It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland should leave the UK and NI should reunite with Ireland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Seriously, the Scots are whining that they want to be part of the EU and adopt the Euro currency, Ireland/NI are the biggest problem for Brexit regarding border control, so I say go, walk out the door, don't turn around now, coz you ain't welcome anymore.

Tongue in cheek maybe, but England and Wales will survive quite happily without either nation. Smaller country of course but there are many other smaller countries enjoying life as not part of the EU political union.

So do one Scotland, I won't miss you, and NI will no longer be a #ing drain on the UK budget.
#MakeEnglandAndWalesGreatAgain

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Tell us how you really feel lol.

That said, from an outsider looking in, giving Ireland independence and NI would most likely solve the border issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Indeed. The Irish Sea is a perfect border and has worked for thousands of years.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Lol, it would put an end to whinging Scots on ATS blaming everything wrong with their country on England, that alone attracts me to the idea.
Do one, leave the UK, adopt the Euro currency, won't affect my life for sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

#mewga

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Indeed. The Irish Sea is a perfect border and has worked for thousands of years.

The only reason I didn't say it with absolute certainty is because depending how the deal would transpire, there may be bad blood.

I'll be honest and say I haven't been to Europe and am unfamiliar with it's infrastructure... but surely the Irish would want passage to mainland Europe through GB (or England without Scotland).

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I thought you liked us, right Cornish, you're off my Christmas card list.

If we were that expendable there wouldn't have been so many lies told in our Referendum in a desperate bid to keep us tied to rUK. One for example was that the only way to remain in the EU was to vote No.

One of the talking heads on BBC said recently that "No UK Prime Minister would ever allow the breakup of Britain, she was telling more truth than she realised.

You pesky whinging Cornish pixies, always moaning about us Scots, why do you whinge about us so much? We're about as far away from you EU subsidy junkies as we can get....
edit on 13/12/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Seriously, the Scots are whining that they want to be part of the EU and adopt the Euro currency, Ireland/NI are the biggest problem for Brexit regarding border control, so I say go, walk out the door, don't turn around now, coz you ain't welcome anymore.

Tongue in cheek maybe, but England and Wales will survive quite happily without either nation. Smaller country of course but there are many other smaller countries enjoying life as not part of the EU political union.

So do one Scotland, I won't miss you, and NI will no longer be a #ing drain on the UK budget.
#MakeEnglandAndWalesGreatAgain

would the cost of scotch increase or decrease with your proposal?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Haha! You just whinge so much about being in the UK, well maybe not you but your country folk, I'm sick of it and would rather you left the UK now.
Nothing against any Scottish people just the whinging independence folk, leave, have another referendum and do one so my country can move on and y'all can moan about the EU instead of England.
NI is just a mess which the UK could do without, reunify with Ireland and stop being a financial drain on the UK, be Irelands problem...that would suit me fine.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Also of you let the Scots go didn't Wales and London vote to Remain too?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm sure their own airlines (Aer Lingus and Ryanair) can take them directly. They have ferries too. No need to travel via the big island unless you want to use the channel tunnel, which is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
I support high import tariffs on Scotch in any independence situation, # them, they decided to leave the UK so I'd support distillers in England and Wales instead.
It's not like they are the only ones who know how to make it, they're just the biggest alcoholics in the current UK.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'm sure their own airlines (Aer Lingus and Ryanair) can take them directly. They have ferries too. No need to travel via the big island unless you want to use the channel tunnel, which is a bad thing.

Gotchya, thanks for the info. Knowledge is power lol.

link   

they're just the biggest alcoholics in the current UK.

perhaps because they make the best alcohol?
I can't get behind anything that would increase the cost of scotch

link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Also of you let the Scots go didn't Wales and London vote to Remain too?

Wales voted leave same as England.
London doesn't really count as it is a city and nobody there is whinging about being part of the UK/

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Scotland should be an independent nation.

I think that Scotland is actually a lot like Korea.
It is a small country, vast in natural resources.

Many have tried to take over, change the country, change the people, many many times over the centuries,
but it has never worked.

There is just something about the culture and heart of these people that you can't deny.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I was a hard supporter of the Scottish Referendum and was ready to leave if we voted No but then I thought about it and I love Scotland, i also love democracy and that's what happens in a democracy (even although there are very few instances where the Scottish vote in a general election has meant anything (we traditionally vote very differently from the rest of the UK, not a whinge, merely an observation)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pmsl!
Do you know what the Scots want? To remain in the EU and adopt the Euro as their currency!
That ain't independence lol

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My Celtic Cousin (the OP) should know this, he has the same celtic fire running through his vains

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Star for a good point.
You may find the next UK government is a Labour/SNP coalition, that would put the cat among the pigeons lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join