It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who are the leading Dem candidates for POTUS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That joke will never get old.
Its the gift that keeps on giving all year round.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No.

In fact, you know what truly never gets old? Prophetic statements (and I dare say guidelines for forum usage which I keep pointing out and somehow keeps getting ignored) made by a genuine man.

I'm infuriated at the tone of politics on ATS... and fed-up with the trolls, hacks, and idiots who favor insults over issues.

We tried...

Over the years, we've attempted to correct the course of political discussion on ATS in several ways with numerous announcement threads, policies, and warnings. The result has been little more than a temporary reduction of the name calling and rote insults by political idiots and ideological parrots.

I'm fully aware that the contemporary atmosphere of politically-inspired hate fostered by the mainstream (and not-so-mainstream) entertainment sensationalists spewing exaggerations and lies for attention's sake is the primary contributing factor. I also agree that this is likely an unwinnable fight, but firmly believe it's one worth fighting.

Its amazing to me how correct SkepticOverlord was about what you people would become and why he has made the conscious choice of barely ever showing up on his OWN SITE any longer.

Unwinnable fight indeed.
edit on 12-12-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

No.

Oh yes the 1/1024 joke is funny no matter how much you deny it.
Its appropriateness you may be correct about, but make no mistake it is funny and will continue to be funny as the native brought that upon herself.
Perhaps you could alert the authorities to the inappropriate post along with your browbeating?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I think you missed:

Any has been rappers, boxers, etc
some homeless guy from San Fran
a glass of water

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: notsure1

Oprah doesn't want her skeletons out of the closet.

If oprah gets elected we will only be two or so elections away from president herbert camacho.

I could see Crews winning, as Crews. He seems like a likable guy. So he'd run as himself, win over the public, get elected and then bamn!!!! Show up at inauguration as comacho.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

A thread about potential democrat candidates for president posted in the US Political Madness forum inspired that post?

Or was it just the joke?

Either way, wow, just wow.

I'm off to review site policies and rules now, so I'm more careful not to upset extremely sensitive members with harmless humor in the future.

You have my sincere apologies sir.

Don't ban me bro

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'd vote for Crews, at least he's actually done a hard day of work in his life.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I'd totally back a Nick Offerman/Terry Crews ticket.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Here's the Washington Post top 15 Dem candidates
www.washingtonpost.com... 23e5d8f

Itt is awufl but I wont be voting POTUS in 2020.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No.

In fact, you know what truly never gets old? Prophetic statements (and I dare say guidelines for forum usage which I keep pointing out and somehow keeps getting ignored) made by a genuine man.

I'm infuriated at the tone of politics on ATS... and fed-up with the trolls, hacks, and idiots who favor insults over issues.

We tried...

Over the years, we've attempted to correct the course of political discussion on ATS in several ways with numerous announcement threads, policies, and warnings. The result has been little more than a temporary reduction of the name calling and rote insults by political idiots and ideological parrots.

I'm fully aware that the contemporary atmosphere of politically-inspired hate fostered by the mainstream (and not-so-mainstream) entertainment sensationalists spewing exaggerations and lies for attention's sake is the primary contributing factor. I also agree that this is likely an unwinnable fight, but firmly believe it's one worth fighting.

Its amazing to me how correct SkepticOverlord was about what you people would become and why he has made the conscious choice of barely ever showing up on his OWN SITE any longer.

Unwinnable fight indeed.

It must make you feel superior knowing you haven't posted on this site with a political slant.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You're asking the wrong question.

Who is the GOP going to run if trump decides not to run a second term?

I think he would win easily if the election was tomorrow. But I'm not sure he will run.

Condaleeza Rice would destroy any opponent.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Good list, but do you really think HRC won't be wheeling herself out there explaining why she "deserves" it?

Also, Cortez sadly is not eligible under that stupid old constitution document because supposedly she won't be old enough. Its time to start a movement now for an amendment to specifically add an exception to the age 35 requirement to allow her to run.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Slave2theTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I agree completely. It drives me crazy how a lot of people on here completely ignore someone's actual political prowess/standing/etc and decide to instead focus on personal insults. Then when you call them out..."go to your safe place, snowflake. MAGA!" That isn't an argument, and isn't even saying anything of substance.

I like to think it's because they can't actually make a well-constructed argument about the politics of the people they choose to insult over and over, and therefore must take the lowest of low roads and resort to insulting the person.

Yes, Elizabeth Warren made a mistake. I would like to contend that she didn't actually know she was making a mistake, as she never had a DNA test prior to this whole *storm, and went off of what her family told her. I've been telling people I'm of German heritage my entire adult life, because my family told me that. If I were to take a DNA test and found out I'm actually of Swedish ancestry, would that make me a liar? No. It would make me misinformed.

However, to their point, she used false information (i.e. lied) to try to get things she wanted.

To counter their point, lying to try to get what you want sounds a LOT like their yellow-haired savior. Trump lies constantly. Blatantly. Easily proven wrong. Yet, they NEVER question his lies. 4d chess and all that. Do whatever it takes to win, MAGA!

The hypocrisy is blinding. The insults are hard to read through in order to focus on actual content. It's driven several people from this site, and as you say, SkepticOverlord is being "driven" from his own site because of it. It's sad.

None of that matters though, right? More "winning".

Ugh.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
As far as I can tell it is,

Biden (LOL) 100 years old
Bernie (LOL) 101 years old
Kamala (Dirty just dirty)
Booker (cockeyed)
Beto (LOL Bob)
Cortez (LMFAO)

Who did I miss?

That is a truly sad list of humans

I would agree that non of those can beat Trump...Sander's could have last time but he appeared to cow down to the DNC and Hillary at the end. Came across weak and turned off a lot of voters. He won't have the same appeal next time.

If any of these run, Trump is a shoe in for a second term. It takes a celebrity to beat a celebrity.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The kind of sad who makes a list of political representatives to mock without providing background information or any useful data at all?

There isn't a name on the list that would require background information for any American that hasn't been living among an undiscovered isolated tribe of humans in the Amazon jungle for decades.

I'm not particularly up to speed on what makes Kamala, Beto and Booker stand out, so that makes you quite wrong in your assertion.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

no it doesn't. They don't stand out.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You're asking the wrong question.

Who is the GOP going to run if trump decides not to run a second term?

I think he would win easily if the election was tomorrow. But I'm not sure he will run.

Most anybody would probably outperform Trump. He lost the popular vote and the only time period during which his approval rating (around 40%) was higher than the disapproval rating was during the first 12 days of his presidency (per the aggregate poll at FiveThirtyEight)

I suspect Cruz might try again (unless his near-thrashing by Beto scared him off.)

I would think that Pence is probably the likely nominee to succeed Trump. Newsweek agrees and puts him at the top of likely contenders. Of all the ones on that list, I think I like Ben Sasse best...but I'd have to find out more about his views and policies. I'd rather not see Mark Cuban... I'm tired of business running government.

On the likely Democrats I really do like Beto. He's got strong grass roots support from around the country and he's got some legislative experience. I'd go for a Biden-Beto (or Beto-Biden) ticket.

Heck, I'd even go for a yellah dawg if it wins the nomination.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The kind of sad who makes a list of political representatives to mock without providing background information or any useful data at all?

There isn't a name on the list that would require background information for any American that hasn't been living among an undiscovered isolated tribe of humans in the Amazon jungle for decades.

I'm not particularly up to speed on what makes Kamala, Beto and Booker stand out, so that makes you quite wrong in your assertion.

Can't speak for the others, but Beto had a lot of traction here in Texas and from all over the country. He basically appeals to a lot of the people who liked Bernie Sanders. His "grass roots" approach was to drive around Texas in his truck, talking to everyone he could. Cruz, on the other hand, hid in his office (I kid you not), did a few speeches, and solicited donations from his wealthy buddies (and he didn't do well there because, frankly, nobody really likes him. His fellow Republicans will ally with him for the party but not many like him at all.)

Beto is a moderate-left winger. He's for corporate responsibility, health care, and disability rights (Texas has a VERY bad health care record, with the highest mortality rate of pregnant women in the entire first world). You can eyeball his platform that he ran on in 2018 here

He's also fairly charismatic (unlike Cruz) and people actually LIKE the guy (unlike Cruz.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join