It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.4, and 3.2 Aftershock Earthquakes Hit 11km NNE of Decatur, Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
A 4.4 earthquake hit 11 km NNe of Decatur, Tennessee 53 minutes ago, and a 3.2 aftershock hit the same area 43 minutes ago.

Link

Apparently the 4.4 earthquake was even felt in Atlanta.

DECATUR, Tenn. (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude 4.4 earthquake struck eastern Tennessee and could be felt in Atlanta.

The light earthquake occurred early Wednesday morning about 7 miles (11 kilometers) northeast of Decatur. About 13 minutes later, a 3.3 magnitude aftershock then struck.

kttc.com...

Thankfully, so far the good news is that there are no reports of injuries or damage. Although the main quake was just a 4.4 it was strong enough to be felt in Atlanta.

Hope everyone in the area is safe.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

From Illinois, was checking how close to the New Madrid fault line it was.. Seems it's pretty far east of but I hope it's not foreshadowing of something even bigger. Hope everyone stayed safe! Never really experienced an earthquake, and would rather not.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
30 min away. I felt nothing.

Ugh, bummed...never been in an earthquake.

Thanks, will be watching now

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

From Illinois, was checking how close to the New Madrid fault line it was.. Seems it's pretty far east of but I hope it's not foreshadowing of something even bigger. Hope everyone stayed safe! Never really experienced an earthquake, and would rather not.

There was a fault line found a few years back running through east of where this was in VA and probably follows the Appalachians from what I recall. We need our EQ experts, and I am not one. I do think it is normal for the Earth to move and EQ's happen. Glad they didn't get a whopper like Anchorage did recently.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I'm about 45 minutes away. I was sitting at the kitchen table and the bakers rack behind me started vibrating and the glass on it was rattling also. I thought WTH? It woke the printer up from it's "sleep" mode.

By the time I got to the back door to look outside at the heat pump (I don't know why that was my initial reaction!) to make sure it was running, it was not, the vibration had stopped.

It was very slight, I would imagine that I would have slept through it.

Link to Regional Info from USGS

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The last time the planets were on one side of the sun was in 1812,so be vigilant maybe history doesn't repeat itself,but from what our ancestors messages they left us,is that it does

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Don't be bummed for when you do experience it and it's a big one I'm sure you won't be too happy.

To Justoneman, I'm definitely sooo not an expert now but I'll search around for the fault, the Earth moves in mysterious ways

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

found a bit of info and doom. glad I wasn't in your shoes I would have thought it was me not the ground. lol

www.express.co.uk...

ETA: Even talks about the 200 years cycle oldtimer was talking about but really who knows where and when disasters will happen. Except maybe your pets.
edit on 12-12-2018 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2018 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I live in Cali. I don't like earthquakes

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

THat's how I felt when the BP DOOMongers promised the oil gusher plus hurricane would create an epic fireball tsunami that would ignite the atmosphere on fire.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lmao, that would be called what? The Black gold Firewall?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
At the triangle of North Carolina and about a few hundred miles away. Last night, early morning, I heard a roar that lasted maybe 5 seconds. No movement but just the roar. Earthquake came to mind, then I rolled over and nodded back off.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interesting coincidence a little North and a day or so prior...

Mystery radar blips appear over Illinois and Kentucky and nobody knows why

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Jesus man, sounds like the Wednsday after Taco Tuesday

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Its weird didnt feel this one here in the ATL,but about 10 years ago there was one that was felt here I was sleeping and woke up and it felt like when the clothes dryer gets spinning on its off kilter that quick shaking feeling. Well thats what woke me up except I was asleep in the basement on the sofa in a room that was on a concrete slab.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
Interesting coincidence a little North and a day or so prior...

Mystery radar blips appear over Illinois and Kentucky and nobody knows why

HAARP. Busted again. Test run or failed attempt?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

THat's how I felt when the BP DOOMongers promised the oil gusher plus hurricane would create an epic fireball tsunami that would ignite the atmosphere on fire.

As i remember large amounts of methane were sipping from the Gulf Coast, and it was "a possibility", not a fact, that the methane could ignite and the explosion could cause a tsunami. But there was never any mention of the "fire igniting the atmosphere." But exaggerations do occur when hearsay is passed along. This is why hearsay is not admissible as evidence in any U.S. court.

edit on 12-12-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

join