It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Efficiency Washer - what a POS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof
ROFL, I guess you just ended up with a #ty unit.
I have been using an HE washer for two years now that I paid four hundred for, and it works fine. Maybe you just need to learn how to use them properly. The towel issue you mentioned was always a more common issue with the traditional tower auger in my experience.

In any case, just dumping the hamper in the basket is lazy and results in tangles more often. The proper way to wash clothes is to add an article at a time, ensuring even layering which keeps balance and reduces tangles.

I been doing several washes a week now for two years. Has not failed us yet. I always allow things to pre soak as well, perhaps try that if it is not cleaning.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Hey man I feel your pain I really do.

I got those high efficiency washer and dryer about 6 years ago.....and they suck!
I was getting tired of the yearly repair on my old ones but now I wish I still had them.
I have to wash everything in 2 cycle with almost max water. My dress shirts and pants never seem to get the soap out all the way. God forbid trying to use fabric softener that does NOT come out anymore.
It had become a real pain in the arse.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
we had one of the new ones for about 6 months

what a pos nothing ever came out clean and it smelled like rot you have to clean it every 20 loads ... wtf

eventualy the pos broke didnt take long and even with the extra warrenties and everything the claim was denied ... only 6 months old wtf again

all this to save water and power witch is a joke u have to uce the max settings twice to even hope for clean cloths

never buying one again and every one i know whos owned one hates then ... shouldent be long tell there gone

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Sorry, but I don't agree. It's not a matter of being acustomed or not, it's a matter of taking the clothes out and hanging them or drying them. If you leave them there? Sure, they'll smell like wet dog.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Get rid of it. Fix the old one, or buy another old one like it.

The kind that uses 40+ gallons of water for a large load- they're the only ones that work. If you live in a place where you can't get enough water to do laundry, move.
The washing machine shouldn't have a computer in it.
You're fighting physics- dirty clothes need soap and water to become clean. These "efficient" washers that don't use much water can sometimes take hours to run a load, and half the time they error out and you have to start over.
Garbage.

Pretty much everything you stated is false in my experience. Sounds like OP got a lemon.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hah...good rant.

If you like the Obama washers, you're gonna love his slow-igniting lightbulbs, 6 hour dishwashers and no-flow toilets!

These changes make me want to burn my house down.

Too bad he wrecked the gd gas tank filler too.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I had a matching Samsung HE washer and drier. The washer was a front loader and it was trash. What I used to be able to do in three separate loads turned into at least double. I would have to toss in extra water just so that it would actually get all of the clothes wet and disperse the detergent properly. If I didn't there would still be dry spots on the clothes.

It also would start to smell, and I did leave the door open in between loads. About once a week I would have to run a couple of empty cycles of bleach and cleaning product to get the smell to go away. I don't think it was draining all the way. After a short period the LED display and buttons stopped working. So, I took that junk back bought me a cheap washer, and never had a problem after that.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
After selling our home with our 30 yr old washer, we moved to a place with an HE washer....still has an agitator though.

I was expecting the worst!!!!
And was pleasantly surprised.
We do use the proper HE soap, and make sure not to use too much....that can cause issues.
Our clothes are cleaner and our water usage is down.

Now, I have heard horror stories when there is no agitator.....but HE is not the problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd
Samsung? You should have bought American

I like how everything is using touch screens now. No more annoying clickity clacker knobs. Its easy for me older kids to use as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I still prefer old style switches. Touchscreens drive me mad. Especially when they stop responding and there is no other way to interface with a device.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Never had a problem with my old washer.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Never had a problem with my old washer.

I actually have one of those. It is about a hundred or so years old and still works. There is something to be said about that.

The washboard is incredible, it even has dovetailed joints.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I have one of those, but it's got some hemp twine that goes around my neck and is played with two spoons.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ohhhhhh LMFAO!

Let me tell you all about it mister sir old man from the past

So glad to still have you around these messed up days

But let’s get to the good stuff

You eat up all the good resources in the world in your time, you never took time to think that maybe all that good stuff wasn’t going to last forever

Then once you even knew, you still kept going, asking for the best, demanding the best every where no matter what

Did you think you would be dead by the time nature claimed back and it didn’t matter to you what would happen next because you would be dead by then anyway and f*ck those people who will be born next?

LMFAO!

Turns out you’re still alive and time and nature are here, requesting back. So time to pay back dude

Since some time back, you keep talking about how bad life is these days compared to your previous times

Well guess what mister smart, you created this world, we did not, you were in charge, you f*cked it all up and thought it didn’t matter at that time

Are you a snowflake? Unable to live under whatever hard times are you living on?

Ohh poor you, bu hu hu…!!!! Are you turning into a millennial? Complaining about everything that is not to your taste? Somehow you look exactly like those guys lmao, you need your own safe space where everything is exactly what you would like it to be, right? And if not then you complain, you are a snowflake by all those definitions, the exact thing you always complain about

Stop complaining!

Welcome to my world!! Now you can’t stop complaining about how bad everything is, do you need a safe space?

Well i don’t know any better mister ‘i had a better life than you but i f**cked up everything because i eat all the resources on earth and now i can’t stop complaining the world is a mess that i created on my own because i can’t stop eating and spending like a giant whale”

Well i was born in this world, i have not seen anything better

So if you complain about a stupid washing machine then learn to understand that’s the only washing machine i have ever known about. There is no better one for me, because you messed the world up for us and now you will have to live on our crap world too, until you die

We have to do with little resources we have, and if that means a stupid weak ass washing machine then that will have to do, maybe if you have not eating up everything back then we would still be able to provide better things, but ohh no we do i dare to ask for better, right? T

he good stuff is only for you and your generation, i deserve crap and constant complain about how bad things are, then i also have to figure out how to fix the stupid world you left for us and make it work for me and also for you!

Surprise!!!!!

Poetic Justice!

Stop complaining! We all are in the same crap, get it already

We have three tasks so far

1. Fix the mess you left after youa
2. Figure out how to survive on our own
3. Figure out how to leave something for the people after us

And you here complaining about a stupid washing machine, mister self entitled man

And then we have to do all that while constantly listening go the mumbling about how you all had it better and how we are ruining the world

Stop already

edit on 16-12-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join