It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will she, wont she survive vote of no confidence?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

IBS introduced Universal Credit and was found guilty of denying disabled people the right to life by the UN inspector due to his disability benefit overhauls and resulted in the deaths of 35,000+ disabled people.

But, but, but, (cannot remember who said this) 'Our policies are working' said some Tory minister or other!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

IBS introduced Universal Credit and was found guilty of denying disabled people the right to life by the UN inspector due to his disability benefit overhauls and resulted in the deaths of 35,000+ disabled people. He's a failed army dropout who's destroyed anything he's touched.

He was doing a job he was given, a dirty job..... someone has to do.

I doubt it was a personal choice/ambition of his.

Cameron had personally tried to persuade Mr Duncan Smith to stay on and called the resignation "a bombshell at a very sensitive time".

In his Budget Mr Osborne had said the government would be spending an extra £1bn on disability but changes to disability benefits announced a few days earlier had suggested the government would save £4.4bn by 2020-21.

Mr Duncan Smith, wrote in his resignation letter that the changes to disability benefits were "defensible only in narrow terms, given the continuing deficit".

"I am unable to watch passively whilst certain policies are enacted in order to meet the fiscal self-imposed restraints that I believe are more and more perceived as distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest,"

"Too often my team and I have been pressured in the immediate run up to a Budget or fiscal event to deliver yet more reductions to the working-age benefit bill.

He wrote that he believed the cuts "would have been even fairer to younger families and people of working age if we had been willing to reduce some of the benefits given to better-off pensioners".

"It is therefore with enormous regret that I have decided to resign."

I lay the blame on claimers that are not entitled to benefits they claim,

Everyone knows people some even claiming disability who milk the system

I certainly do. Then there are those that appear on programmes and in the

papers who have fiddled the system.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So, in other words Duncan Smith cocked it up when he was The Minister that bought in Universal Credit.
Sounds like someone incompetent to me. Not PM material at all.

No one doing that job would pass your muster!!

Its a sh1t job, but someone has to do it

It has to be worked within a budget and the financial purse is not bottomless

You could of course pay more tax, but no one wants to do that.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sky says a majority of tory mps backed may, she is safe from another leadership vote for a year.

Bloody woman, why won't she just bugger off ?
edit on 21pWed, 12 Dec 2018 14:31:21 -060020182018-12-12T14:31:21-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Listen very closely, I've said it once and I'll tell you again. Whoever was in charge (conservatives or labour, but it had to be conservatives) a meaningful Brexit was NEVER on the cards. It was and is a #storm. Cameron saw this coming and f##### off. SO they wanted a scapegoat, a sacrificial lamb, step forward Theresa May. As a figurehead she's the one taking all the flak. Why are you all crying May this and May that. No matter what you think it's not just her, it's a group of conservatives who have come up with this, not just her.
So you just go on in your manufactured delusion that if May goes everything will be hunky dory. It wont.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
83 majority for the maybot

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ohhh well then, ,Mays still got a job

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Damn, I hoped she would be gone. I had my doubts though, this talk of her resigning bwfore the next election is what won it for her I think.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Ohhh well then, ,Mays still got a job

Yes .... but....but....but.....

ARE WE LEAVING? or still attached by an umbilical cord to the EU for ever.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Damn, I hoped she would be gone. I had my doubts though, this talk of her resigning bwfore the next election is what won it for her I think.

Looks like that was the price for certain votes, for sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^this.......:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Honestly, she looks like a pussy in front of the EU. Thatcher would have nuked em, THEN made a deal. WW1 and 2 peeps must be asking what they fought for.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Honestly, she looks like a pussy in front of the EU. Thatcher would have nuked em, THEN made a deal. WW1 and 2 peeps must be asking what they fought for.

What is she going to get us into???? She now has 12 months unchallenged!!!!

Frightening...

The EU puppet

Drunker will be Juncker tonight....... oops Juncker will be drunker tonight

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

You gotta remember she wants the UK to remain in the EU.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

She now has 12 months unchallenged!!!!

Does this just keep her safe from another bi confidence vote from her own party or does it include any that Corbyn could instigate?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If I was PM I would have laid out the deal on day one and said take it or suck it. Anyone in the UK buying a kraut....err German car after today should be seen as a traitor.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I joke about the pound to dollar rate but damn , she is leading the UK into a dark corner. Damned if she do ..damned if she don't. She only passed the vote because there are even bigger pussies behind her who only have themselves in mind. And peeps wonder where the yellow jackets come from

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So how long before Labour and the opposition sease the moment and trigger a vote of no confidence in the government to try to force a election.....

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

She now has 12 months unchallenged!!!!

Does this just keep her safe from another bi confidence vote from her own party or does it include any that Corbyn could instigate?

Just her own party

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Satire:

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join