It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
The majority of UK people who voted decided to leave. 13 million people were too lazy to vote but the majority who did voted leave.
Unlucky, get over it.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: purplemer
The majority of UK people who voted decided to leave. 13 million people were too lazy to vote but the majority who did voted leave.
Unlucky, get over it.

You often find out more about someone by the questions they refuse to answer. You answered like a true British Politician. You would rather negate the results of entire nations than admit that you are wrong.

As I stated and it still remains the case the simplest and most democratic method of sorting this mess out would be regional independence democracy.

I will ask the question again that you keep alluding to answer. Do you want democracy or not.?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
I will ask the question again that you keep alluding to answer. Do you want democracy or not.?

We had democracy, the majority of people who could be arsed voted to leave the EU. 13 million lazy bastards who couldn't be arsed to vote missed the boat.
WTF was undemocratic about "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?" in that referendum? Made perfect sense to me, in or out, but now you are crying about it. Pathetic and lame.
EDIT
Typical whinging Jock. You lost the referendum, unlucky babe.
edit on 15-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Thank you for stating the voices of entire nations should be silenced so that you can hold onto an idea. What you define as democracy is not democratic its mob rule.

Brexit will cause the break up of the UK and thats a good thing as far as I am concerned. I dont like the idea of being ruled over by politicians with the same ideals that you have. People that put their ideals infront of the voice of the people.

Its happened in the past with disastrous consequence.

:-)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Thank you for stating the voices of entire nations should be silenced so that you can hold onto an idea. What you define as democracy is not democratic its mob rule.

Brexit will cause the break up of the UK and thats a good thing as far as I am concerned. I dont like the idea of being ruled over by politicians with the same ideals that you have. People that put their ideals infront of the voice of the people.

Its happened in the past with disastrous consequence.

:-)

Scotland and NI can do one as far as I'm concerned. No skin off my back.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Scotland should be an independent nation.

I think that Scotland is actually a lot like Korea.
It is a small country, vast in natural resources.

Many have tried to take over, change the country, change the people, many many times over the centuries,
but it has never worked.

There is just something about the culture and heart of these people that you can't deny.

The midgie isn’t a natural resource!

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Attention Please

This is getting way to personal. There are limits, even in the Mud Pit. Please continue, but color inside the lines.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Seriously, the Scots are whining that they want to be part of the EU and adopt the Euro currency, Ireland/NI are the biggest problem for Brexit regarding border control, so I say go, walk out the door, don't turn around now, coz you ain't welcome anymore.

Tongue in cheek maybe, but England and Wales will survive quite happily without either nation. Smaller country of course but there are many other smaller countries enjoying life as not part of the EU political union.

So do one Scotland, I won't miss you, and NI will no longer be a #ing drain on the UK budget.
#MakeEnglandAndWalesGreatAgain

It's about time the English confiscation of parts of Ireland comes to an end.

90% of the oil reserves are in Scottish waters, and it's about time Scotland rids itself of the expense called England.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's looking more and more likely that Scotland will be headed for a Catalan type situation. Westminster has no intention of granting Scotland a section 30 order so the Scottish government will have no other option but to call a referendum without, "England's permission".

Westminster will then either re-write the Scotland bill or close down the Scottish parliament and repatriate all of Scotland's business back to London until such times as the Scottish office, headed by Weasel Mundell, is up and running.

if you were paying attention to the high court last week (12th Dec and EVEL vote) you would have noticed the plan was put in place to do so. They are already one vote away from doing it. You heard it here first.

We could see the SNP doing one of two things this week, Either calling for and setting a date for Indyref 2 before March 29 and or a recall of Scottish MP from London. My heart says Indyref 2, my head tells me sturgeon will hold out until she knows wtf is happening with Brexit.

If May keeps delaying the vote as she did last week until nearer March 29 then Sturgeon will be sailing too close to the wind imo. We simply can't wait until after we have left the EU. Hence the reason I said we have to make the move this week.

This is it Scotland. You're with us or stuck with them forever. Scotland will simply be another county council of England. Forever.

edit on 16-12-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That will be an interesting turn of events.
Be crazy if Brexit does break up the UK.
...assuming you Jocks actually have the balls to vote for it of course. I'll believe it when I see it lol

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
May you also please include Wales as most of us have had our fill of the apathy displayed by those across the border!!

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

The Welsh need to find their voice again. How Plaid Cymru can't seem to beat Labour at the polls is beyond me. The Labour party are nothing but Red Tories. I would say Red Tories in disguise but they don't even try to hide it now.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well actually the Welsh assembly have also voted down the Breixt plan and pretty much all of London voted to remain in the UK so how about we take Wales and London with us leave you lot with Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and a few other crime ridden cities along with some farm land.

I get that you're not being serious with this proposal but I think when I look through your posts OP in threads regarding Brexit you need to accept that although we voted as a country huge parts of the country voted remain and that has to be taken into account. What you're proposing just won't happen, I don't think Scotland are going to get indyref:2 any time soon because of Brexit, NI is never going to join up with the republic because, well lets face it we endured decades of violence over that.

Again I get that you're joking but when I read your posts on this subject I cannot help but think that perhaps a little bit of you does think this could be the solution, to rip up the union. Well its not, the reality is that we are right now one united kingdom that is very divided over the issue of Brexit and thats not going to be changing any time soon so we need to acknowledge in the debate that Scotland, London and Ireland wanted to remain.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle
Wales voted to leave the EU.
Wales couldn't survive as a sovereign nation, it needs England or subsidies as a region of the EU.
As far as I am aware there are no serious calls in Wales for independence.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"A few other crime ridden cities and some farmland" Lmfao!
...actually did laugh at that 👍

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

We could see the SNP doing one of two things this week, Either calling for and setting a date for Indyref 2 before March 29 and or a recall of Scottish MP from London. My heart says Indyref 2, my head tells me sturgeon will hold out until she knows wtf is happening with Brexit.

I don't think think either will happen.

Even if we won a second referendum it would not mean automatically joining up to the EU.

I also don't think she will recall her MPs because I honestly do suspect that its possible right now behind closed doors the opposition parties are in talks to oust the Torries and collaborate together to establish a government of national unity with a shared vision of Brexit that could include a second vote. If that does happen then the SNP will be poised to then use it as a platform to really go hard with Indyref:2.

I could be wrong but after watching the SNP in parliament the other day I think the last thing they are going to do is pull there MPs. Just wouldn't make sense, would actually make it easier for may to pass her Brexit plan.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Even if we won a second referendum it would not mean automatically joining up to the EU.

The main goal is independence for Scotland.

As for Europe, we will be welcomed with open arms and given special dispensation until we rejoin the EU. Scotland already meets every criterion for joining the EU anyway. There will be no barriers. The Spanish government will be told to reign it's neck in and suck it up by the other 26 members.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If I was Sturgeon I'd call a second referendum, I reckon you'd win it this time, do it in January that would put the cat amongst the pigeons for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Honestly I can appreciate you might believe that but in my opinion it won't happen any time soon.

I would vote for independence right now but I know its just not the right time, its also a big "if" on the Spanish behaving themselves because they have a vested interest in Scotland remaining part of the UK and out of the EU as a independent entity.

What I think will happen is that something (don't know what) is going to reverse Brexit and then a few years down the line if there is the right political climate for it we will get another vote on independence but its not going to happen any time soon.

I could be wrong but time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join