It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Something we all agree upon - increased devolution for all the regions.

Only what I posted was Westminster taking back 24 devolved powers, that we/Scotland voted for in 97, back under their control. Read the link, Look at the 24 powers they are planning on taking back, Agriculture and fishing are just some. Apparently, we are too stupid to handle the responsibility without the EU nursemaiding us.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd go for regions as well, the South West has Bristol, Exeter, and Plymouth...and Truro, but well, you know, not too big lol.
We all have different societies and issues, tourism here, heavy industry up your way.
Even London has more power than the regions. A London style fee to cross the Tamar bridge in Summer would raise a fortune from tourists. Let people apply for discounted fees by sending a form out in the post then no discrimination against tourists because they could have applied in advance. Obviously making the process a phone call, letter with a form to fill in, and a reply envelope is a ball ache so tourists won't bother, they'll pay the high bridge toll.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes I know.....and I'm as against it as you are.....and I'm perfectly willing to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't happen, but....

What are YOU going to do about it?

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm all in favour of either a North East or Northern Assembly.

We had a vote on one a few years ago and the vast majority voted against it.

It was the most one-sided, heavily weighted campaigns I've ever witnessed or even heard of.

I think after witnessing the IndyRef and Brexit campaigns I can honestly say that if one was to be held some time in the near future those in favour of a N.E. Assembly would run a far more professional and positive campaign than before.

I like the sound of The Federal Republic of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.....who knows, even Southern Ireland would grow to like it....How ironic would that be?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: djz3ro
Haha you nut!
Regional dialect, it's called Harris fencing down here.
...what you gonna do about the snipers and UK border force though? You are kind of outnumbered lol

We'll bribe the border force with Wiskey and the legally grown cannabis we'll be allowed after independence. Kinda screwed for the snipers though haha

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Lmao! Border force are Crown servants, easy to bribe...snipers not so much lol.
Imagine a hard border between us, it would cost a fortune to run for us both.
I'm happy for free trade with yous if you ever left the UK.
Same deal Rep.Ireland people have special status in the UK...it's not like we can stop being neighbours lol
EDIT
We share the same island ffs, playing nice is the way forward.

edit on 17-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We in the North East would veto any Indy vote for Scotland unless a soft border was guaranteed.

There's a number of established 'trade' agreements that could be compromised otherwise.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well we have evil SNP to contend with also.

I mean have you came across Sturgeons own beautiful vibrant constituency of Govanhill?

Seems to me the Evil Tories have somewhat of a franchise where politics are concerned.

"As for Scotland, I propose that we build a wall"

Suppose that's one idea to create employment after Brexit, probably go down like a lead balloon all the same, reading both sides, unless it's around London.

edit on 17-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Technically Hadrian already beat you to that ludicrous notion quite some time ago.

Did not stop much back then, certainly would not stop much in this day of age.

Just wait till a right good summer happens again and the greater part of middle England might be hoping for a water pipe through that nonsensical fictional wall that we most definitely would not be paying for.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Haha I get ya!!!

Seriously though, there will never be a hard border option with Scotland, nobody wants that, but the EU may pull a hissy like they are doing with the NI border issue.
It doesn't make sense to me, the tens of thousands of Spanish folk who work in Gibraltar every day will still have a job, compromise is all...but the UK needs to be spanked to discourage others.
I knew that when I voted leave.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
We outnumber you mate, you'd lose.
I know that sounds harsh but it is true, and why Scotland can vote as many MP's as they like but will not be expected to form a government. Numbers is all.
My gang is bigger than your gang thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Lose what?

The Tory gang is bigger than ""your gang"" also, at least on paper and in the bank.

So who would you be fighting is a tangible query?

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was thinking more like one estate fighting the boys from the estate next door lol.
Politics would be better if it was like watching MMA.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Cornwall has estates?

I thought most of it was all beachfront properties, amusements, and cake shops?

They must be up the back end?

Cornwalls estates have got Tories in them with big gates, CCTV and private security on beck and call have they not?

But if its estates you are after, take Glasgow's Castlemilk for instance, which is one of the largest in Europe, and full of rather a few crazy bastards that think the word Brexit means fighting talk for chip money. LoL

I don't think that would be much of a fight, more like a slaughter, with confiscation of quite a few pasties as spoils of war, coz, after all, they are indeed smashing.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Haha we have social housing, not much, more like a few streets here and there.
We do have lots of 'cheap' rented areas though, plenty of poverty down here, just being by the sea it ain't so bad.
Warmer as well, cheaper heating bills.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

House im in the now is atrocious for heating bills, gas, and lecky.

Gas central heating and double glazing but because its a private Let and not exactly up to the same spec as the council/housing association stock it just seems murder to heat.

Ok gaff all the same but i imagine Cornwall is indeed the rather desirable place to live.

I love the sea, be great to just move away from all the hustle and bustle of city life, but the world spins, and weans and all that jazz, be different if i had the money.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would actually die if I lived up your way, when I see the temps in the weather forecast I shudder every winter.
"Built from Gir'ders" you lot lol

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Here is another example of what those tossers in the EU are like.

EU seeks to scrap seasonal clock changes in 2019

They want to do that cause it's ok for central Europe but would mean it's dark till aroung 10 am in the far North.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

They want to do that cause it's ok for central Europe but would mean it's dark till aroung 10 am in the far North.

Oh my god. How we going to survive.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

The EU can go # itself, winter is crap enough as it is, we need the clock change.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You do know the clock change doesn't actually generate anymore day light don't you?

It's a relic of work cycles that no longer apply.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join