It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship Encouraged By Democrat Ted Lieu Who'd Love To "Regulate The Content Of Speech"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: angeldoll

FAKE NEWS! Journalists are the enemy of the people!

I like how you just slid the word "journalists" in there. I almost didn't even notice it... almost.

You're going to be a Congressman when you grow up, aren't you?

TheRedneck

Well, if she said "fake news is the enemy of the people" then it would contradict the DNC talking points memo she got in her inbox this morning.

But "she" didn't, did she?

Apparently trump doesn't mind when journalists are butchered and dismembered while they are still alive, as long as one of his revered dictators is the one doing it, which of course, they all do.

But he loves them anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Interesting, but I can't think of anyone who would like to control the content of speech more than president unindicted co-conspirator.

Pleeze.

Who said journalists are the enemy of the people?
You wouldn't be pushing fake news would you????
Oh dear.

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

And I would love to tar and feather some of our leaders. I would also like to "Ghadaffi" some others.

Too bad there is the rule of law huh? Unless there is not anymore. Is there not?

Let us know when our dear leaders feel saucy and change that.

Salty bitches.
edit on 12 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I like how you just slid the word "journalists" in there. I almost didn't even notice it... almost.

You're going to be a Congressman when you grow up, aren't you?

TheRedneck

Well, if she said "fake news is the enemy of the people" then it would contradict the DNC talking points memo she got in her inbox this morning.

But "she" didn't, did she?

Apparently trump doesn't mind when journalists are butchered and dismembered while they are still alive, as long as one of his revered dictators is the one doing it, which of course, they all do.

But he loves them anyway.

Ah, changing the point of attack with more nonsense after you were called out for pushing a lie.
Par for the course.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

When did Trump butcher and dismember a journalist? The last thing I heard that was the Saudi Crown Prince and Trump denounced it.

Perhaps we should declare war? Would that make you feel better?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes, to counter Trump saying fake news is the enemy we should double down and lie more about Trump.

Who thinks that's a winning solution?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In Lieu of common sense....

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In days gone bye if someone on T.V. was spouting some inane drivel you changed the channel.

Not being a facebook or twitter user I assume you can block content/persons you disagree with... why does anyone need some third party to ban what others say ?

I can not imagine what would happen to all the snowflakes if a real shooting/bombs war came to America.... Maybe we could flood the enemy away with all the snowflake tears ? I doubt it...youtu.be...

The 17th, 18th, and 20th century there were major wars..it is now the 21st century so..... just wait for it..

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They don't have to debate the first amendment. They just ban it. Private companies can do that and it's not a violation of free speech.

Of course, when ideologies hold monopolies on certain sectors of the economy, it might as well serve the same purpose.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ah, but see, then people can choose if someone is spouting insane drivel for themselves or not.

If people get to make up their own minds rather than have the so-called "right" people protect them from it, then they might pick the wrong stuff as insane drivel. That wouldn't do. We might end up with a country that decides that some of the favorite leftist dogma like intersectionalism is insane drivel.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lumenari

They don't have to debate the first amendment. They just ban it. Private companies can do that and it's not a violation of free speech.

Of course, when ideologies hold monopolies on certain sectors of the economy, it might as well serve the same purpose.

And therin lies the problem...

When Google has as it's primary business goal the societal transformation of our country, then perhaps it is time to address their societal footprint and whether or not to allow them a business license.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Sh!t is getting old. Don't know about anyone else but I feel like I'm being pushed into someone else's life and their way of thinking.
Hey, let's all think the same way, life will become so bland because it sure won't be grand.
Think about it we can finish our own sentences have the same ideas vote for the same people have the exact same budgets drive the same cars have the same number of kids with the same names. The list goes on and on.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Life will be exactly like that planet ruled by It in A Wrinkle in Time (book) -- All the house look the same, the kids stand outside in exactly the same place, bounce their balls in perfect time with each other, the porch lights come on at the same time, the stepford wives come out and call them in, they all catch the balls in perfect synchrony and go inside (except the one kid who drops, and his mother goes white because she clearly expects the re-education squad to come pick him up for re-training).

Won't it be awesome?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds like fun..........goods times had by all.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Just as they can never disarm Americans. The amendments mean diddlysquat and are written on a meaningless albeit historic part of the Constitution the Bill of Rights merely as a reminder. Those ten rights are guaranteed and inalienable by any earthly power and if the repealed those amendments, big deal. We still have those rights till the US falls and another nation entirely rises. And when that happens I guarantee those will be the first ten things that people in the past made fatal mistakes in changing leading to the founding of whatever nation takes its place.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It seems like Teddy has been reading Mao's Little Red Book. If anyone needs their speech censored, it's him.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The left need to control the narrative because they cannot actually sell or debate their ideals.
:

Undeniably undebatably true

top topics

<< 1   >>

join