It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants want entry or 50K

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Considering what it ultimately costs American taxpayers when they do get in the country $50k to send them home now might be a bargain.

Perhaps if you offered to give them $$$ out of your own pocket, or to live in your house with you paying for all their needs, they might take you up on it? After all, isn't that the "moral" thing to do that so many here espouse and deride others for not being empathetic enough on their "plight"?

BTW: I won't hold my breath waiting for you and others to actually put your $$$ where your mouth is here. That would require more than virtue signalling, it would require an actual empathetic commitment to help. And I do not see that happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
$50k each, hmmm. If there was 100k people that would be $5 billion, which I think is the cost of the wall Trump wants.

So build the wall and we have the next few caravans covered as well. Done and done. And since they can’t get in, Mexico will pay for it in a different way.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How about Mexico spends about 500 Pesos each putting them into buses and sending them home.

Mexico needs to quit this troll game already.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You misunderestimated my sarcasm in that post.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Krakatoa

You misunderestimated my sarcasm in that post.

You are likely correct. Sarcasm online is difficult to detect when someone doesn't make an effort to indicate as such.

Just Sayin'....................

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Source

If the us doesn't want more migrants they should stop interfering economically, politically, and with military presence in central american countries - asking the president to shut down all US military bases in those countries. If the president doesn't comply -

News report cuts to a video with a migrate speaking:

The guy speaking in the video is saying something in Spanish, it roughly translates to something like 'give us the necessities"

The anchor cuts the video of his speech short and goes on to say

If the president doesn't comply, they want 50 thousand dollars

Would be nice to see what he actually said, in addition here is the letter that was 'sent' to Trump:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think we all need to remember this when the next "crisis at the border" occurs, and the left breaks out the bleeding hearts and buckets of tears. It seems they can never remember things like this, but if they are reminded, perhaps eventually, they might start to get it.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

If i was trump i would send a reply to them to be read outloud to them. Two words F and U with a picture of a middle finger.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I think we all need to remember this when the next "crisis at the border" occurs, .

Probably better to determine if actually happened the way it's being portrayed first...
actually never mind, carry on.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What's to prevent them taking their 50k...and coming back for seconds...and thirds?

Can't we just give them all Starbucks gift cards?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I was them, I would demand TVs and little drink umbrellas from China. That is, essentially, what we do.

I discovered you and another of my favorite posters are over 50. That is very cool! I am not 40 yet and can only relate to my Sr.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Knowing our government we will probably give them the fifty grand. Of course, it will be done after the new house gets into power.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And, on a holiday when every one is not looking.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I could really use 50k, but guess what, I must make my world around me a place where that is a reality. I will build and produce right where I am and uplift the local community. Its not easy here either.

I am actually OK with building some job opportunities where these guys are from. Not government based but private based. Still "America First"... Then...
edit on 12-12-2018 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

I have been to parts of Honduras. Its a place where food grows 364 days a year give or take. They are not hungry.
edit on 12-12-2018 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

I think we all need to remember this when the next "crisis at the border" occurs, .

Probably better to determine if actually happened the way it's being portrayed first...

LOL, yea, I forgot, the last time when the left screamed they were looking for Asylum from a horrible homeland, and not just jobs, it was thoroughly vetted and researched.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

LOL, yea, I forgot, the last time when the left screamed they were looking for Asylum from a horrible homeland, and not just jobs, it was thoroughly vetted and researched.

Ah, I see, so someone else was stupid enough to fall for bs so you feel obligated to do so too.

Thats stupid.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What's to prevent them taking their 50k...and coming back for seconds...and thirds?

Can't we just give them all Starbucks gift cards?
]
Imagine what would happen if a few of them showed back up waiving stacks of 100's and claim they been paid by Trump Administration in some non-disclosed deal to the public...

Creating a massive migration of millions who think they can get $50k if they show up...

Could have a stipulation, could not ever do again in the future and that this was settled forever, for that person.

Might be less expensive in the long run and would stimulate economic growth in communities...

Could reduce other stimulus packages that go to help the countries some more to offset the cost..

Could negotiate down to $5000 and then multiple times all the anticipated immigrants who will attempt to get the same deal..

Trump could just shrug his shoulders and tell everyone that he warned them of what would happened, if the wall was not built and claim he was right and then emergency order for military to build it is required, because of the lame Democrats and how they have endangered the entire country.

Could push the story in all the media that payments are in secret being made and 1000's are getting paid and put out some real good fake media blitz news stories...to get all the immigrants packing.

If Soros or anyone who was wanting to see an immigration crisis happen at the border and the current caravans did not get the budget for the wall...this could do it....especially if they started taking the buses

link   

“You got it wrong, Trump. We asked for jobs and you responded with weapons. That is not polite. If asking for work is troublesome, then I am totally confused. La Caravana.”
Additionally, the migrants said they want the U.S. government to provide $50,000 for their trips back to their respective home countries if they aren't allowed asylum in the United States.

WAIT!

I thought they HAD to flee there because they were being oppressed?!

Nope just wanted jobs!

edit on 12-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not sure if these costs are correct

"The Pentagon (US taxpayer) will foot the bill for the deployment. It’s unclear how much it will cost, but so far the military paid $185 million to send 2,000 National Guard troops to the border earlier this year."

"The group of about 4,000 migrants from mostly Honduras and Guatemala is currently 1,000 miles and weeks away from the US border"

Was it $50000 each or all together
Potential total either
$50000
or
4000x50000 = $200000000

Would it have been cheaper and easier to pay them $10000 each and keep military at home, not saying its right but seeing as money seems to be the driver in the discord here and US national debt is rising, should Trump have 4d chessed them with an early offer

instead the troop numbers and costs (I assume went up)

"And on Wednesday, Trump indicated that the final total of troops may hover between 10,000 and 15,000"

Possible total cost based on earlier figures

2000 troops = $185000000

lets say 10000 was the total thats 5 times more thus the potential cost to the m̶i̶l̶i̶t̶a̶r̶y̶ US Taxpayer could be $925000000

The US is sending 5,000 troops to the border. Here’s what they can and can’t do

Is this classed as a win (if figures are correct) I expect being fed to the wolves for suggesting this, I will also say I could be wrong I only used 1 article to check the numbers

edit on 12-12-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

What's to stop the cartels from "collecting" all of those new wads of cash from the immigrants?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join