It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Don't disagree with any of that.

"Instead of bickering about the things that divide us we need to focus on the many, many things that unite us and get rid of the scum who seek to control and divide us."

Doing so legally might present somewhat of a challenge all the same as "They" are bound to take umbrage at being ousted from there ivory castles, bound up and swung by the neck from a lamp post.

Obviously, that's to be taken somewhat tongue in cheek, but the fact of the matter remains the United Kingdom is never going to gain control and remove the bastards destroying this nation for profit to line there own pockets by simply playing politics.

End of the day something has to give really before it ends up like Paris, which, to be honest, might not be a bad thing per-say, because nobody is really listening even if the majority of us are now paying attention where Brexit is concerned.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Anger can be power my friend.

Why should we continue to sit back and accept things as they are?

People are dumbed down....there is the wherewithal to enlighten them.

As long as people say and believe nothing will change then obviously nothing will....be the change you want to see.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I just want to see my weans grow up with similar, or preferably better, opportunities than my own generation.

Be nice if there were places for our 300,000 homeless, should they care to reside in a house and have a job.

Be even better if we stooped all this minimum wage, zero hour contract bull crap and started paying our workforce in line with the cost of living.

Propper funding for the NHS and end to its privatization wound not go amiss nether.

None of the above issues are ever going to be addressed in any kind of meaningful manner whilst the Tories remain at the helm of our nation, and chances are Labour would not fix the mess nether, so what are the people to do really?

I'm happy just to be treading water to be honest.

The change i want to see will never come without blood, its the price we pay for revolution, because that what it would take to oust and expel those bastards.

Anyway enough doom and gloom and mad rants from the likes of me, I'm off to my kip, it's my boy's birthday today, and come 7am he will be way more effective than the alarm. LoL

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I already explained earlier that Westminster has all their ducks in a row now, They are about to shut down the Scottish parliament. Why do you think they are building a brand new "Scottish Office" in Edinburgh.? Any and all meaningful devolved powers (no laughing at the back) will be removed from the Scottish parliament.

WATCH THIS SPACE...

I fear you may be right. That new building in Edinburgh is a new orifice, no that's not a typo, it's the new ar$€hol£, ready and willing for the fist of Westminster to be rammed into it...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
There's always been a 'Scottish Office', it's just a new building.
There will be no dilution of devolved powers, heck even I'd disagree with that and join you in protest.
I may be a prick sometimes but I support democracy, and any attempt to dilute powers for Scotland I'd fight.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

How do these reforms re zero hour contracts etc square with your "Evil Tories" viewpoint?

BBC:Workplace Reforms "Will Protect Gig Economy"

As for Scotland, I propose that we build a wall......

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Build a wall and make Scotland pay for it from their oil money lol
I hope they do leave, be funny listening to them whinge about the EU instead of England.

...hang on, there's a wall already thanks to Hadrian, just stick some Harris fencing on it and snipers every hundred yards or so.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You mean "our oil money", I believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Haha, I can think of at least 3 Jock members on ATS who would disagree passionately!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hadrians Wall just needs a bit of repointing and it’ll be good as new.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Possession is 9/10ths of the law, as I'm sure our learned friend will acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You are of course correct. My fee for this advice is 10 guineas.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I just want to see my weans grow up with similar, or preferably better, opportunities than my own generation.

A sentiment that is common to most of mankind....which is something we should remind ourselves about far more often than we do.

Be nice if there were places for our 300,000 homeless, should they care to reside in a house and have a job.

There are more than ample empty residences throughout the UK to house more than double that amount, solving one may go hand in hand with helping solve the other.

Its not hard.

Be even better if we stooped all this minimum wage, zero hour contract bull crap and started paying our workforce in line with the cost of living.

A decent days pay for a decent days work, that's all most folks want.
I earned more in the eighties working on The Tees than the vast majority of skilled and manual workers do now - absolutely criminal.

Blair's Minimum Wage helped cripple and hold back the 'working class'.

Propper funding for the NHS and end to its privatization wound not go amiss nether.

Most definitely....along with professional management, elimination of the obscene levels of unnecessary waste, bribery etc.

None of the above issues are ever going to be addressed in any kind of meaningful manner whilst the Tories remain at the helm of our nation,....

Of course not, but the alternative is far too ridiculous for consideration.

....... and chances are Labour would not fix the mess nether, so what are the people to do really?

Labour's desertion of the working class and obsession with all things PC would absolutely destroy this country....they are even more of a threat than the bastard Tories....what a complete and utter # state of affairs!

The change i want to see will never come without blood, its the price we pay for revolution, because that what it would take to oust and expel those bastards.

Perhaps the time is approaching where we have to stand up for what we believe in?

Anyway enough doom and gloom and mad rants from the likes of me,.....

I've found that beer, the pub and a bit of craic is a wonderful distraction from the doom and gloom.

... it's my boy's birthday today, and come 7am he will be way more effective than the alarm. LoL

I know that feeling all too well.

Happy birthday to the bairn.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
There's always been a 'Scottish Office', it's just a new building.
There will be no dilution of devolved powers, heck even I'd disagree with that and join you in protest.
I may be a prick sometimes but I support democracy, and any attempt to dilute powers for Scotland I'd fight.

That's the Cornish I'm getting to know snd love :

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Here ye go.
FRAMEWORKS ANALYSIS: BREAKDOWN OF AREAS OF EU LAW THAT INTERSECT WITH DEVOLVED COMPETENCE IN SCOTLAND, WALES AND NORTHERN IRELAND

edit on 17-12-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Haha! Honestly mate, I'd protest for you guys if there was even a sniff of devolution being diluted, same for Wales.
NI is an odd one because they still can't form a legislative assembly due to their bickering, I'll leave them fight it out themselves like they always have.
I think we should have a federal style of government in the UK anyway, everything devolved except defence and foreign relations...and an English Parliament. That pesky West Lothian question is annoying to any English person who understands politics.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I hope they do leave, be funny listening to them whinge about the EU instead of England.

...hang on, there's a wall already thanks to Hadrian, just stick some Harris fencing on it and snipers every hundred yards or so.

Aye, we'd be building the wall and making England pay for it, actually scrap that if you leave the EU and we go I dependant the wall would be to keep you lot out, ha ha

And don't be daft. Do you know how many scafdolders and crew there are in Scotland, we'd just get everyone with a scaff key or podger down there and that Heras Fencing (Harris Fencing must be a Cornish equivalent) would be down on half an hour. I could do it myself in about 48 hours ha ha

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Like I said, if devolution is threatened to be watered down then I'll come protesting with you, keep us posted on any shady dealings regarding that.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Haha you nut!
Regional dialect, it's called Harris fencing down here.
...what you gonna do about the snipers and UK border force though? You are kind of outnumbered lol

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Something we all agree upon - increased devolution for all the regions.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join