It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Russia or China be supporting Mexican cartels - drugs, arms & smuggling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've wondered for some time if the cartels in Mexico didn't have some outside support from another country (besides the US and Mexican gov's) especially Russia and or China. It seems that it might be beneficial for each country for a number of reasons.

-Form an alliance with a powerful group on the border of the US - gives a foothold into Mexico should it be needed
-Allow investment in country (Russia or China) from illegal cash - help launder money
-Supply arms - both ways - Sell American made to Russia/China w/o going through another government & Russian or Chinese arms to Mexico for sale/use
-Intelligence on border operaions
-Influence in Mexico's government through cartel actions - helps weaken US through multiples of ways
-Supply synthetic drugs (both countries are known suppliers of Fent...) to cripple US through addiction
-Smuggling into the US - able to help country when/if needed

All of those are a means to wage a covert proxy war while also enriching a, or a few, groups in Mexico while at the same time draining $ from the US economy, killing Americans, destroying hope & morale in US, & possible form the basis for a coup de ta in Mexico if that were ever desirable (such as if in a war with the US). The new gov would obviously be friends with the country "helping" Mexico.

I'm sure there are more benefits that I didn't think of but from what I can see, this is a pretty solid list of some pretty powerful measures that can be used against the US and I would think it would come at relatively little cost to the country helping the cartels.

In addition to that list, the country could also give the cartels intelligence that is needed, even stuff within the US like stuff to blackmail politicians to give the cartels leverage over them so they can keep operating.

It's kind of scary to think how easy and how effective these measures could be and possibly how difficult it would be to prove the source of this influence or help from an outside country.

Does anyone think that there is a possible connection here? Even if it isn't Russia or China, it could be another coutnry like Venezuela or Iran or whoever doesn't like the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
nah the CIA has a corner on the market

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Nope, no need to, the US gov is owner of the "war on drugs" that has caused who knows how many million deaths and suffering. No need to look for reasons to diminish what the US government has and continues to do.

Stop using Russia as an excuse, it is childish and lame, like when you are in kindergarten and blame the kid next to you for eating the glue... lmfao

No Russia or China, no. Evidence is out there, for everyone to see.

Why are even considering it? when it is so clear?

better go look why US gov still keeps supporting murders in Syria, Yemen and pakistan and so on and yet also pretend they know nothing about it

Notice i said US gov, because i know they are not the country at all, just saying lol

edit on 12-12-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Does not seem to be happening on a large scale except for the fact that some countries supply Mexico with drugs. You always used to hear about Mexican poppies made into black tar heroin. Now it's fentanyl from China. Of course they get coc aine from South America.

Arms seem to flow from the US into Mexico but this doesn't come close to the gun running done in places like Brazil. The traffic from US is mostly just small arms.

None of this holds a candle to what the US does in Afghanistan selling heroin to Asia.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Nope the DEA has been supplier for decades,as well as CIA,all the war on drugs did was give them even more money to play with

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Russia is very strict on drugs and pot.
China is very strict on drugs.
American politicians are all talk when it comes to drugged up neighborhoods.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The CIA would go to war with them for that, as that's their turf.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The possibility of Russia interacting with the cartels is there, but I do not know if it exists. I do not think China would do that, it would lower their profits from sales of Chinese products in the US because the drug users spend their money on drugs.

The Odds of Russia working with the cartel is way higher than Trump knowingly and consciously colluding with Russia to win the election.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how often people use last generations conspiracies to downplay modern day theories instead of learning from them to gauge how they would work in this brave new world.

Russia and China's public stance on drugs is unlikely to influence their private operations against the US. It makes perfect sense to use drug cartels to infiltrate, influence and corrupt politicians or their family members. Any Cartel worth its salt would have links in major american cities like New York or DC. By working with the Cartel you have an in on the streets.

That's basic espionage.

I'd also point out that any serious action taken against the US wouldn't come directly from Russia or China, what would be the point when forcing the US into a Proxy war with South/Central American terrorist organizations or dictatorships would be equally effective.

And thats just the usual spy games stuff we should all expect by now. It doesn't acknowledge the fact that our wars across the pond are playing out and were left with just a few options if we want to continue our "War on Terror"

I know everyone says Africa, Africa, Africa.

It won't be Africa.

If TPTB have any sense then they have already planned, prepped and profited from our future ventures down South. Whether the justification is freeing our continental brothers and sisters from oppressive regimes or killing terrorists for their crimes against the US doesn't matter. The war will happen for the same reason it always does.

Money. Power. Control.

edit on 12-12-2018 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join