It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You obviously don't get the point I have paid into the system for 40 years the couple I spoke about didn't work rent paid for them car paid for them then they boast to others about going on holiday to Florida a resort hotel 2 years in the trot when the averadge person working may have , paying for everything themselves have to save a couple of years to have a similar holiday.

Everbody should have housing, food , healthcare and an education a holiday to Florida while others pay for it is not a human right neither is a full sky package or money for the bingo etc.

I am off work just know due to health what do I get sweet F A although I have paid tax & national insurance for 40 years but I have made plans to cover that unlike others that expect everything done & paid for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Maybe those other people could not or did not have the luxury of being able to put such plans in place for a multitude of socioeconomic reasons?

That's why we have social safety nets mate.

I get the point just fine, you don't like people who are unemployed boasting about there Florida holidays as it irks you somewhat.

Good for you for putting such plans in place, but don't hate the player's mate, hate the game.

Consider also everyone pays into "There" system via national insurance contributions whilst they work or otherwise.

edit on 19-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
I nearly took an illness insurance policy out last year, kicking myself that I didn't now, it would cover the bills.
I'm managing to work a couple of days a week to make ends but it ain't easy...not complaining though, it is what it is, and my medical treatment is covered by taxes I've paid over the years from age 16.

...the NHS seems one of the things we all agree about Scots and English. I can't imagine having medical bills on top of loss of income, I'd have been ruined this year if I had to pay for all the treatment I've had, drugs, scans, heart monitor etc.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join