It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your Parent a Narcissist or are you unable to take blame?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
some people really do ave narcissistic parents and it can be on differnt levels, it can also cause the kid to be narcissistic, so them complain about it not being about them is pretty understandable.
y mother is a great example of a victimhood narcissist, everything is everyone elses fault, her mother ruined her life, she couldnt have a job she liked, or have sex when she wanted cos her mum wouldnt le her( yeah i dont get that one either), if she doesnt get her way she fakes heart attacks and strokes, even fakes being ill if people are happy or having a good time, even faking one while i was on a once in a life time holiday, my first holiday in 15 years after spending 10 years looking after my terminally ill dad, she phoned me to say she was having a heart attack in hospital, i phoned the hospital yeah she wasnt even there.
she even has the classic golden child with my sister and im the scapegoat, i have the degree, a good job, friends from primary school and up, a partner ive been with since 16 (im 32), make friends easily, dont drink, dont smoke do drugs, never in trouble as a teen ( i literally spent all my time i my room or at school) and like i said i cared for my dad, but im the little cretin that ruins her life, cause all problems and everything that bad thats happened is my fault somehow, she likes to remind me im ugly and her favorite story is how when i was born i was so ugly she hated me.
i broke her heart when i refused to get pregnant at 14 instead wanting to go college (im not even joking here, i wish i was)
compared to my sister, shes selfish, had two jobs in her whole life (shes 24) she was sacked from both, first one for stealing, the second for fighting another employee, she doesnt know how to do basic things like use a washing machine, and every friend shes had shes lost from using them and discarding them, but cant do wrong in anyones eyes, family even dont talk to both of them as they have alienated themselves.
im not even the one who said she was a narcissist, family and friends have said so, its only when i looked it up wondering what they meant i got it.
the difference between me and my sister i was born grey eyed and brown hair, my sister was a blue eyed baby with blonde hair, in my mothers words ''dark children are just ugly''.

what im saying is not all people who say they suffer narcissistic parents are just drama queens, difference is i used the abuse as a push to better myself and rise above her some people just repeat the pattern

<< 1  2   >>

join