It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will she, wont she survive vote of no confidence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So the vote of no confidence in Teresa May has been triggered
Vote

This is to take place between 6-8pm GMT.

Latest news is that she will make a statement outside No10 later this morning.....is she about to announce her resignation?

Will she survive the vote by the skin of her teeth?

Interesting roller coaster ride about to start that's for sure....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Great! Enter Rees-Mogg

Though no doubt we will end up with Amber Rudd - At which point I will lose faith entirely

And she will resign, we all know it, she has proven herself to be nothing but arrogant since this started therefore there isn’t a chance in hell she will let them ‘out’ her
edit on 12/12/2018 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Agreed with Amber Rudd. Not sure Rees-Mogg will get it (he's Catholic).
I am liking David Davis atm.....

Yes, I think you are right, she will resign.
edit on 12-12-2018 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Tbh bud I’m at a point where I no longer care as long as it’s a Brexiteer. Give us Boris, give us Gove, give us Leadsom (I think she has a chance actually - Assuming the Tories are brave enough to hand it to a Brexiteer which I doubt)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The trouble with Gove and Leadsom is that they both supported Teresa May's deal with the EU.
That's not a good sign.

Only a well-known conservative has a chance to become the leader but they all have (rightly or wrongly) been castrated by the MSM in one way or another.

If she doesn't resign, I think she may survive this vote of no confidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I feel like she has 9 life’s and yeah she will probably lose this vote but I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins at the same time

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Latest news is that she will make a statement outside No10 later this morning.....is she about to announce her resignation?

Resigning would be a very silly move, she'd be vilified for abandoning the country in its hour of need.

The problem with both her resignation and vote of no confidence is that there's nobody ready or even deserving of her job.. The leadership contest for once, would be people pushing other people into the job instead of a bunch of willing candidates.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, there we have the first part.....she's fighting on with threats that Brexit would get delayed or even Article 50 revoked.....+8pm it is then.....

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
In 1945 After Churchill basically saved Briton he was voted out of power. It was a few years later after the government nationalized many of the businesses and the economy tanked he was voted back in power to correct the situation which he did.

Now fast forward to today.. I am not British and only a casual observer but I do have faith in the common sense of most of the British people. So... my question is WHY is not Nigel Farage being pushed to the front of the line. Is he not interested ? Does not have any backing ? Can not be drafted ? I have heard Nigel speak many times and respect him greatly for his keen intellect and common sense.

I guess he has his own thing going now so who needs the B.S. of politics ?
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
To be fair, it was a good speech.
I'm pretty confident she will survive now.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Because he is not in any political party at the moment and he is loathed by the establishment.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Yep, I'd agree with you on all counts......it's all down to the maths now, and she already knows she is going to survive it.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Woohoo!!!! £ is down 5p against the dollar!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Great! Enter Rees-Mogg

What a ridiculous name. Sounds right of a series about inbred British upper class..

I raise you Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer! HA! If all goes as she predicts, she will be next German chancellor....!.... Poor foreigners. (Call her AKK.)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Constitutionally, a "no confidence" vote is directed against the government, and it entails the resignation of the government or an election. There would be no choice on the matter.
It doesn't follow that there would have to be a fresh election (and people don't want one). The Prime Minister has to be someone who can gather a majority of votes in the Commons; in effect, the politicians have to work out between them who could win such a majority, even though there is no formal election in the Commons to help them decide.
Churchill has been mentioned. Churchill took over from Chamberlain and became leader of a coalition government, by agreement, without a fresh election, and without being leader of any of the constituent parties (Chamberlain remained leader of the Conservatives until he died).

edit on 12-12-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

May won't resign and I don't think anyone in the Tories is capably of replacing her, either way brexit is screwed and it's all because the conservatives are incompetent.

This should have happened months ago but no, once again the Tories show their cowardice and lack of respect or care for the general public and the UK as a whole.

Time for a change, time for a general election.
edit on 12-12-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The Tories are so incompetent they couldn't escape from an unlocked room.

I have seen crap governments in the past, but this lot have set a new standard.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I do have faith in the common sense of most of the British people. So... my question is WHY is not Nigel Farage being pushed to the front of the line. Is he not interested ? Does not have any backing ? Can not be drafted ?

Because of the common sense of the British People...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yes, I think you are right, she will resign.

I think someone quite under estimated and a strong leaver who is measured

and logical is Ian Duncan Smith.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Duncan Smith was leader of The Conservative Party previously.

He was dumped after only 2 years. Why would they want to go back ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join