It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Relic?!
I don't like getting up when it is dark, simple as.
I don't mind going home in darkness.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Relic?!
I don't like getting up when it is dark, simple as.
I don't mind going home in darkness.

Change the time you get up then.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I do!
I'm self employed.
...are we really arguing about the clock change thing now lol, I know we argue but really, come on.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would be happy to run with GMT. No changing clocks. As I get up at 0500 on some days it's a bit of a "who gives a toss" when it's dark outside.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

My only real issue would be with sending the kids to school when it's still rather dark, as it's not always feasible, or even possible, to drop them at the school door.

Then again its an issue the now that you simply have to deal with and after all thats what streetlights are for.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It was brought up as yet another supposed nefarious scheme of the EU.

However you are right that this is what debates have become. Not the affect on the economy or where political power should lie.

Let's talk daylight savings time and light bulbs...

Both sides are as bad as each other.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Loving the off topic it has gone lol

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

All i know is that nothing ever flourishes and prospers under the conservatives, except the rich and the landed gentry.

So after Brexit it's hardly lightly to be May's vision of a strong and stable garden of roses for the majority of our people, especially in the short term.
edit on 17-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don't like getting up when it is dark

You know you can see a lot further in the dark than in the daytime, Right?

As an ex nightshift worker (15 years) amateur spaceologist and wild camper, I love the Dark. It allows us to see deep into the past. It allows us to see the fires from distant Suns that may have died out millions if not billions of years ago. Awesome. Daytimes for poofs.

edit on 17-12-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I would be happy to run with GMT. No changing clocks. As I get up at 0500 on some days it's a bit of a "who gives a toss" when it's dark outside.

Well back in 1968-71 the government decided not to move the clocks school children had to be issued with flourescent arm bands but after accidents and problems caused clock change was brought back

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Back on topic, the answer to the first question in the thread tile is "yes, please leave immediately", to the second it's "no". So that's sorted.

Next?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

All i know is that nothing ever flourishes and prospers under the conservatives, except the rich and the landed gentry.

Eh? Conservative governments consistently grow the economy. Look at now - totally divided nation, leaving the EU, massive uncertainty - and still have record levels of employment.

I think you may need to take those Red tinted glasses off!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yes, and Labour under Gordon Brown did such a great job of growing our economy. Oh - no he didn't, did he?- He completely shafted it.
edit on 18-12-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

and still have record levels of employment.

working 1 hour a fortnight on a zero hour contract is not employment, no matter how they try to spin it. Unemployment is in the high millions once you factor in zero hour contracts and those sanctioned, those on workfare and sick and disabled etc. probably around 8 million.

Record levels my arse, They fudge the numbers to make themselves look good. LIARS!.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So, if people are off work because they are sick or disabled, that's the fault of the evil Tories, is it?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I'm saying they are lying about unemployment figures. by a huge margin.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes, I know. Got any evidence/figures?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

"record levels of employment"

I call bullcrap on there doctored figures and statistics.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's the thing, previously i have known a fair few unemployed people. These days, i only know a couple of unemployed - and they are due to laziness / bad life choices rather than because of a lack of jobs. Obviously though, some areas will be better than others as that is always the case, regardless of the health of the economy.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Plenty of work available just ask any eastern European. Lazy Brits just don't want to do it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join