It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: US Threatens Canada's Airspace: Ignores International Law

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm quite glad the Canadians posting here are not in a position of power, or else we would be in a state of war, with all Communist rebels crossing the boarder.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bourgeoisie
I'm quite glad the Canadians posting here are not in a position of power, or else we would be in a state of war, with all Communist rebels crossing the boarder.

!?

IMO - most Canadians posting here are peaceful - and looking to avoid violent military confrontations.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok, if US want to take care of it security, and is ok that it should ask our two closes neighbors to come and join us for the benefit of all.

LikeSomewhereInBetween has said Canada has no enemies and neither Mexico, now after the US aggression in the Middle east with Iraq, the rest of the world has now a different view of the US.

Now asking Canada to participate and to relinquish their sovereignty and air space is something that Canada have all the right to refuse I am sure that are other ways to help each other without US “taking over North America”and I think at the end Canada will do what is best for its country in his own terms.

Perhaps the problem is that while EU has more neighboring countries and a more nuclear power in among them US is a littler bit worry that they can team up against us, after all we are the only nuclear power in this side of the earth and it has all the right to be worry.

Just because US wants something does not mean everybody has to agree with it, and US still can take care of its security without having Canada involve. We just have to do it within our borders.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Obviously nobody has read my posts about western canada. I'm not even gonna bother posting anymore cause DuesEx calls me a racist nazi skin head kkk guy which is ridiculous. My grandfather was a French Jew, My Grandmother was Cree Indian thus the title of Battle of Batoche! My ancestor fought each other at the Battle of Batoche! My other grand parents were Catholic Irish & Protestant English. Pretty much my ancestry makes me extremely Canadian: Cree, French, & English.
Just remember every Canadian doesn't think like Soficrow or DuesEX, but it always the left wing liberal nut jobs screaming the loudest when they don't get their way.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche

I'm not even gonna bother posting anymore cause DuesEx calls me a racist nazi skin head kkk guy which is ridiculous.

That's not what deusEx said.

Just remember every Canandian doesn't think like Soficrow

I am American, by birth.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I hope you're reading this thread, cuz, Paul...

I realize you're probable gonna backtrack and give in, ...but I like what you're saying on this anyways.

That Missile Defense System is a bassboat load of crap...it doesn't help anyone out but just makes some of BushCo's friends rich.
You have nailed it! No doubt had he a majority government his signature on that piece of paper would have long dried. Mr. Dithers wants nothing more than fame at any cost, and is quite amenable to latching on to US political coat-tails to get it. Hard to believe that we have to rely on the Bloc to keep he and Harper in their places.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Let me said also that Masqua also has the right point SomewhereinBetween, it’s not doubt that the “war on terror” and 9/11 have indeed made many profiteers Bush supporter and contracting companies in the defense department very wealthy at the expenses of our country and none of us regular citizens had gotten a penny out of it, but just cuts on our budget for domestic agenda in favor of more money for the defense and not even our disable vets from Iraq are getting anything either.

To the point that in the next 82 billion-dollar budgets a senator decided to add two more billion to help Iraqi vets.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Mahree

It would seem to me that if soficrow had something to back up her stand on this subject she would not mind having a discussion with or without Mods.

I believe you left out the part of my post where I questioned soficrow's biased sources.

by Mahree
www.globalresearch.ca
Bush's Military Agenda
globalresearch.ca...

There are articles here for every kind of Bush and US bashing. Take your pick.

by: marg6043

Somebody needs to give up before this become ridiculous and that is what is going on in here right now.

Stop the bickering and give up. Putting Soficrow down on her threads and views is a low blow taking in consideration that she does an excellent job in ATS and her threads are very popular.

by: Mahree

So, the only good discussion is when everyone agrees with soficrow and will not question her biased sources?

Questioners gone now, it's all yours.

by Marg6043
As you see the thread has good information and is going smooth and interesting.

So if you have something interesting to say beside going for my post, come down and express yourself on the topic.

Yes Marg, I can see the thread is going smooth now that the posters questioning soficrow's sources have been chased away. You did accomplish that with your post.

It does seem strange to me that you would dictate who can or cannot post on this thread.

BTW I did not see anything "interesting" that you had to say about the topic in that post.

But, of course, feel free to ignore any remarks of mine that are troublesome. I am leaving now because I just can't take every thing soficrow says as gospel.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Obviously nobody has read my posts about western canada.

We read them, we just don't agree that the West is the bastion of all things good, true and fair, and that all things from the east are unspeakably evil.

I'm not even gonna bother posting anymore cause DuesEx calls me a racist nazi skin head kkk guy which is ridiculous.

I said no such thing. If you'll look back, you see that you said that the West was tolerant, but when I brought up a rather bigoted statement you made, you started screaming that I'm calling you a nazi.

My grandfather was a French Jew, My Grandmother was Cree Indian thus the title of Battle of Batoche!

And I have heard you do little but rail against the French, the East, and those with even the slightest deviation from your hardcore, right-wing views.

My ancestor fought each other at the Battle of Batoche! My other grand parents were Catholic Irish & Protestant English. Pretty much my ancestry makes me extremely Canadian: Cree, French, & English.

To put it bluntly, you don't act like it. Your ancestry has nothing to do with your malicious attitude.

Just remember every Canadian doesn't think like Soficrow or DuesEX, but it always the left wing liberal nut jobs screaming the loudest when they don't get their way.

I don't hear anyone screaming but you.

DE

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Obviously nobody has read my posts about western canada. I'm not even gonna bother posting anymore cause DuesEx calls me a racist nazi skin head kkk guy which is ridiculous. My grandfather was a French Jew, My Grandmother was Cree Indian thus the title of Battle of Batoche! My ancestor fought each other at the Battle of Batoche! My other grand parents were Catholic Irish & Protestant English. Pretty much my ancestry makes me extremely Canadian: Cree, French, & English.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

Yes, I have read your posts. Thank you for your input and I am glad to have it. I don't think your opinion or mine matters very much in this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Mahree

Humm........want to be a champion? well if you have something to add to discredit Sofi's thread by all means go ahead and prove it, but I see that so far you are just picking a fight and not adding anything good about the topic.

Mahree, Que sera......sera.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Aside from the airspace invasion threat - I think we really need to take a close look at NORTHCOM.

NORTHCOM looks like the missing link - overseeing military, policing, immigration etc.

...It makes NORAD obsolete, and seems to supercede NATO too. It puts the US military in position to take over pretty much everything.

"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld announced unilaterally that US Northern Command would have jurisdiction over the entire North American region. Canada and Mexico were presented with a fait accompli.

Rumsfeld is said to have boasted that "the NORTHCOM – with all of North America as its geographic command – 'is part of the greatest transformation of the Unified Command Plan [UCP] since its inception in 1947.'"

Bush's Military Agenda

"(The NORTHCOM plan) realigns and streamlines U.S. military structure to better address 21st century threats. For the first time, commanders' areas of operations cover the entire Earth."

- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

NORTHCOM's headquarters is located at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colorado.

NORTHCOM

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have the feeling that Ambassador McKenna is just selling the idea of the benefits and profits that such a agreement will bring to Canada.

After all he was in the Carlyle group board of directors.

With regard to military negotiations, McKenna knows what is happening behind the scenes. He was on the board of directors of the Carlyle Group together with Bush Senior and Frank Carlucci (The bin Laden family were investors in Carlyle until 9/11).
1. Carlyle, is the leading private equity investor in the aerospace and defense industries in the US and Canada. It plays a key role in the formulation of US defense and foreign policy. It has a vested interest in Canada's integration into NORTHCOM.

I bet that Canada’s defense contractors will do anything to be able to be in the elite Carlyle group of investors.

So Canada if agree with these plans it will have an increased in their defense budget, and taking in consideration that as a peaceful nation they don’t have a big budget, I wonder how that will affect the rest of the nation if funds has to be taken from some areas to make the defense budget bigger.

A more careful examination, however, reveals that a large part of these projected outlays in defense spending will be channeled to Canadian weapons producers, many of which are affiliates of US defense conglomerates, upon Canada's accession to NORTHCOM. Among major players in Canada's defense industry are General Dynamics (Canada), Bell Helicopter Textron (Canada), General Motors Defense, CAE Inc, Bombardier, SNC-Lavalin Group, etc.

Some believe that the shift into defense, will make poverty and unemployment higher.

After all look what is going on with the US and the deficit, in the name of defense spending, Carlyle group and contractors.

Somebody is getting rich while we the citizens get more hardships. Leave corporations run rampant and it will kill the nation at the end, but they will be wealthy beyond believe.

If you look everywhere the Carlyle group is involve about on everything.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh no not the US completely IGNORING international law AGAIN is it?!?!

Hang on i see a pattern forming here.. they have ALWAYS ignored international law.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Corinthas

I agree with your last post. America has always done things differently than the rest of the world. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, but America is definitely the quintessential rebel. I think I used to perceive that fact as a sort of badge of honor, a kind of James Dean Achievement Award. Now I see it more as reckless and profit driven. I'm not sure what will happen, but I am sure that nothing has really changed since this country was founded.

I used to be one of those people saying 'it used to be..' and 'the founding fathers knew..' and 'this country's noble heritage..' and what not, but the truth is nothing is different. The founding fathers were liars and murdereers, and so are their contemporaries. I don't think we can go back to the good 'ol days, because I don't think there were any to begin with.

We've been nurtured on a lie, bottle fed on delusions of grandeur and nationalistic pride. Now that the weaning process is complete, we find ourselves pining for the illusionary nipple...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Oh no not the US completely IGNORING international law AGAIN is it?!?!

Hang on i see a pattern forming here.. they have ALWAYS ignored international law.

Hey they were not ignoring at least they asked Canada to "sign".

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
We've been nurtured on a lie, bottle fed on delusions of grandeur and nationalistic pride. Now that the weaning process is complete, we find ourselves pining for the illusionary nipple...

You have some way with words there.. i couldnt have said it better myself.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The conservative Party backed missle defence 100%.

Really? Then why did Bush chide conservative leader Stephen Harper for not speaking out on missile defense?

www.ctv.ca...

The Liberals only have a minority gov't and keep control by an alliance with the NDP and kissing the "Bloc's" a$$.

Not true. Last week's budget is proof that the Martin government preferred to ally itself with the conservatives rather than having to deal with the Bloc.

but the Liberals Gov't wanted to appease Quebec who were in a provincial election. Quebec took Frances stand on Iraq.

The 2003 election in Quebec wasn't about Iraq. Not even close. It was about health and education reform, and a Parti Québécois that had been in power for nine years and was out of wind.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottNow, if Canada can't understand why that is important to us, then I think that pretty much proves that Canada is a hostile nation and is certainly not an ally of the US.

When does being an ally mean that you have to put the other country's national interest before your own? If Canada doesn't want to take a stance that goes against the principles the majority of its population believes in, does that make it a hostile nation? Besides, aren't we helping the U.S. in Afghanistan right now?

Not to mention we just increased our defense budget a good deal... but we have other priorities, like getting a ninth balanced budget in a row next year.

Originally posted by marg6043I have the feeling that Ambassador McKenna is just selling the idea of the benefits and profits that such a agreement will bring to Canada.

Why do you think he was selected as the new ambassador? Who best to repair Canada and the US's frayed relationship than a member of the good ole boys club?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Originally posted by marg6043I have the feeling that Ambassador McKenna is just selling the idea of the benefits and profits that such a agreement will bring to Canada.

Why do you think he was selected as the new ambassador? Who best to repair Canada and the US's frayed relationship than a member of the good ole boys club?

Too true. And then he blew his timing and tripped on his tongue.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

IMO - I provide a balance to standard propaganda. My stuff looks different because it is different. But it's not biased. It's a legitimate effort to pick the information lock - and deny ignorance.

Soficrow, the fact is that your articles are always biased against the US, your hatred towards the US, for some reason, doesn't let you see what you are doing, but none of the articles I have seen you post are balanced, they are all what you call "a regurgitated propaganda" against the US, if it was not, why is the Canadian article, you know, from the same country where the PM is refusing to help the US, less biased agaisnt the US than yours?....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join