It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez for Potus? She may have found a loophole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Astronomical phenomena are racist... didn't you hear about the last solar eclipse? It skipped the black areas of the country.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Alexandria Ocasio Cortezes NEXT Great Quote to the Press ............

" I ...A,,m N,,a,,,w ...Re...Ta....r.....ded " White People !

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
If she does run it'll be a guaranteed win for the republicans.

No matter who runs.

Seriously, who the FLUCK have they got????

When this fascist woman is their NUMBER ONE BEST chance, then where the hell are they as a party???

They’re done.

I can’t wait to see who they use as a candidate. It’s gonna be funny as hell!

If it’s not a homosexual transgender broke homeless muslim illegal-immigrant, then they’re just hypocrites.
edit on 12 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The next few Republican Presidential wins will be entertaining. Better than Netflix..

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Because Donald Trump is the only one allowed to make jokes.

You guys are really afraid of her, aren't you?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Because it's not quite so simple. How many women want to register for the draft?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The next few Republican Presidential wins will be entertaining. Better than Netflix..

You’re not wrong there. 2020 and 2024 all but guaranteed. I just hope that 2024 is also a Trump. Ivanka or Jr or Eric. I can almost hear the “REEEEEEEEEEEEEE” already.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Stop it with the hysterics already

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

She's not very bright, is she?

What does running for POTUS have to do with the ERA?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Identity politics has so infiltrated the thinking in society, that the office of president should not go to the most qualified, but be determined by race/gender/gender preference/religion.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nope.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Nope.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I know I'm missing something here, but what is she actually saying?

That because she thinks the constitution says "he," that she will run for president in order to get republicans to approve this equal rights amendment? And, that this "threat" somehow has teeth because she is under the age requirement?

I must be wrong, because that makes about as much sense as saying "I like cornbread because planes have dingleberries."

To preface, she may have been kidding. Text can almost always be taken out of context.

To answer you, that's pretty much the gist of it. She's going to force the Republican's hand on the equal rights amendment by running for president.

Personal opinion: why she needs to force their hand on this at all is beyond me. Just give ladies equal rights! Why does that bother so many people? It truly confounds me, I don't get it.

Heck, while theyre at it, why not give men equal rights as well?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Nope.

TheRedneck

Commie Barbie

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
"Occasional Cortex"

...strikes again!!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

DNC now grooming her as the next Obama on RED BULL?

Property records show that she was part owner [heir] of her fathers home in Westchester County until 24Oct16. Mother who "scrubbed toilets" was able to move to Lakes County in Florida before the age of 55 and purchase a home on 22Dec2016. Seems that the entire family knew that the election was in the win column bag well before the election. As part owner did she not receive some money from the sale of the property to cover her rent in DC?

I got into the wrong field. I worked 60-70 hours a week as an Engineer. My whole life went by and I still am paying off my student loans. Someone needs to see if Moms already retired as that would be a "working class" kicker in the arse.

I SHOULD HAVE SCRUBBED TOILETS. I WOULD BE RETIRED BY NOW AND THE FEDS WOULD HAVE PAID FOR MY EDUCATION. KNOW WONDER WHY THE CARAVANS KEEP ON COMING

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

OK, so let's see what we have here:
  • She's going to run for President even though the Constitution says she can't.

• She says she can do this because the Constitution says "he," when it says "any person."

• She's going to do this to force the Congress to change the Constitution, but the Congress doesn't have the final say on amendments... that's the states.

• All this is necessary because women don't have equal rights, even though they do.
Am I missing anything here?

Soooo much stoopid, sooooo little time...

TheRedneck

EVidently, she believes the Equal RIghts Amendment would make age discrimination unlawful and override the body of the Constitution. I guess that's the reason she's compelled to invoke ERA. Otherwise, she's just a very special variety (endangered species) of dumbass. Too much Idiocracy for this one. Had dinner with the Secretary of Education (from Idiocracy) Friday Night, BTW.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I doubt the imbecile could even carry California. I wish her the best and would love to see her run.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
She's going to force the Republican's hand on the equal rights amendment by running for president.

Personal opinion: why she needs to force their hand on this at all is beyond me. Just give ladies equal rights! Why does that bother so many people? It truly confounds me, I don't get it.

I read the text, and I don't get it.

What does it (the ERA) achieve? What, specifically does it change in the Constitution? Or, what in the Constitution right now is preventing the equal application of the laws for both men and women?
edit on 13-12-2018 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It's very unequal, in favor of women.

Who registers for the draft?

<< 1    3 >>

join