It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ReCycled Souls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Our existence here is a wonderful and at times terrifying mystery we will probably never unravel.

We find ourselves suddenly aware/conscious, and when we are young most of us have enough new stimulus to keep us occupied, happy, and interested. All of our questions seem to have fairly satisfying answers. Adults answer our queries with confidence and everything seems to make sense in our initial attempt to figure life out.

Then something happens (the specific event varies for each of us) that shakes us to the core and brings our most treasured beliefs into question.

We endure suffering. We see others suffer too, and hear of torturous agonizing conditions which make us want to believe there is weight in our pain-- that isn’t all for naught and that there is inherent meaning permeating our earthly experience. We are reasonable creatures (how DID this come about, exactly?) and therefore seek a reason for our being.

Time chips away at us with brutal persistence. We regard time as a thief and associate it with loss. It appears to us as engaged in some unwavering forward march. But WHAT IF time worked cyclically? Can our future inform and alter our past?

Edgar Cayce had some fascinating views regarding reincarnation. What I find so interesting about Cayce’s visions of past lives is that they deeply disturbed his Christian worldview at first (hence the ideas seem to have come from outside of him, rather than from his own psyche).

www.edgarcayce.org...

I love this quote of Cayce’s

“In the studies, then, know where ye are going ... to find that ye only lived, died and were buried under the cherry tree in Grandmother’s garden does not make thee one whit better neighbor, citizen, mother or father! But to know that ye spoke unkindly and suffered for it and in the present may correct it by being righteous – that is worthwhile!

Edgar Cayce reading 5753-2

That we might be here to experience it ALL-- to wrong and be wronged to learn, suffer, grow, and finally earn a level of understanding and perfection through multi-faceted experiences here is a fascinating theory that I enjoy entertaining.

Some really fascinating cases of kids remembering past lives:
www.youtube.com...

Thoughts?
edit on 12-12-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The other thing to consider is that maybe, we are all part of a single collective, and able to tap into the universal data bank, hence being able to see, remember, or experience another persons existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yes, another very interesting possibility! The vids of kids remembering specific past lives, with a different set of parents (some who are still alive) are interesting though and (in my mind) contradict the all is one theory.

(Tapping into a life which no longer exists?)
edit on 12-12-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Spot on! I believe we're connected to everything in the Universe...including our Creator. I'm not a religious guy, but I'm an ex-Catholic, who believes the world's religions don't bring people together in a spiritual sense, but divides them. IMO, a "major" world religion is like an exclusive club, whose members are forced to accept a specific dogma. Religion discriminates, alienates and causes conflicts around the world. Religion needs faith to survive...but faith does not need any form of religion.

“Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning and purpose to our lives.”
― Brené Brown

edit on 12/12/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's because Truth is discriminating. Faith in what?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's because Truth is discriminating. Faith in what?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Yes, another very interesting possibility! The vids of kids remembering specific past lives, with a different set of parents (some who are still alive) are interesting though and (in my mind) contradict the all is one theory.

(Tapping into a life which no longer exists?)

Why would it contradict?

If the person that was able to tap a collective/universal bank of information, by a unique capability, similar to what empaths, or psychic use to dazzle people, then why not past live memories.

I'm going to leave everyone with some woo-woo stuff, since ATS is a prove it to me group. I cannot prove any of it, look within, and ask the questions.

We are all an equal slice of the universe, no more, no less, we are in the process of remembering who, and what we are currently. We chose to play a forget game, but the forgetfulness era is turning quickly, to remembering again, remembering where we came from, who we are, and our purpose.

The reasons for an unsettled earth is deep down we know who, and what we truly are, and it frustrates us because we know we are not this limited illusion we call "Ourselves".

Look around at people, more and more are starting to question the status-quo, the more that question, the more we remember.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I suppose I'm trying to fathom the notion of one soul, of billions, separated from but also somehow directly linked to those same billions, picking up a specific memory of a recently or not so recently deceased and considering those memories (in some cases) to be their own real or true recollections.
Lol now I am confused.
How and why pick up that set of memories? Why does this phenomenon seem to be specifically linked to children? And why do many of these children insist that they died and remember their death and in some cases feel more at home in their previous life?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I suppose I'm trying to fathom the notion of one soul, of billions, separated from but also somehow directly linked to those same billions, picking up a specific memory of a recently or not so recently deceased and considering those memories (in some cases) to be their own real or true recollections.
Lol now I am confused.
How and why pick up that set of memories? Why does this phenomenon seem to be specifically linked to children? And why do many of these children insist that they died and remember their death and in some cases feel more at home in their previous life?

Again, I can't prove any of this, but will tell you from personal experience.

Children are very close to source/oneness, since they were born within a few years of those memories. Could they be part of that soul? Absolutely, since we all come from oneness.

Our "Ego's", are a massive part of our forgetfulness, as time passes, and we're convinced by ego that we are separate, we lose more of our oneness memories. What's interesting is the the ego, is scared to death (pun intended), of not existing.

We are eternal, there was no creation, we have always existed, however we have just forgotten this. I know this goes against all religious dogmas, and what most believe, but restless souls want to be oneness again. We only need to look around to see this maybe the Real Truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I think that there is no past or future, just one moment stretching towards infinity in both directions. It’s only our subjective experience and a naive faith in eventuality that leads us to believe that time is a tangible thing we can watch pass.

Maybe what Cayce was doing was shedding the subjective experience and experiencing the true nature of time, where every event in history is happening at the same time. And that’s the source of information he was in contact with.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

Faith in a higher power...but you already knew that didn't you? I totally "get" the quote, "One man's truth is another man's folly." However, the only one I have to answer to is myself, no one else. If someone has a nihilistic view of life...fine by me. As a person of faith, my job is not to convert the unbeliever, but to be respectful to them. I don't think some members of certain "world" religions believe in that idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hmmm.. yes maybe!
I do believe we are all connected to the same source (God/Love).
Maybe certain children pick up on random lives of others and so deeply internalize these memories they cannot distinguish them from their own.

Maybe the children are right and they truly are the exact same soul in a new body.
The Inuit are one culture who believe this-- traditionally they name their new children after the most recently deceased relative, believing their souls return.
Who knows the real truth?

But it's a perplexing and not always rewarding exercise.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I think that there is no past or future, just one moment stretching towards infinity in both directions. It’s only our subjective experience and a naive faith in eventuality that leads us to believe that time is a tangible thing we can watch pass.

I think you're on to something here, and totally agree.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But it's a perplexing and not always rewarding exercise.

That is the conundrum that keeps us from remembering. When we look at the way we are indoctrinated, in religions, politics, and society it's based on fear.

Just think if we nurtured children with those memories, insights, and gifts from the moment they are able to speak what kind of society we'd have, but unfortunately we diminish, mock, dismiss, and ridicule. Just remember they are less removed from God source, or the oneness, so they'd be the ones to ask, or remember the truth.

My comment are not a bad, or good thing, just an observation.

I remember when we only had a few channels on the TV, and settled for that, but then as time moved on we discovered it's truly limitless; It's the same with our senses, and abilities.

Awareness is key.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Thoughts?

No thanks.
Have already had too much to think today.

Have not been in contact with any such memories, so am not sure about those possibilities.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Computer processor or TV receiver. I think it's an interesting case to claim TV receiver since how the human mind's memory works is pretty much a mystery. But since materialism is gospel, no one with funding ever goes after proving really out-of-the-box theories.

I think the Tibetan book of the Dead is very interesting on the subject of death and rebirth. Unless you achieve a state of having a clear conscious of having no fears, no regrets, and no desires, you will face every possible worst experience in the afterlife until you find a suitable vessel for rebirth. If you have the proper state of mind, the endless cycle of death and rebirth will end. And you become enter into the final Buddha state which is everlasting bliss, with no experience of time, as your consciousness melts into the one Universal mind.

edit on 12-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Computer processor or TV receiver. I think it's an interesting case to claim TV receiver since how the human mind's memory works is pretty much a mystery.

They were analogies not claims.

Some people have little experience on metaphysical, so sometimes to bridge the gap awkward analogies and labels from the 3D are used.

Claiming anything metaphysical is a logical fallacy in itself, because it can not be proven.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I've always though the light everyone says they see is us being reborn those who see the light but return to tell about it must not have survived that birth .

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

They were analogies not claims.

Some people have little experience on metaphysical, so sometimes to bridge the gap awkward analogies and labels from the 3D are used.

No need to use imperfect analogies on my behalf

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that when a leaf dies and falls to the ground, it fertilizes and reintegrates with the tree that gave it life. The evergreen is perhaps an example of what could be when we escape this cyclical death sentence - known as Moksha or the Passover.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join