It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Sorry mate, as long as I have breath in my body I will never, ever support abandoning Northern Ireland.

As long as the majority of people in Ulster wish to remain in the UK they will, this is non-negotiable.

Prior to this Brexit debacle support for remaining in the UK was actually growing in NI, even in traditional Nationalist areas.

Scotland had their chance, they voted to remain in the UK and so they will, for now.

Sure, we hear Scots whine on here on ATS but talk to Scots in real life and the majority are quite content being in the UK....its just London and the leeches in Westminster they dislike....who can blame them as they are hardly alone in that!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
It was a tongue in cheek thread to be fair, anyone who wants to remain in the UK is welcome in my mind.
...but they are welcome to leave if they choose to.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I know the thread was meant as a bit of a laugh.....but most of the Johnny Foreigners, and the expected Scot, wouldn't realise that.

Personally I'd like to see London and the Home Counties surgically removed from the UK, towed somewhere far, far away and left to rot.
Then the rest of us could get on living happily ever after in eternal peace and harmony.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Keep Sussex though, I like Brighton, chilled city.
...maybe Kent as well, some nice places on the coast there.
London though, total dump, but the sad fact is that the financial services sector there pays much of the UK's bills so we kind of need it.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Especially for those pesky Irish that were starved to death.

/Sarcasm

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon
WTF has the potato famine got to do with this thread?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
For saying your ancestors come from Ulster and you want a union!!!!! obviously your relatives were Catholic (IRA). let me put this straight about NI. I have worked there quite a lot among the "natives" and I have family in NI. The majority of NI voters are Royalist, Protestants. Which want to stay in the union with Britain. The minority of voter are Catholics, which is the basis of the IRA, wanting the union with the south.
So with a straight vote NI will never join with the South.
As an aside everybody thinks the peace process in NI was down to negotiations. Think Again. Peace only came about because the UK went into the EU therefore totally negating the IRAs call for union with the south as joining the EU and the South already in the EU their rallying cry was moot.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
As an aside everybody thinks the peace process in NI was down to negotiations. Think Again. Peace only came about because the UK went into the EU therefore totally negating the IRAs call for union with the south as joining the EU and the South already in the EU their rallying cry was moot.

Peace came about because the IRA were on the verge of being snubbed out following a change of tactics by the British. The Irish Republicans under Sein Fein were dragged the negotiation table. That and the Good Friday Agreement, which had sod all to do with the EU. It is a bi-lateral agreement between the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The EU are only involved because they seem to have taken over the Republic. Ireland joined the EU at the same time as the UK (1973).

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes my family is a Roman Catholic. My great grand parents are from Ulster Ireland and my grandmother was adamant about this topic.

edit on 14-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Scots don't want to be part of the UK but do want to be part of the EU.
The Protestant Northern Irish want to remain in the UK and not be part of the EU.

Easy solution, let them swap houses. Jeanette Kranky, Alex Salmond and those other SNP loons can go live in NI, all the DUP lot can live in Scotland and everyone's a winner!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I left out that historically the northern Irish have been fighting off Anglo Saxon and British people throughout history.

But I mean between the Saxon tribes and Brits its all the same group of people really.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Actually the Saxons only really took England, the Celtic parts of the country weren't conquered by the Saxons, the Celts were the original British Citizens

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JameSimon
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Especially for those pesky Irish that were starved to death.

/Sarcasm

That isn't what I meant at all. I believe that all the UK nations (Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English) should be self-governing. I am an Englishman and support sovereign nations.
edit on 14/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Not true.

www.wesleyjohnston.com...

Also Nial of nine hostages is said to have married a Saxon kings daughter

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Your link speaks of vikings not saxons.
Saxons mostly took England, the Celtic nations survived quite well.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales all voted to stay along with London. You want democracy. Lets have it. Let the three nations and the super city stay in the united kingdom and the rest of England can go. Really the best thing that could happen would be England leave the UK.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Wales voted to leave the EU get your facts right.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Wales voted to leave the EU get your facts right.

The fact does remain it would be easier for England to leave the United Kingdom. Do you not agree with democratic process.?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
England and Wales voted to leave the EU.
It's up to Scotland and NI to # off if they don't like the majority vote.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
England and Wales voted to leave the EU.
It's up to Scotland and NI to # off if they don't like the majority vote.

No London voted to stay. Lets not negate the voice of millions. Scotland and Northern Island voted to stay. Lets have some real regional independence democracy and sort this mess out.

Independence for Scotland, Northern Ireland, London and Northern Island. The middle bit of England can go its own way lets see how well you will fair.

Thats regional democracy. The only fair way out of this mess. Is democracy not your thing
:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join