It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Muh Campaign Finance"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Propagandalf

Can you imagine what you'd be saying right now if this were Hillary in his shoes?

Actually, her husband Bill did it many times DURING his first term and in the runup of his second term.

Not a big deal was made about it because at the time, rational people understood that it wasn't a crime.

So the only people trying to make a big deal about it are NeverTrumpers.

You know, since they are not actually grounded in reality anyways...

Also, even most Republicans now concede (if only in retrospect) that it was stupid to impeach Clinton because he lied about getting blowjobs from an intern. Even if it did amount to perjury, most Americans didn't think it was big deal. It's the same thing with Trump: the only people who care about the NDA payments are people who hate Trump anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Theres no place like home.... there's no place like home.

Click those red shoe heels together and make a wish.
That is the only way that trump isnt implicated in campaign financing crimes.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Its not against any law to record conversations. Especially if you're a lawyer.
You just spit out what you wish were true.
NY has a one person law.... only one needs to know the conversation is being recorded.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Its not against any law to record conversations. Especially if you're a lawyer.
You just spit out what you wish were true.
NY has a one person law.... only one needs to know the conversation is being recorded.

I didn't say it was. You just spit out what you wish were true.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

He is lying. He lies about everything.....

Came out today that he was with Pecker and Cohen when they discussed the details of this.

He knew about the payments.
His story about this has changed several times already. Form, "Payment what payment", to "it's not campaign money" to, "it's not a crime".

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Or he's guilty and knows it and got a reduced sentence already for cooperating.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

But not judge huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

no they dont

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You are dreaming and so is Andy....

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So basically whatever campaign finance laws there are, Trump shouldnt really have to follow them.

Like he should be able to cheat on his wife that's cool too he's rich of course!

Therefore he should be able to break campaign finance laws in pursuit of his infidelity lifestyle.

I hear they have windchimes near the door at Trump Tower.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

He was indeed nailed to the wall. The deeds he was nailed for had little if anything to do with the Trump campaign. The Special Prosecutor gave the job to State because they knew the crimes uncovered had nothing to do with their investigation. Cohen was playing with taxi medallions and other shady business as in tax f4aud at local and state levels. He was caught, knew he was caught and because the SP dangled the lenient sentence in front of him, he took it, and gave testimony that contradicts what he had already said.

Cohen we know was busy peddling influence he believed he had with Trump to companies who were stupid enough to pay him. He also tried to influence others that he was more important than he actually was. I seriously doubt he was much more than a full time fancy legal notary public. When a condo sold, they gave him the duty of crossing the T's and dotting the I's in all the legal documents.

Trump has been around far too long to use him for anything else. Cohen acted as his go between with the Stormy nonsense which was probably the most important aspect of his tenure. They are doing lots if stretches in this thing, charge people with the heaviest thing they can make up. Then as long as they say, yes trump did it, they charge the with lying or registration admin stuff. It's getting to be comedy gold

link   

Why would a big shot lawyer plead guilty to jailtime if he wasnt completely nailed to the wall?

Likely part of the plea deal for the main indictments he was facing.
Bottom line is that it doesn't matter - he can plead guilty to anything. Doesn't make it a crime.
This has been the perfect way to create the desired news cycle. Don't actually have a trial and tack on something that can be linked to Trump. There is the real corruption and it's coming from the New York Attorney's office.

The cited OP article is clear enough - even for a Trump hater.
edit on 13/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So basically whatever campaign finance laws there are, Trump shouldnt really have to follow them.

Like he should be able to cheat on his wife that's cool too he's rich of course!

Therefore he should be able to break campaign finance laws in pursuit of his infidelity lifestyle.

I hear they have windchimes near the door at Trump Tower.

Keep that imagination churning. Unfortunately all it produces is strawmen.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So then Cohen pled GUILTY so the news would have fodder for a few weeks?

How much they paying him to serve 3 YEARS in prison, give up his law license, and so on? Hmmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Keep side-stepping muh hard questions.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Cohen we know was busy peddling influence he believed he had with Trump to companies who were stupid enough to pay him. He also tried to influence others that he was more important than he actually was. I seriously doubt he was much more than a full time fancy legal notary public. When a condo sold, they gave him the duty of crossing the T's and dotting the I's in all the legal documents.

Since there are liberal nutters with TDS, that inherently means that theres no fire behind this influence peddling smoke? Cohen was just purely con manning the people he was peddling to?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

So then Cohen pled GUILTY so the news would have fodder for a few weeks?

How much they paying him to serve 3 YEARS in prison, give up his law license, and so on? Hmmmmmm...

More like he would be facing a much longer sentence without the plea deal.
A few weeks? No chance - this is exactly what the new Democrat Congress needs to trigger their investigation, which will last at least 2 years leading into 2020. These things don't all fall together by chance.

Regardless, the 'crime' he admitted to is not a crime. The laws on the books are pretty clear and they state that private funds can be used on any private matter that could occur outside of election cycle. It's a stretch to suggest that Trump setting up NDA's to protect his reputation was a new habit of his for the election cycle. I'd say the prosecutors know this, hence the route they took.
edit on 13/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Keep side-stepping muh hard questions.

Keep side-stepping the whole OP to ask "muh hard questions".

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Lumenari

Can you imagine what you'd be saying right now if this were Hillary in his shoes?

Actually, her husband Bill did it many times DURING his first term and in the runup of his second term.

Not a big deal was made about it because at the time, rational people understood that it wasn't a crime.

So the only people trying to make a big deal about it are NeverTrumpers.

You know, since they are not actually grounded in reality anyways...

Also, even most Republicans now concede (if only in retrospect) that it was stupid to impeach Clinton because he lied about getting blowjobs from an intern. Even if it did amount to perjury, most Americans didn't think it was big deal. It's the same thing with Trump: the only people who care about the NDA payments are people who hate Trump anyway.

Not exactly true....

If Trump was screwing some intern in the oval office that was mentally 13, I'd have a huge issue with that.

People also forget that the investigation of Clinton was started because of the Whitewater scandal and the death of Vince Foster.

It expanded after because of Lewinsky and Paula Jones (see Clinton vs Jones, Supreme Court) where Clinton lost.

As far as sex, I agree. Who cares.

However, I like my sex safe, sane and consensual.

Neither Jones or Lewinsky fits that definition.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Bill needed to be impeached tho amirong?

Well, there was a death or three involved and a massive real estate kickback scheme going that everyone else involved in went to jail for besides the Clintons, who were apparently running the show...

So I would say yes.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join