It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Wales couldn't survive as a sovereign nation, it needs England.

Why is it, according to you, every other country in the UK needs England. I see it the other way around. Take away London, the dirty money laundering capital of the world, and you're #ed. Wales will find it's own 2 feet.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If I was Sturgeon I'd call a second referendum, I reckon you'd win it this time, do it in January that would put the cat amongst the pigeons for sure.

Won't happen.

Actually with parliamentary rules it would be pretty much impossible for a second referendum on Scottish independence before march 29th.

It would probably be easier for the Scottish government to get indy-ref 2 to pass after a no-deal Brexit because of the crap that it will plunge us into. The Scottish government could say they will go all in with the EU and it might just be enough to get it to pass this time.

Thats only if they somehow manage to secure assurances from the EU that they could join up.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I already explained earlier that Westminster has all their ducks in a row now, They are about to shut down the Scottish parliament. Why do you think they are building a brand new "Scottish Office" in Edinburgh.? Any and all meaningful devolved powers (no laughing at the back) will be removed from the Scottish parliament.

WATCH THIS SPACE...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
A few sheep farmers and a steel industry which is barely making a profit.
Wales needs the dirty London cash same as England does.
What are you whining about anyway? I support Scottish independence, do one, leave sooner than later.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

They are about to shut down the Scottish parliament

No they're really not......

Why do you think they are building a brand new "Scottish Office" in Edinburgh.?

Well they are doing it so they can move all staff onto one site and its part of a program of long term spending reduction. Its got naff- all to do with shutting down the Scottish parliament. There already is a Scottish office in Edinburgh its just being rehoused and they are consolidating all offices onto one site.

The Scotland office isn't some new government position its the home for the Scottish Secretary a position that has been about in one form or another for years.

Again nothing to do with shutting down government.

Do you have any actual evidence that they are going to shut down the Scottish parliament???

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Scotland and NI can do one as far as I'm concerned. No skin off my back.

You support the voice of these nations being negated via non democratic rules to bolster your own belief system.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro
Haha! You just whinge so much about being in the UK, well maybe not you but your country folk, I'm sick of it and would rather you left the UK now.
Nothing against any Scottish people just the whinging independence folk, leave, have another referendum and do one so my country can move on and y'all can moan about the EU instead of England.
NI is just a mess which the UK could do without, reunify with Ireland and stop being a financial drain on the UK, be Irelands problem...that would suit me fine.

If all of Northern Ireland wanted to leave I would agree, you might not have noticed but that's not the case.

I know how you feel though, I often feel the same when Cornish people seem to think they should be viewed as a separate entity, but I'm sure you feel the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

edit on 16-12-2018 by uncommitted because: Deleted as it didn't reflect the post I was responding to.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: toysforadults
For saying your ancestors come from Ulster and you want a union!!!!! obviously your relatives were Catholic (IRA). let me put this straight about NI. I have worked there quite a lot among the "natives" and I have family in NI. The majority of NI voters are Royalist, Protestants. Which want to stay in the union with Britain. The minority of voter are Catholics, which is the basis of the IRA, wanting the union with the south.
So with a straight vote NI will never join with the South.
As an aside everybody thinks the peace process in NI was down to negotiations. Think Again. Peace only came about because the UK went into the EU therefore totally negating the IRAs call for union with the south as joining the EU and the South already in the EU their rallying cry was moot.

Is there a reason you say Catholics were the basis for the IRA but don't mention a large number of paramilitary groups such as the UDA that were protestant based?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

They can all do one in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

More borderline racism CornishCeltGuy?

Have you ever considered a career in politics? LoL

You might be the Man to sort this whole mess out, i don't know how welcome that would be all the same, considering its most lightly by design.

Tell you this, it will all end in tears, poor peoples tears that is.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

They can all do one in my opinion.

I'd commend you on your eloquence if you showed any.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I am from Scotland and YOU are making to many assumptions, first I voted to leave, I can't stand the SNP and I think the EU has turned itself into the 4th REICH they are trying to do what Germany failed to do in 2 World Wars.

So what do you say to that

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Don't be too offended.

CornishCeltGuy obviously likes the big broad-strokes to go with his big UKIP Paintbrush.

It's like watching a child paint by numbers, to be honest. LoL
edit on 16-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Eh? I only voted UKIP to force a referendum, I would never vote for them again.
I'm not a total twat lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I say welcome to the fold brother.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's at least somewhat reassuring.

Says a lot about our current political playing field through when you decide or have to vote for a shower of twats like that to get your point across or be herd.

Just remember where Scotland is concerned it's not England we have a problem with but Westminster and the Tories that get our hackles raised.

Hardly the rest of the U.K per-say we have an issue with but simply that shower of bastards who present the dilemma.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The vast majority of us in the 'regions' have an issue with the complete twats that infest Westminster and the system they represent and seek to maintain at 'our' cost.

Its the ordinary, everyday people of these islands that make us great and we all have far more in common than what divides us.

The elites play their games and seek to divide us at every opportunity, its up to us to stand up and stand united and make a stand and make them realise we are not prepared to take it any more.

As long as they play their games of power and let them control us and we bitch and bicker they win....its time we stand together and tell the political elites that we aren't going to take it any more and force positive change and transform this UNION into something we deserve and something we can ALL be proud of.

There is a strength in us that can not be defeated, we need to rediscover it and stand tall and proud together.

edit on 16/12/18 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And for the record, I'm a passionate Englishman who is also immensely proud of being part of a union with the greatest people on earth.

I'm also nominally Catholic whose Grandparents were all from County Kerry.

Instead of bickering about the things that divide us we need to focus on the many, many things that unite us and get rid of the scum who seek to control and divide us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join