It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: Prosecutors have evidence the president committed a felony

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

They admitted it in a document stating they would not charge Pecker if he cooperates. Can't recall what the document is called at this time.
In that document they say they discussed it with one other member of the campaign in a meeting they had to discuss the payments.
Turns out that one other was none other than donald j trump.
Just another story you guys are ignoring this morning.
He can claim he knows nothing about any of this but its just one more lie. He can feign ignorance saying I dont think a payment was ever made.... Bullschitt.

and the fec said this was a violation?
cause that has worked out real well for the doj when they pursued charges previously.....
wait what?
its not even the doj who charged this?
mkay
nevermind
this is nothing but a stunt to attempt to smear the potus

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Now you're just being willfully ignorant.

YOU calling anyone willfully ignorant is an unexpected holiday treat
that is a laugh riot
thanks for the Friday levity

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Whistling past the boneyard.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Funny how the perp and the lawyers and the judge all think it is isnt it?

Ignoring reality is a sign of insanity.

"Ignoring reality is a sign of insanity."

Not only did the Pot meet the Kettle, they got married and had a bunch of little pans.

This has to be the most ironic post I have seen in years.

Thank you, ole Sillyone for the best laugh I have had in ages.
edit on R212018-12-14T09:21:04-06:00k2112Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Wow.... I really do not believe you are simply saying this isnt real.
Is that how you deal with problems in your life?
Ignore it it will go away?

wow
where did I state that?
what are you on today?
where is it available?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You only think I'm ignorant because you avoid the real news. Thats not my problem dude.
I am extremely well informed. You are the one who is in the dark.

Heard about the inauguration fund criminal case yet? I bet not.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ha ha but not to influence an election..... You keep forgetting that part.

hahaha
dont all newspapers attempt to influence elections?
that is why there is an exception
you are on fire today!
hope there is an extinguisher near by and someone trained to use it

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Every post you make says you do not believe this. Thats where you state that.
French roast coffee only so far. I need to go buy eggs.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You only think I'm ignorant because you avoid the real news.

no
it is because I read your posts

Thats not my problem dude.

that is just like your opinion dude

I am extremely well informed.

did your recycling guy tell you that?

You are the one who is in the dark.

nope central time zone here, not dark yet

Heard about the inauguration fund criminal case yet? I bet not.

yep
more mud slung at the wrong entity
en.wikipedia.org...
that is who is being investigated
not the potus dude

you are a holiday gift that brings retarded joy to all you encounter

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They were NOT publishing these stories. They were buying the rights to publish and burying them.
And I'm pretty sure the whole point was to not have the knowledge of this behavior out there. Too bad they missed the Access Hollywood tape.
Trumps friend Pecker ( I know its funny... trump has a friend) allegedly has a file full of stories like Stormy Daniels and Karen McDugals. This was entirely political. Not to protect his marriage as Giuliani has claimed.
Even if on the outside chance there is no crime (LOL) this just adds to the character assessment of donald j trump and you beer swilling tough guys may think that's A-Okay and oh soooo cool but most of america would not.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They were NOT publishing these stories. They were buying the rights to publish and burying them.

as media entities are known to do
ask Ronan Farrow about the practice
it is in no way illegal and protected by the first amendment
that is why there is an fec exemption for media

And I'm pretty sure the whole point was to not have the knowledge of this behavior out there.

yeah you were sure hillary would win as well and that trump wouldn't be sleeping in the white house tonight as well

Trumps friend Pecker ( I know its funny... trump has a friend) allegedly has a file full of stories like Stormy Daniels and Karen McDugals. This was entirely political.

and not illegal
see the fec media exemption

Even if on the outside chance there is no crime (LOL) this just adds to the character assessment of donald j trump and you beer swilling tough guys may think that's A-Okay and oh soooo cool but most of america would not.

what assessment is that?
that he is smarter than you buffoons and still the resident of the white house?

trumps affairs are disgusting, but still not worse than we would have gotten with hillary

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Of course Trump committed a felony. He was a co-conspirator with Cohen to influence 2016 elections by hiding payments made to women he had sexual relations with. Most likely other crimes will be revealed to. This does not mean Trump will be impeached, but I think there is a great likelihood that he will face the music once no longer in office.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Every candidate wants to be seen in the best light possible. Of course they are going to try and keep any skeletons in the closet from coming to light. You don't think Hillary, Bernie, or any of the others have suppressed unflattering information? Really? "Influencing the election" is the sole purpose of campaigning. Duh.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So congress can impeach trump for whatever they deem to be high crimes and misdemeanors
They will just have to explain such

www.foxnews.com...

former fec commissioners would probably know best

Some former FEC commissioners agree. Hans von Spakovsky -- who served on the FEC between 2006 and 2008 -- told Fox News there would have been a lot of pressure for Cohen to plead guilty due to the more serious financial charges he was facing related to his business dealings. But he argued the purpose and origin of the payments could be in dispute, and that's what determines whether a campaign-finance violation was committed. “The blackmail threat by Daniels and McDougal to reveal their claims would exist whether or not Trump was running for office. He was a well-known celebrity, and celebrities face these claims all the time,” he said.

interesting

In an op-ed for FoxNews.com, Spakovsky pointed to the campaign-finance charges against former Sen. John Edwards, who had supporters pay his mistress to keep quiet with campaign funds during a Democratic presidential bid. The charges against Edwards eventually were dismissed. "Convicting Donald Trump of a criminal campaign finance violation will be extremely difficult, if not impossible," he wrote. "Just as Edwards was found not guilty, the same is likely to happen to President Trump if he is charged while he is president or after he leaves the White House."

extremely difficult, if not impossible
again interesting

On the question of whether it would be impeachable, he noted that other violations -- such as one involving former President Barack Obama's 2008 campaign -- were only pursued as a civil matter: "As for the claim the hush-money payments would be an impeachable offense, members of Congress would have to explain why prior cases in which campaigns like that of Barack Obama paid civil penalties to the Federal Election Commission for violations of federal campaign finance law were not grounds for impeachment."

well now
we dont have a two tier justice system in our country do we?

Bradley Smith, a former FEC chairman from 2000-2005, said it was a “relatively easy case” to argue that Trump and Cohen did not commit a campaign-finance violation. He argued that prosecutors should have to prove the payment was only made in connection with his presidential run. “Even if it was intended to have some influence on the campaign, that’s not the standard,” he told Fox News. “The standard is: ‘Does the obligation exist because you’re running for office?’” In an article for National Review, Smith wrote that the law defines personal use, rather than campaign use, as spending “used to fulfill any commitment, obligation, or expense of a person that would exist irrespective of the candidate’s election campaign.” "Mr. Trump’s alleged decade-old affairs occurred long before he became a candidate for president and were not caused by his run for president," he wrote. "Renting campaign office space, printing bumper stickers and yard signs, hiring campaign staff, paying for polling, and buying broadcast ads are all obligations that exist for the purpose of influencing an election. Paying hush money to silence allegations of decade-old affairs is not."

does the obligation exist because you are running for office? interesting standard
on the other hand

However, other FEC commissioners see it differently. Former FEC Chairman Trevor Potter said there was evidence to suggest the payment was about influencing the election at a crucial moment when the Trump campaign was at its rockiest. “Had it not been for the campaign, the evidence strongly suggests that Daniels would never have been paid,” he argued in The Washington Post. He also wrote that it makes no difference that Trump reimbursed Cohen.

still it seems the fec officials know a bit more about this than ny prosecutors
without an actual fec violation finding having cohen plea to one is ridiculous and was only done to smear the potus

too bad they didnt file for a violation then follow the fec's recommendation
more leos acting outside actual protcol
imagine that

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That's only part of the issue, and not even a big part since that would technically be ok.

While some prefer to pretend this was just an "exempt media company" buying a story, what happened is that an active political candidate used a media company in attempts to obfuscate and launder what would otherwise be illegal in-kind payments in order to influence a federal election. Cohen even turned over tapes of he and Trump discussing setting up a shell company in order to payback AMI. As Cohen's prosecutors stated, this was a "sophisticated" effort to deceive and obfuscate.

This wasn't simply some "exempt media company" acting alone, and two of the participants have stated as much on the record.
edit on 12/14/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Judge Nap is the biggest never Trumpers in the country. Shepherd hates Trump too. Total BS report.
I’ve been wondering about that. Wondering why The Judge is so against him. Sheep... I saw him at lunchtime today and if it wasn’t a workplace environment I would have just turned it off. So sad that Fox is going that direction.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join