It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Floating like you would be in outer space, but then within the earth's atmosphere.

Everything in space supposedly floats.

Or do you make the claim there's a barrier between the earth's atmosphere and space or that the atmosphere makes us susceptible to the nature of space? Wouldn't the earth and the atmosphere therefore have to be shielded off from space through means of a barrier of some sort like a wall so the nature of space wouldn't have any influence on us?

Since we can travel into space, doesn't that mean it's entrance to it is wide open, making us floating beings kept on earth through the gravitational force?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Quite simple. We evolved on the surface of this planet. It's where we are born. In a gravity well. Not floating.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Its not floating, its a lack of gravity...........

/end thread

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Floating like you would be in outer space, but then within the earth's atmosphere.

Or do you make the claim there's a barrier between the earth's atmosphere and space or that the atmosphere makes us susceptible to the nature of space? Wouldn't the earth and the atmosphere therefore have to be shielded off from space through means of a barrier of some sort like a wall so the nature of space wouldn't have any influence on us?

Since we can travel into space, doesn't that mean it's entrance to it is wide open, making us floating beings kept on earth through the gravitational force?

Everything in space is in motion. If you were in a geosynchronous orbit around earth, so that you could be seen in space from earth always in the same spot, day in day out, you would rotate around the earth with 11,000 km/h..

If you were in space with no extra speed compared to earth, as if you were standing still, you would be moved towards the object with the highest gravitational force on you, may that be the sun, moon, earth, jupiter and so on.

"Floating" like "falling around the earth without touching ground" is just an act of balance between inward force (gravity) and outward force (transpetal force, your body would want to go in a straight line but can't).

You haven't answered about your knowledge level of physics. Can we discuss SRT?

Edit: oh, and if Earth's mass would have been just 20% more, we would not have been able to leave Earth with chemical rockets. The propulsion force from burning fuels would not have been sufficient to reach low orbits.
edit on 12 12 2018 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There is always gravity. It just may be that the forces are negating themselves. (Lagrange point 1 between Earth and Moon as an example).

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

then what is lack of gravity if it doesn't mean "floating in space"?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
To be kept on the earth by a force means we're naturally floating. We float, and since this force got a hold on us we are stuck on earth which floats in space, so we float.

Gravity keeps us locked on earth and so we are able to walk on earth, which gives us the impression we aren't floating, but we are.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

then what is lack of gravity if it doesn't mean "floating in space"?

........negative G........

It feels like youre trying to be profound about something and come to this amazing realization but you dont have a grasp on basic physics..........

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

No, no and to be absolutely clear, no again.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Gravity is the core belief supporting the solar system theory.

If you were to debunk gravity you'd debunk the entire universe theory.

Is gravity real?

The theory of gravity claims we are kept on the world by being pulled towards the ground by this supposed force. This implies we naturally are in fact floating beings.

Are we floating beings?

why would you want to 'debunk' gravity?

Anyway, look up the "electric universe" concept ... as everything is made up of zillions of tiny electric charges, the 'bigger' the object the more 'charge' aka 'attraction'

the only hypothesis which explains everything from quantum physics to mechanical physics and matter, ALL of which are just variations in wavelength and charge. 'Matter' is 'made' from light/sub atomic units aka photons/electrons or "planck bits jitterbugging in place"

read up on the Electric Universe by a guy named IIRC Hussein Naramein or something like that, it's the most logical theory I've read/considered re: everything
edit on 12-12-2018 by JohnnyJetson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Lol not a clue

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

a reply to: GreenGunther

So you agree with the claim we are floating?

A simple yes or no will suffice to prove your ignorance.

Being called ignorant simply because I don’t sit around waiting for thread replies on ATS all day?
I sense some misplaced anger here.

Does gravity tick you off? Or is there some other event in your life we’re unaware of?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Look into Emergence theory!

I personally feel this one has solid results and potential

I also think the "Electric Universe" theory too is quite interesting

Let me know what you think!

link

vid

vid

vid

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I say yes and no simply because i can.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Cool

And I can say the earth is made of jello, that doesnt make it true..............

Look were all for free thought here, just try to make some of it based on reality.........

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Cool

And I can say the earth is made of jello, that doesnt make it true..............

Look were all for free thought here, just try to make some of it based on reality.........

there you went defining reality

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
OP, what is your point here?

From a physiological perspective the human form (along with all other lifeforms here on Earth) have evolved into their current construct as a result of, among other things, gravity. If there wasn't gravity, the human form would have evolved into a different physical form. Our entire musculature is designed to counteract gravity.

So, in the context of human existence, gravity is a reality, at least in the history of living organisms on earth. You can say we're "floating" if you like, but reality and physical observation would suggest the exact opposite. So again, what is your point?

If your assertion is gravity is an illusion, then why do trees have trunks, why do humans have legs (and massive leg muscles in comparison to other muscles), why do birds have wings, etc? Further, why do mountains and piles in general exist? Why isn't everything just "floating" around in a giant cloud of loosely formed rock, life forms and other debris?

If your argument is...why do objects in the Universe behave in certain ways which would appear to require more mass than we can observe? Well, that is a different question, and not one about gravity, but rather about mass. Although, this discussion is far more technical than your OP would suggest you are implying.

So, again, what is your point?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Cool

there you went defining reality

"Reality" is defined as the observable physical universe from the perspective of the human senses in conjunction with the human mind.

Do you not live in this reality?

How do you define "reality"????

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Gravity is the core belief supporting the solar system theory.

If you were to debunk gravity you'd debunk the entire universe theory.

Is gravity real?

The theory of gravity claims we are kept on the world by being pulled towards the ground by this supposed force. This implies we naturally are in fact floating beings.

Are we floating beings?

We, as beings, developed under the force of gravity.

So, no -- we are not naturally floating beings. We are naturally made with gravity as factor. We are what we are becuase of gravity (among other factors).

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

See above.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join