It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Muh Campaign Finance"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Seriously though, you guys are taking the side of a documented liar over that of prosecutors in the SDNY that are not only republican but interviewed and appointed by Donald Trump himself.

Sources please.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: BlackJackal

Thanks for telling me what I believe. It would have been easier to just ask, but I guess mind reading comes second nature to you. For me, it’s just projection.

Sorry, but I will listen to one of the leading experts in campaign finance law before I even consider the nonsense you spout on the topic.

So you have the word of one Pro-Trump guy against the combined words and actions of the SDNY, the judge in the case and many others including Fox News favorite judge Napolitano. Yet, you choose to believe this one guy who says it isn't a crime....

Since you wanted me to ask you, tell me, why do you believe this one guy over pretty much everyone else?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank you. I'm glad we can agree. I personally resisted the idea that Cohen was this dirty at first, but I can be proven wrong. If he didn't have some pretty serious stuff in his background, I really doubt he would take 3 years and loss of his license, plus the continual ire of a very successful high-profile client, as a plea deal.

On Trump's innocence, understand that I am not accusing him of sainthood. Maybe he knew what was going on, maybe not. Maybe he knew only part of it. But whatever the case, the tie to Cohen's illegal activities is pretty flimsy. Certainly flimsy enough to be laughed out of a normal courtroom.

But that's not the goal here: impeachment is. By any means necessary.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I give Trump this, he understands how to manipulate the minds of morons.

Preach brother! AMEN!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Why would a big shot lawyer plead guilty to jailtime if he wasnt completely nailed to the wall?

Because he can be pardoned.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Seriously though, you guys are taking the side of a documented liar over that of prosecutors in the SDNY that are not only republican but interviewed and appointed by Donald Trump himself.

Sources please.

Trump interviewed Geoffrey Berman LINK

Appointment LINK

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I’m simply telling ya... This is gonna roll off of Trump like water off a duck’s back.

The left will argue their side and Trump will defend. There’s a reason this didn’t go to trial for Cohen. If it had, even he wouldn’t have been stuck with this campaign finance charge. Unfortunately for him, he plead guilty. Trump won’t be doing that for any charge Mueller or anyone else brings forth.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Perhaps, having been in a political campaign and having to actually know the law makes a difference. I've read and had those laws explained to me. You seem to be taking the word of the people who put him in prison. I'm not that gullible as far as prosecutors go.

You seem to eating up what you've been told on the teevee. I would suggest you actually read the laws and do just a bit of critical thinking on the subject before you go believing what some pseudo-journalist is opining.

I'm pretty sure that lawyer is guilty of some things but I know that using personal funds to finance a nondisclosure agreement is perfectly legal. I also know that when you file to run as a candidate, even if you are using your personal funds to finance a campaign, your personal checking/savings accounts DO NOT automatically become campaign funds.

You do realize that all this stems from the fact that Trump refused to do as the Dems asked and publicize his tax returns? They can't stand the fact that he defied them and have been attempting to find a way to ascertain how much he's really worth.

And just so you know---I'm a Gary Johnson voter. I want all the crooks to be held responsible. Just because I'm not seeing the crime in this particular situation doesn't mean I have blind faith in Trump. But I do know election law and I know that this isn't illegal activity. Our very own Kentucky Attorney General is up to his neck in campaign contribution problems due to the conviction of his bagman for major campaign finance violations. It has been a hot topic of discussion in political circles in our region. The bagman's guilty plea stopped the investigation so we'll never know the entire extent of the scheme nor why the multitude of people involved weren't prosecuted. Election laws and selective prosecution of those laws is an interesting study.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: Propagandalf

Trump sitting down to discuss this payment, the reaction and Cohen

Quoted because it should be watched again.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

However, I like my sex safe, sane and consensual.

And we know what you do with guys who don't follow your rules in that respect. Don't think I've forgotten, Lumenari...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Im surprised Trump sat down with Fox’s Harris Faulkner, given he’s a racist and sexist.

Not sure how he remained so composed

/sarc

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Theres no place like home.... there's no place like home.

Click those red shoe heels together and make a wish.
That is the only way that trump isnt implicated in campaign financing crimes.

Black and white movies are your thing granny?
Trump is still home in the white house.
Where he will stay.
Hilary the hag is still not president.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I am hearing everything that Cohen done.

Cohen then was reimbursed by the Trump organization but accounted the moneys paid to himself as 'campaign contributions' by the Trump organization.

So Cohen lied about how he got the money and being a lawyer that tapes his clients, it doesn't come as a shock.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Im surprised Trump sat down with Fox’s Harris Faulkner, given he’s a racist and sexist.

/sarc

It is almost as if these negative Trump entities can only live by the hate they generate.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think this is possibly the best summary of this whole scenario I've read, or anyone is likely to read. Kudos.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

/sarc

It is almost as if these negative Trump entities can only live by the hate they generate.

It’s called MDD (major depressive disorder) and they should be on medication before they hurt themselves or others.

Cuz Trump can’t be indicted - in other words - their dreams are turning into nightmares right before their eyes!

edit on 13-12-2018 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
While we discuss the ins and outs of campaign finance law, two outside whistleblowers today revealed that the Clinton foundation acted as an agent of foreign governments. It’s no surprise that the media, who announced their support of Clinton, have shifted focus to other meaningless piffle.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anyone notice how no one noticed how the DNC and Clingdung campaign co-funding the FusionGPS activity together was an actual campaign finance law violation?

Yeah. I did. How many years will they get? Any fines or is this a felony as some say?

edit on 12 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That’s whataboutism and don’t worry...the antiTrump crowd will find ways to explain it away & make it legal.

But no one is allowed to explain away Trump’s accusations because Trump = bad!

True story!!!
edit on 13-12-2018 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join