It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: Prosecutors have evidence the president committed a felony

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
has trump lied under oath?
has trump been under oath?

Good questions. Ask the special council, but I'll add that lying to Congress can put you in jail, even if you're not under oath, and I'm 80% sure that the same applies to lying to the FBI in regards to an active investigation. Not saying Trump's going to jail, but he could certainly be impeached for such actions.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

trump can be impeached for anything congress wishes to name "high crimes and misdemeanors"
you compared trump to clinton
perhaps you were mistaken?

but I'll add that lying to Congress can put you in jail, even if you're not under oath

perhaps you could site that statute as I am unfamiliar with it

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

you compared trump to clinton
perhaps you were mistaken?

Not at all. They're both liars who cheated on their wives, and who had those affairs revealed to the public through unrelated investigations.

In those regards the two of them are very comparable.

Perhaps you'd rather compare how they both took flights on what's been dubbed the “Lolita Express” (convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s private Boeing 727 famed for its under-age sex orgies)?

but I'll add that lying to Congress can put you in jail, even if you're not under oath

perhaps you could site that statute as I am unfamiliar with it

If you're that interested in it, then I'm sure you can easily find it online since it was one of the 9 counts that Cohen was convicted for. It was the only count out of the 9 that was brought by Mueller instead of the SDNY.

National Security Advisor John M. Poindexter (under Regan) was also sentenced to prison for the same issue in regards to lying to Congress over the Iran-Contra affair. Knowingly and willfully providing Congress materially false statements is a federal crime even when not officially "under oath", and it carries a similar sentence to perjury.
edit on 12/13/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: redmage

trump can be impeached for anything congress wishes to name "high crimes and misdemeanors"

Indeed, though the term was supposed to narrow the scope of the reasons a President could be impeached - it was changed from the original proposal of 'maladministration' during the deliberations in 1787. Maladministration was considered too broad - that in itself confirms that the intent was not to create a carte blanche for Congress. I very much doubt the original intent was to go after Presidents for paying off women whilst not even in office, or talking to foreigners.
edit on 13/12/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In this article, John Yoo (Deputy AAG under George W Bush) adds his weight to the long list of actual legal experts who don't think Trump (or Cohen) broke campaign finance laws. Yoo points out that you have to prove the person knowingly broke the law. In this case, ignorance is a defense.

"The law that Cohen and allegedly Mr. Trump might be prosecuted for would require that the defendants willingly and knowingly violate the law," Yoo explained. "In other words, not just saying, 'make a payment,' but they know they're doing something illegal."
"I think it's very hard for any prosecutor to bring that case," he added.
Yoo, who served as deputy assistant attorney general in the George W. Bush administration, said that Cohen did violate the law by committing tax evasion and lying to Congress, but he doesn't believe Cohen violated campaign finance laws.
"Candidates have expenditures to get elected, which have to be reported in public. And candidates have expenditures for their personal expenses, and that's what this falls into."

edit on 13-12-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: Added quote.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Who is this new Judge N? I want the highly educated one back, or was he re-suited while at Fox?

Because; he has become to spew more liberal b's and half truths than any other news source combined since his transformation!
:

edit on 13-12-2018 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingsquirel
Who is this new Judge N? I want the highly educated one back, or was he re-suited while at Fox?

Because; he has become to spew more liberal b's and half truths than any other news source combined since his transformation!
:

He got banned when he let slip that the UK Govt was helping Obama spy on Trump - which turned out to be true.
Probably given clear instructions upon his return in order to keep his job.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Let it be known there is NOT any law that says a president can't be indicted.

It's a justice department opinion.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: whywhynot
Judge Nap is the biggest never Trumpers in the country. Shepherd hates Trump too. Total BS report.

I use to love the Judge, I really did but it seems he has let his personal views warp the truth, he use to not be that way.

I was hugely hugely anti Trump, and im still not a huge fan, but the guy has done some good things .

Is he a scum bag for cheating on his wife? yes
Is he a scum bag for paying the women to keep quiet? Yes

Does that make him a felon? No it doesnt, and the judge needs to stop letting his personal issues "Trump" the truth.

Now if Trump HAS done things that are serious violations he should be prosecuted as should anyone else, but i dont see anything ever been done about any of these people, Clintons, Trumps, or any criminal activity by any heads of state.

They know if they did actually charge ANYONE the whole thing would come down like a house of cards, and they cant afford that

I'd say Trump's best chance of a second term (only chance?) is if Congress impeaches him.
It won;t get past the Senate and will be seen by the public for what it is - get Trump at all costs and for purely political reasons.
It is far more effective for Democrat politicians and the media to run countless investigations and push propaganda and their interpretations of law than actually have to prove their allegations. In my view, we'll just see 2 more years of calling Trump a criminal without any evidence in order to try and sway the 2020 election.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah those decades since 2016 sure have changed things.
When are we getting the rolling eye emoji???

Oh, you were talking about the HildaBeast. I’d forgotten about her. Only Clinton worth remembering got himself impeached.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What you Trump supporters don’t see is obvious.

Trump is being abandoned. The Fox News interview is indicative that even they are abandoning him
Take Giuliani his lawyer; we forget he is a very, very deep state operator. Remember 911, where he admitted he got the heads up the building was going to fall. He, of course, denied he said it but it’s on tape.

Trump is not long for the presidency. It’s all coming down folks.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Which brings us right back to the first question I asked. What's the felony? Still not seeing it here...

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Trump is being abandoned. The Fox News interview is indicative that even they are abandoning him
Take Giuliani his lawyer; we forget he is a very, very deep state operator. Remember 911, where he admitted he got the heads up the building was going to fall. He, of course, denied he said it but it’s on tape.

Your post should be in there joke forum

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Judge Nap is the biggest never Trumpers in the country. Shepherd hates Trump too. Total BS report.

I use to love the Judge, I really did but it seems he has let his personal views warp the truth, he use to not be that way.

I was hugely hugely anti Trump, and im still not a huge fan, but the guy has done some good things .

Is he a scum bag for cheating on his wife? yes
Is he a scum bag for paying the women to keep quiet? Yes

Does that make him a felon? No it doesnt, and the judge needs to stop letting his personal issues "Trump" the truth.

Now if Trump HAS done things that are serious violations he should be prosecuted as should anyone else, but i dont see anything ever been done about any of these people, Clintons, Trumps, or any criminal activity by any heads of state.

They know if they did actually charge ANYONE the whole thing would come down like a house of cards, and they cant afford that

I'd say Trump's best chance of a second term (only chance?) is if Congress impeaches him.
It won;t get past the Senate and will be seen by the public for what it is - get Trump at all costs and for purely political reasons.
It is far more effective for Democrat politicians and the media to run countless investigations and push propaganda and their interpretations of law than actually have to prove their allegations. In my view, we'll just see 2 more years of calling Trump a criminal without any evidence in order to try and sway the 2020 election.

Just like the Special Counsel and the SDNY, you will not see open trials of any kind. That’s why you see the plea deals. The Democrats don’t want and couldn’t survive the scrutiny that a real trial brings. There is only the kicking of dirt in the air, the fake news and all of the false allegations.

When the time is right President Trump will drop the gate on the trap that he is laying and the real bad guys will be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yeah… losing the Congress, many past friends, and associates now going to jail, a new charge almost every day, can't even get replacements for those who have left, so who's laughing

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Publisher of National Enquirer admits paying hush money to help Trump ahead of 2016 election

The company that publishes the National Enquirer admitted that it paid $150,000 in hush money to silence alleged mistresses of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump prior to the 2016 election, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The publisher, American Media Inc., will avoid prosecution by stipulating that it worked with Trump's campaign to buy the silence of women — who have identified themselves as adult film actress Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal — ahead of the vote two years ago, prosecutors said.

Trump is done--their closing in on him every day

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Yoo points out that you have to prove the person knowingly broke the law. In this case, ignorance is a defense.

"The law that Cohen and allegedly Mr. Trump might be prosecuted for would require that the defendants willingly and knowingly violate the law," Yoo explained. "In other words, not just saying, 'make a payment,' but they know they're doing something illegal."
"I think it's very hard for any prosecutor to bring that case," he added.
Yoo, who served as deputy assistant attorney general in the George W. Bush administration, said that Cohen did violate the law by committing tax evasion and lying to Congress, but he doesn't believe Cohen violated campaign finance laws.
"Candidates have expenditures to get elected, which have to be reported in public. And candidates have expenditures for their personal expenses, and that's what this falls into."

Hey, that sounds an awful lot like intent, which I recall worked like a charm for a certain other high profile politician. Sounds like he's home free.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have a major problem with the law suddenly, miraculously categorizing the otherwise legal outlay of money during a campaign is an effort to "influence an election" by the candidate. Isn't every dollar a campaign spends somehow tied with attempting to "influence an election?" Another seriously screwy issue here is the fact that we have a fake dossier against Trump which was used in an attempt to influence the election and the fabricated contents of that dossier were paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC during the campaign, yet crickets chirp. This was a man settling a private matter he did not wish to become public, one with zero criminal implications as adultery is not a crime in this nation... yet we have people calling that personal financial agreement a crime. The dossier, taken as a packet of fabrications, was an actual crime. Clinton and the DNC paid for the slander and libel against their opponent...

We're dealing with a ridiculous group of ridiculous people who simply can't stand, two years after the fact, the reality that they lost a GD election.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They're avoiding prosecution because they didn't commit any crimes. They "admitted" things because fighting a money pit like Mueller, even when you have a winning case, costs a lot more than copping a plea does.

Mueller hasn't proved squat except for the age old truth that the guy with the most resources usually breaks his foe in a court proceeding. It's why the RIAA was never seriously challenged in court a bunch of teenagers signed agreements to not download music again instead of trying to fight an organization with millions of dollars at their disposal and a court system willing to allow the process to drag along until the little guy was financially drained and couldn't fight anymore.

You are championing the abuse of power within the American legal system. Sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeah… losing the Congress, many past friends, and associates now going to jail, a new charge almost every day, can't even get replacements for those who have left, so who's laughing

The joke is your disingenuous spin on those matters. Trump’s living rent free in your head.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join