It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants to tax your text messages

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ironically, a simple poll tax would likely end a number of these California taxes and the careers of the politicians who keep raising them within one single term following their next election.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The impending property tax write-off cap may do a lot toward ending the taxageddon because people aren't going to be able to write those off, and I don't see the House on its own being able to reverse that easily.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The impending property tax write-off cap may do a lot toward ending the taxageddon because people aren't going to be able to write those off, and I don't see the House on its own being able to reverse that easily.

It won't be reversed. Even if the Dems had the House, Senate, and presidency it would remain because it represents more tax for DC, which that party is utterly enamored with.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Depends. Most of those states are high tax blue havens. Giving them that "tax cut" would appease their voters and still keep that tax revenue in blue strongholds.

I could see it being one tax cut they could get behind.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I has my moments.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ha, brilliant! I'll keep an eye on this topic with exactly that in mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The California Texting Tax is officially D.O.A./Cancelled.

www.foxnews.com...

Even Californians have their limit, it seems.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Eventually California will take all your money and disperse it as they see fit!! MARXISM.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tax1155

They have most people believing they are helpless, that there is nothing they can do but go with the flow.

Yet many of those same people, have a melt down when someone, or some group they don't like, bucks the system and wins.

The power is in the people and in their pockets.

If enough people stop feeding the system, things will change. Of course that will mean having to make some sacrifices and having to deal with some inconveniences for a while, so that is why nothing will change.

People can't have their cake and eat it too. And you can rest assured, if you ignore the assault on your neighbor, they will eventually come for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Because we have been indoctrinated into that thought.

The taxes, both direct and indirect, on gasoline are literally astronomical. Yet, when gas prices go up, who do we blame? The evil oil companies, who produce the gasoline, not the sainted government who does nothing to produce anything (other than misery). Both are responsible, and both should have a stake in our ire when we complain. In reality, the one who simply raises the prices without adding to the product should have a larger stake.

If this tax passes, it will likely be struck down and replaced with a less visible version... in which case, the evil phone companies will then be targeted, not the government that raised the price.

TheRedneck

Yeah and then the phone companies will pass that expense onto the customer by uppi g the costs of text message and phone calls

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join