want, right now, or we're going to complain!" - UN

Nobody cares about their talks, their resolutions, their ideas, anything..... Mostly because it's all made up BS that is usually the opposite of what's going on the real world.

I'll take this "warning" with...... let's say it together....... a grain of salt and a shot of tequila. (that's my favorite saying)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sounds like a good list to hand over to special ops to mop up.

If the gov could do one thing right to stomp out the organized invasions atound the world.

These look like the guys behind it.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
They can kiss my ass.

I am not paying for their fake climate change agenda. If they want to create a financial crash then have at it, but don’t think We the People won’t know who is responsible.

So when the global economy does crash (inevitable) they are now on record saying that it is because of climate change.

Although to "fix" that, they are advocating a solution which will crash the global economy.

Win/win for the globalists...

Good thing that in America we have a nationalist in charge for the next 6 years...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
or, 'bail us rich corporations out'. Put the cost on the common man.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2018 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

And EITHER choice gets "them" even more of OUR $$$... Those of Us in the U.S. are still smarting over the last Presidential Erection when the "winner" was given a built-in excuse of "lesser of 2 evils" Well, why are We 'settling'?

Wait, is this before/after Al Gore gives back the $450Million He siphoned off the top?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"TIME OUT"

Will a new apple™ phone be rolled out so as to keep Our attention diverted?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's time to turn the un building into a homeless shelter

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The problem is we have already wasted so much time politicizing climate change instead of innovating, developing new technologies to meet the challenge of clean energy. You just can't decimate energy production and transit and replace it with well wishes, flip flops and bicycles -- it doesn't work that way. The people who think it does are the ones that need to get serious about tackling climate change. Go back to the drawing board and come up with real solutions. Death and taxes aren't going to solve anything.

So tired of these garbage people and their unwillingness to think forward.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It won't be climate change that causes the financial crash.

www.forbes.com...
edit on 13-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Physics and chemistry have limitations.
That's the wall we are up against.
There is no viable replacement for coal at this time except nuclear. Good luck pushing that one.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'd like to see where every penny went that has already been spent on Climate change. Give us a little accountability at least because it seems the money just disappears into a vacuum to never be seen again.

Who is getting the money?
How much of that money are they getting?
Where are the receipts from those who got the money to prove it was spent to fight climate change?
edit on 13-12-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Meanwhile I'll stick my head in the sand and ignore obvious signs of climate change.

I'd highly recommend watching From Paris to Pittsburgh. There are many obvious advantages of embracing alternative fuel sources rather than just trying to debunk something that is obvious to people paying attention.

Climate numbers are real. If you wonder if the climate is changing just ask the Navy about how much money they are having to spend to continue to be able to use Norfolk. Like it or not, climate is changing, oceans are rising. There is a tremendous economic transformation that can take place if we just pay attention. If we don't not only will there be dire consequences but we will lag economically behind countries that embrace innovation around alternative fuels.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have a simpler solution.

Tax mosques, synagogues and churches. It's their own fault for not praying hard enough to stop climate change. The Vatican alone could probably foot the whole bill.

Get the Rothchilds to pony up the money. They've got plenty to spare. Just go in and seize their assets. I'm sure there's some sort of civil asset forfeiture laws that would apply.

Have the central banks donate the money. If they have enough money to loan to countries, then they have more than the average person they want to tax. They have to live on the planet too, right?

One question, though. Who is getting this money and how does it stop climate change? Do they just throw cash in the air and that blocks the sun's rays?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If there is another a financial crisis this soon after the last, the UN will not get paid.

Do it. Make it hurt. Motivate us.

No more taxes.
edit on 12 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yes, I can see the normal common people revolting everywhere because they are paying for this and the money is not actually doing anything to stop climate change. It is lining the pockets of the elite and paying for their trips all over to talk about this scam.

Do the elite think all of us are stupid? Sure we are causing changes because of our polution, but most of the problem stems from the elites ventures at making us believe we need things we want so they can profit yet.

Tax the airlines to stop all the traveling all over, tax the hell out of the people destroying the rainforest to make new fields to profit from. Remember, it is the business buying the products produced at those places that actually cause the destruction of the rainforest, not the ones cutting the trees.

Put a hundred thousand dollar tax on trips to Africa to hunt game, a thousand dollar tax on cruise ship trips, three hundred dollar tax on a two way plane fare, and if the planes are going to Europe from the US or vise versa, it should be a thousand dollar tax. Tax the hell out of the chemical companies that cause all the polution because of the pushing of unnatural chemicals in the fields and in the foods we consume.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join